Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if this was part of the recruiting pitch from Red and/or JB given that there are 3 centers listed on the roster
Could be wrong, but I think it's highly likely that he was told that there was no one else on the roster with his skill set, rather than this being his personal opinion of his skill set relative to the other bigs. He would have to be clairvoyant to know what JBA skill set is.

I'm wondering if this was part of the recruiting pitch from Red and/or JB given that there are 3 centers listed on the roster
Hes more of a athlete then the others. How that translates on the court remains to be seen. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out that's for sure.

Last this clearly was a huge day for Red Autry. Without Red this kid goes somewhere else. One wonders if this could be a large steppingstone towards Red becoming the heir apparent.
Red would just be keeping the seat warm for Gerry.

If I was starting a team, I would take Towns and tape over the guys we got. But not by that much. We rebounded well.
I agree Dasher but Frank has a pretty high upside. However Towns and Tape would help more in 20-21.

We can hope Jim is building a team like Nova has the past decade.

Most excited about SU Hoops since probation

Last edited:
I agree Dasher but Frank his a pretty high upside. However Towns and Tape would help more in 20-21.

We can hope Jim is building a team like Nova has the past decade.

Most excited about SU Hoops since probation
I also think, and I better watch my back on this, Joey G and Buddy will be very good this year. Marek as well.

If I was starting a team, I would take Towns and tape over the guys we got. But not by that much. We rebounded well.
if we're talking next year only, yeah probably - but I'm glad we're getting xfers that will be with us more than 1 season and arguably have more upside (for sure Anselem having upside over Tape)

I also think, and I better watch my back on this, Joey G and Buddy will be very good this year. Marek as well.
I'm excited for Sidibe (he seems like a great kid and teammate). I hope he builds on his last 5-6 games. I'd love to see him make some $$ playing hoops for 5-10 years then build something beyond basketball.

Welcome aboard Frank! We needed this commitment sooooo bad. Expect Edwards to take the RS

You mean expect Edwards to transfer? There is zero chance under the sun edwards redshirts this year. Zero.

You mean expect Edwards to transfer? There is zero chance under the sun edwards redshirts this year. Zero.
What is your logic? I have never met him in person but he appears to be a 4-5 year player to me. He wasn't ready last year and to me is a player who can contribute and maybe even start his last 2 years.

Re: Sidibe
This is totally anecdotal in about 40 years old, but C Danny Schayes didn’t do much until his senior year and went on to have a lengthy NBA career. I’ll grant you he was behind Roosevelt Bouie those first three years, but I don’t think people expected him to achieve such an enduring career in the NBA despite the pedigree.
Who knows, maybe Sid is maturing and will blossom (I know, not a very masculine analogy) now that he’s a senior.

Re: Sidibe
This is totally anecdotal in about 40 years old, but C Danny Schayes didn’t do much until his senior year and went on to have a lengthy NBA career. I’ll grant you he was behind Roosevelt Bouie those first three years, but I don’t think people expected him to achieve such an enduring career in the NBA despite the pedigree.
Who knows, maybe Sid is maturing and will blossom (I know, not a very masculine analogy) now that he’s a senior.
Danny was a huge surprise. The guy played 17 seasons in the NBA. He graduated HS a year early too. He wasn't super coordinated in HS at Jamesville-Dewitt. Realistically he was probably a recruit for LeMoyne vice SU but he was smart and did several things really well (boxing out, shooting free throws and being a coach on the floor)

Jesse's fundamentals are better than any big since Xmas.
Maybe but they can still be improved. He was getting abused in the paint much of the time.
BL: he needs to grow into his body.

Pick is in:
This was a huge get Cuse fans! He is the best center recruit we have had since Rakeem Christmas, not that caliber, but this is huge. We needed bigs, and we got a good one. His ranking is not accurate due to his recent reclassification. We should be thankful for that, because this kept the Duke's, Kentucky's and all of the other snake oil salesmen away.

Maybe, but you have to weigh how many years they give you as well. I’d take Tape over Frank, but since Tape only gives you a year, then I’m going with Frank. I’d expect 3 from him, even though he wants it to be 2. Towns, and Griffin both have two years left, but who knows if either plays more than one.

Regardless, gimme AG over Towns. His ability to attack the basket is something Towns lacks. Towns is probably the better shooter, but not by a wide margin. He would be a better fit on D at the 3 right now. Still, I’m taking the more complete offensive game, plus AG has the tools, and motor to be solid on D. And Towns hasn’t played in two years, so that’s a minor concern.

You can’t go wrong either way really, but I think we made out better for the future, and in reality, the upcoming season may be best served to build for our next run at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom