Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, please dont take these too serious I'm just sharing. This account says it follows recruiting but doesnt have much of a following. Their IG seems a little more active. Not much but figured I'd share anyways to keep the suspense going :)

Screenshot_20200510-145914_Twitter.jpg

He would be another developmental center in my eyes. He is coming in a similar way that Edwards did last year. He will not add much to the offensive side to start off. What he has are defensive Skills and Offers a little more bulk than our other centers. I am ready to say let Edwards and Ajak develop by giving them playing time.

if we get him, then we will have to determine how good he is and when he plays. He would give us size for 2021 After Sidibe graduates.
He is projected to be a 3-4 year player with NBA potential. As much as I like Edwards, I don't think I have ever seen that stated about his abilities. Obviously nothing is a given, but I believe this kid has more potential. Additionally, Edwards still needs to gain weight, and I don't trust handing over the reigns to him in 2021 if he is unable to do so.

Let’s be honest we aren’t going to get anyone for 2020. JB apparently thinks we are just fine and dandy.

Let’s be honest we aren’t going to get anyone for 2020. JB apparently thinks we are just fine and dandy.

Pardon me, ma’am - your agenda is showing. ;)

We’ve clearly gotten involved with TONS of potential additions for this year.
Alan Griffin says hi!

Just because we haven’t landed anybody else - yet - doesn’t mean the staff hasn’t wanted to.

Pardon me, ma’am - your agenda is showing. ;)

We’ve clearly gotten involved with TONS of potential additions for this year.
Alan Griffin says hi!

Just because we haven’t landed anybody else - yet - doesn’t mean the staff hasn’t wanted to.
Is Orangefan1 a female, were you being facetious, or did you mistake him/her for me lol. I've been critical of our lack of involvement early on. Clearly the staff feels the need to recruit at the center position now, but my biggest question is where has this been for months? I get that we went after Isaiah, and we did go after 1-2 others, but that's just not enough. Now we are scrambling and offering everything over 6' 10.

Yes and I also think most forget that the college a person goes to becomes one's universe while in college. I loved my time at Syracuse while I was in college; however, the second I graduated I moved far away on purpose. No offense intended to you native syracuse folks - just not my cup of tea.
I'm the one who made the 'crack' about never wanting to visit/live in western kentucky. Firstly, that was about 25% joke and 75% serious. I'm a Geo-snob. I grew up in a wonderful east coast town, and then had to move to a hick midwest town for the last three years of high school. Traumatic. I just don't have a tolerance for certain types of environments. Can't deal with hillbillies, pickup truck culture, men with southern accents, red state politics, etc. I realize a college community is sometimes a 'bubble/isolation' situation. But, the population of the school is far more important than that. Syracuse is not exactly super-cosmopolitan, either, but my friends when i was there were from NYC, NJ, Connecticut, California. I'm not gonna look up who goes to Western Kentucky, but i'm going to guess from my elitist perch that not a lot of em' are from the big city or go in for that fancy book lernin'.

I keed. I keed. [Somewhat]

So, Frank, "if you're listening—" don't leave Cali for Western Kentucky. I've been in California for the past 8 years. That would be a cultural transition you don't want to make. You're a smart kid. Even referred to (unfortunately) as "articulate." Maybe you want to consider a Newhouse or a Falk Sports Management education for your 'after' years. That's my pitch. The ball is in your court [that's tennis, but let's stretch it for this application, kay?].

Is Orangefan1 a female, were you being facetious, or did you mistake him/her for me lol. I've been critical of our lack of involvement early on. Clearly the staff feels the need to recruit at the center position now, but my biggest question is where has this been for months? I get that we went after Isaiah, and we did go after 1-2 others, but that's just not enough. Now we are scrambling and offering everything over 6' 10.
I don't know if you are trolling. If not, I disagree with your take. Just because Cusesky has floated the names of upwards of 20 centers over the past month does not mean that the coaching staff has offered them all, or even that they have interest in many of them.

I don't know if you are trolling. If not, I disagree with your take. Just because Cusesky has floated the names of upwards of 20 centers over the past month does not mean that the coaching staff has offered them all, or even that they have interest in many of them.
So if Red is inquiring we should assume we aren’t really interested? He has for several of the big men since the end of the season

So if Red is inquiring we should assume we aren’t really interested? He has for several of the big men since the end of the season
I don't mean to jump into this little spat, but that's not what longtimefan said. Sometimes reading comprehension is really bad on this board. That said, I too am guilty at times (but only when I'm drinking).

this has got to be a troll account
Excuse me? If you have an issue with me, please let's take it offline, because quite frankly I'm tired of your condescending and snide remarks. I do not acknowledge you, do not know nor do I care to know you; but for some reason, you want to engage in negative confrontation with me on a regular basis. I find your bullying tactics to be unacceptable and annoying, so I am going to kindly ask you to stop.

Last edited:
Plus that's how the transfer portal works. So many options are available at season's end and when you have three guys transfer out and one leaves early then it gives you some extra schollies. It just wasn't a good take as no one here knows exactly what conversations take place amongst the coaches.

I was not trolling in the least bit. I realize Cusesky has floated a lot of names, but we have recently gone hard after the 3 grad transfers and the 2020 kid who committed to FSU. This is 4 recruits all within just a few months who were offered or going to be offered vs the 2-3 that we were going after over the last year.

20 that's all u have it at??? It has to be upwards of 40 ;) lol.

I don't mean to jump into this little spat, but that's not what longtimefan said. Sometimes reading comprehension is really bad on this board. That said, I too am guilty at times (but only when I'm drinking).

What did I miss? I never said we were courting 20 centers however if Syracuse inquired then that would mean we are interested correct? Regardless of this discussion we have gone after several centers and for whatever reason are not closing the deal. I don’t know why other than from what others are saying we aren’t offering enough of something. Money? Selling It? Idk

I was not trolling in the least bit. I realize Cusesky has floated a lot of names, but we have recently gone hard after the 3 grad transfers and the 2020 kid who committed to FSU. This is 4 recruits all within just a few months who were offered or going to be offered vs the 2-3 that we were going after over the last year.
Read what you write. Three grad transfers who recently became available and the local kid who blew up over a 2 week time frame. None of those four were available two months ago and at the same time we had three transfers going out so now we have something to offer.

This is not directed to one poster but to everyone.

It is not acceptable on this board to treat others with contempt. Name calling is not acceptable. It is fine to disagree with others but do it in an agreeable fashion.

I don’t want to start giving people formal warnings or temporary bans. Let’s head that kind of stuff off right now, okay? Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom