Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this kid still available?
Was a lock to LSU. Supposedly silent verbaled but never fully committed kinda deal...they took the 7ft Putnam kid when he jumped at the chance to commit leaving Frank back to square 1. Also the relclass from 21 to 20 changed some things involving his recruitment I'm sure. I was told LSU kinda did the kid dirty...I know...surprising right?

this was before some schools have been eliminated but not a bad listen. All the Frank stuff is in the beginning. Smart kid and mentions us right up there with UK. I really liked the other recent interview he did that was shared. Lots of great talk about Red recruiting him and how long we have been on him. Also liked how he said he will probably just wake up one day and know what he will do...I just have a orange feeling here.

My best comp from the limited videos, is Darryl Watkins. Broad shouldered, athletic, his game hasn’t quite caught up with his potential.

Interesting. Sounds like a topic that could really get some traction.

On the main board.

I wonder if Frank Anselem thinks he can play the 4 in our zone? ;)

Everybody said we NEED BEEF in the middle!
CDB and the other guys aren’t cutting it.
We get “big boyed” by every legit 5 we face! :rolleyes:

How does this young, skinny kid solve for that?

And, since he delusionally fancies himself a 1-and-done, it’s unlikely he’d be around in ‘22 as a fully weaponized Big to pair w Dior et al.

Lastly - “handlers”? Ugh.
Really don’t need another TT situation.

He’s a Top 100 kid, so assuming we’re good with him taking a scholly and the coaches think he can contribute, why not?

All that said - this $mell$ like he’ll end up at WKU w/ $tan$bury.

I wonder if Frank Anselem thinks he can play the 4 in our zone? ;)

Everybody said we NEED BEEF in the middle!
CDB and the other guys aren’t cutting it.
We get “big boyed” by every legit 5 we face! :rolleyes:

How does this young, skinny kid solve for that?

And, since he delusionally fancies himself a 1-and-done, it’s unlikely he’d be around in ‘22 as a fully weaponized Big to pair w Dior et al.

Lastly - “handlers”? Ugh.
Really don’t need another TT situation.

He’s a Top 100 kid, so assuming we’re good with him taking a scholly and the coaches think he can contribute, why not?

All that said - this $mell$ like he’ll end up at WKU w/ $tan$bury.
Not really a big deal either way, but he dropped out of the top 100. He fell from 85 to 124 over the past month.

Not really a big deal either way, but he dropped out of the top 100. He fell from 85 to 124 over the past month.

I assume that’s due to the reclass from ‘21 to ‘20. The ‘20 class is a lot deeper now, since it seems many kids have done that.
(in part, due to relaxed qualification guidelines now because of Corona quarantine)

Has Syracuse ever had 4 centers on the roster before? Wonder if Edwards makes it back to the states. 3 guards and a maybe with the griffin transfer situation yet they’re pursuing a 4th center. Hm

Good point. A lot of universities are basically assuming that international students won't be back in the Fall. Not just Chinese students but international students. Hope it's not the case but you have to gameplan for that.

Also, fingers crossed that Marek doesn't break up with his gf and head home!

Why? He's got mobility, the abilty to hit shots, and more versatility to his offensive game than he demonstrated last year. Skill set and athleticism make it viable.

So shake your damn head all you want.

Agreed 144#.
We had RickJack play major minutes at the 4.
And that dude couldn’t hit a shot outside of the paint.
Young Rak got non-trivial minutes at the 4, when he couldn’t shoot either

Jesse is pretty fluid and mobile, he can actually “and roll” out of the screen & roll.

No reason to think one of these Bigs (Jesse, or Frank if we get him) couldn’t play minutes at the 4, if need be.

Back and forth in the thread aside, this looks more like a 2021 fill as opposed to a 2020. You have 3-4 people that can play the 4/5 alone. Sidibe and Dolezaj graduate after this coming season and frees up two spots in the frontcourt. It's a plus if he can contribute right away.

Agreed 144#.
We had RickJack play major minutes at the 4.
And that dude couldn’t hit a shot outside of the paint.
Young Rak got non-trivial minutes at the 4, when he couldn’t shoot either

Jesse is pretty fluid and mobile, he can actually “and roll” out of the screen & roll.

No reason to think one of these Bigs (Jesse, or Frank if we get him) couldn’t play minutes at the 4, if need be.

I could definitely be misremembering this, but I remember Rick Jackson getting a few minutes each game in the first half at PF, but mostly at C rotating with Arinze. It wasn’t until his senior year that he got more than 10 minutes a game at forward.

Rak played about 10 mins a game at forward as a freshman & soph, and then mostly at C from then on.

I could definitely be misremembering this, but I remember Rick Jackson getting a few minutes each game in the first half at PF, but mostly at C rotating with Arinze. It wasn’t until his senior year that he got more than 10 minutes a game at forward.

Rak played about 10 mins a game at forward as a freshman & soph, and then mostly at C from then on.
Plus those were the Big East days when our biggest rivals played with 2 bigs and tried to beat the zone by pounding us down low. (The Uconns, and Pitts of the world)

Now we still have some of that but guarding the 3 and the dribble drive is more important against the best teams in the ACC and that requires more mobile athletes IMO.

I think Frank can do it but I don't see that level of athleticism from Edwards or JBA.

We’re not getting him
I wish I had a buck for every time you‘ve posted this. A little color might make the repetition a little more interesting.

I wish I had a buck for every time you‘ve posted this. A little color might make the repetition a little more interesting.
He's the board dad. " We're not getting a puppy".

Plus those were the Big East days when our biggest rivals played with 2 bigs and tried to beat the zone by pounding us down low. (The Uconns, and Pitts of the world)

Now we still have some of that but guarding the 3 and the dribble drive is more important against the best teams in the ACC and that requires more mobile athletes IMO.

I think Frank can do it but I don't see that level of athleticism from Edwards or JBA.
Exactly why the staff is looking. And ([by edit], as far as "beef", he's not a heavyweight at either PF or C. But at 6'11/7'5" wingspan (his latest reported #'s) he's got the length to protect the rim. At 225, he'll be 15 pounds heavier as a frosh than Sid as a senior (although not as strong as Sid). Assuming he grows (as his wingspan suggests) if he gains 5 or 10 pounds he'll be 40 pounds heavier than our current 5-backup (MD).

Last edited:
Why? He's got mobility, the abilty to hit shots, and more versatility to his offensive game than he demonstrated last year. Skill set and athleticism make it viable.

So shake your damn head all you want.
What is wrong with you? Edwards can hit shots? Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online