Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to tow the line, and stay with this all the way to the Finnish shoot.

Irregardless, we should of kept recruiting Mac & Clingan hard, so they don’t end up with Hurly at UConn. What a looser.
Props to you!!!

Re the portal he should have a google meet with the nations top 25 Quarterbacks and offer up some advice.

I posted this a few months ago in the Kadary thread, explaining how when Andre committed, UConn had a Lot more PT available than us...but after 7 months that essentially flipped, and we would have had thr PT ( this post was before UConn got Sanogo too...another guy who could play the 4)

When he committed to UConn, the season hadn’t even started yet. So we had a feeling Eli would be good and get all the minutes at the 3, but no one knew hed be leaving. We had Joe, Buddy, Jalen and a top 75 kid in Goodine who were all under class men. To anyone think Andre looked at that roster and thought “I’ll get plenty of PT” is lying.

When he committed to UConn, at the 1-3s they had:

-a PG transfer from Howard
-2 freshman ranked right around were Goodine was
-and Tyler Polley, who up until that point had done nothing of note at the college level.
-They had Christian Vital, who was getting a load of minutes but was also a senior and would be gone. They also had Gilbert, but as strictly a PG he wouldn’t effect Andre that much.

So if you’re Andre when you commit in October, looking ahead to 2020:

- UConn has 3 PGs possibly on the roster (Gilbert, Evans, Gaffney) but that’s fine, it’s unlikely due to size those 3 play together very often
- A departing Vital, who would leave over 30mpg+ on the table
- Bouknight, who is ranked near Jackson as a sophomore
- Tyler Polley, who averaged 8ppg and 2rpg as a 6’9” sophomore

- Syracuse meanwhile has Eli coming back, locked into the 3 and most of the minutes
- A combination of Girard, Buddy, Goodine, Carey in the back court battling for time

Hurley promised Jackson a starting spot, that’s what he needed to hear

But ironically,

- Bouknight ends up looking really, really good; will be UConns best player and on the court a lot
- Polley really emerges before tearing his ACL and ending his season, but he’ll be back and an upperclassman
- UConn adds Tyrese Martin; a 6’6 205 kid who Hurley recruited at URI and averaged 12/7 as a sophomore. They did this with Jackson already in the fold

So assuming Bouknight is locked into the 2G for 30+ mpg, Jackson will be battling for minutes at the 3/4 with Polley and Martin for 2 more years! If Akok wasnt hurt you gotta assume he’d be slotted in at the 4. I suppose Bouknight could leave after this year.

Meanwhile Syracuse loses Goodine, Carey and Hughes. With 38mpg available at the 3 (then we got Griffin of course).

gotta wonder if Jackson knew how 2019 would unfold if he still picks UConn. Cole and Bouknight need the ball; Gaffney is a PG. if he came here you’d think he’d have tge ball A LOT with Joe/Buddy spotting up on the wings. Now he’s at a place where he’ll be the 3rd ball handling option at best and he’ll be battling for playing time with 2 upperclassmen who are coming off productive seasons.
Very interesting breakdown.

PT was clearly a major factor for Andre, but there is an even more simple tactic that Hurley used to swing the Jackson family his way on top of the PT card.

Very interesting breakdown.

PT was clearly a major factor for Andre, but there is an even more simple tactic that Hurley used to swing the Jackson family his way on top of the PT card.
Which is wild. You promise the younger bro a scholarship but who is to say Hurley isn’t done after next season? Then that scholarship is gone. Jackson wanted to come here, was a heavy lean here until Hurley promised his bro a scholarship and the world. Dude hasn’t exactly lit it on fire at UConn. I think he NEEDS to make the tourney this year or next. If he misses it both years again I don’t see how they keep him...the only thing that might save him is that UCONN athletic department is a mess right now and can’t exactly afford many other options LOL

Which is wild. You promise the younger bro a scholarship but who is to say Hurley isn’t done after next season? Then that scholarship is gone. Jackson wanted to come here, was a heavy lean here until Hurley promised his bro a scholarship and the world. Dude hasn’t exactly lit it on fire at UConn. I think he NEEDS to make the tourney this year or next. If he misses it both years again I don’t see how they keep him...the only thing that might save him is that UCONN athletic department is a mess right now and can’t exactly afford many other options LOL

First I have heard of that. Is the brother a player?

And who’s to say he even has to honor it? Andre will most likely be gone by the time his brother gets to college lol.

Totally agree about Hurley though, he’s been crazy in what he’s promising these kids especially considering he’s never done anything he’s talked about

First I have heard of that. Is the brother a player?
He’ll certainly get looks. He’s a big PG, around 6-2 with decent skill. I don’t think he’s much more than a low D1. I could be wrong but I think he has a couple offers already from the likes of Albany, Marist, Vermont etc...I think that’s the level he should be at. Hurley promises these kids “they’ll be drafted”, “we’ll make the tourney”, “your brother will have a spot on the team”, etc...and he’s literally done NONE of that while at UCONN LOL

Dior usually gets what he wants. He already gave us Benny and Westry. Like the article said, Mac wants to play and make an impact in year one. He actually would have committed before Benny if we didn’t land Frank and already have the two centers. We will definitely see either Ajak or Edwards transfer out before 2021. I’m still confident we get this across the finish line. We’re a lot closer than we were 2 weeks ago.

And who’s to say he even has to honor it? Andre will most likely be gone by the time his brother gets to college lol.

Totally agree about Hurley though, he’s been crazy in what he’s promising these kids especially considering he’s never done anything he’s talked about

True but whwn you face a rebuild like he had to I think that is probably the route that I coach needs to take. As much of a spaz as he is, have to give him credit for the recruiting results he's been able to put together so far.

But enough losing recruits to that coach and that program. I know they've had some great success in the past, but for whatever reason I think SU should be able to run circles around them in the current environment.

He’ll certainly get looks. He’s a big PG, around 6-2 with decent skill. I don’t think he’s much more than a low D1. I could be wrong but I think he has a couple offers already from the likes of Albany, Marist, Vermont etc...I think that’s the level he should be at. Hurley promises these kids “they’ll be drafted”, “we’ll make the tourney”, “your brother will have a spot on the team”, etc...and he’s literally done NONE of that while at UCONN LOL
10 years of coaching D1
2 tournament appearances
1 NIT appearance
0 players who’ve played even a second in the NBA

kudos to him for tricking these kids but in 2 years he’ll have no leg to stand on lol

True but whwn you face a rebuild like he had to I think that is probably the route that I coach needs to take. As much of a spaz as he is, have to give him credit for the recruiting results he's been able to put together so far.

But enough losing recruits to that coach and that program. I know they've had some great success in the past, but for whatever reason I think SU should be able to run circles around them in the current environment.
Our coaches are realistic- read what Anselem said when he committed. Hurley tells every kid he’ll be in the NBA and win a championship lol

Dior usually gets what he wants. He already gave us Benny and Westry. Like the article said, Mac wants to play and make an impact in year one. He actually would have committed before Benny if we didn’t land Frank and already have the two centers. We will definitely see either Ajak or Edwards transfer out before 2021. I’m still confident we get this across the finish line. We’re a lot closer than we were 2 weeks ago.

Westry?

I find it very hard to believe he would have committed if we didn’t land Frank I also don’t think he’s worried about losing PT to JBA or Edwards...

we didn’t even start talking to Frank until a month ago and we’ve been after Mac for a longtime

I find it very hard to believe he would have committed if we didn’t land Frank I also don’t think he’s worried about losing PT to JBA or Edwards...

we didn’t even start talking to Frank until a month ago and we’ve been after Mac for a longtime

Mac is very high on SU. But he wants playing time and as little obstacles to that as possible. It’s non negotiable as the article says

They also are running on a HUUUUGE negative right now and can't afford the payout.

Mac is very high on SU. But he wants playing time and as little obstacles to that as possible. It’s non negotiable as the article says
You talk in absolutes then back away, it’s confusing lol.

so Mac didn’t commit a month ago because of JBA and Edwards? Even one of them leave, we’ll still have the other and Frank, that’s still 2 centers

So when does it become public?
The rumor was he wanted to commit on the visit, but his dad talked him out of it and he wanted him to visit more places. Then the pandemic happened. Nothing is 100% until you sign the NLI, but he’s definitely ours to lose

The rumor was he wanted to commit on the visit, but his dad talked him out of it and he wanted him to visit more places. Then the pandemic happened. Nothing is 100% until you sign the NLI, but he’s definitely ours to lose

Yep that's the latest I've heard too. But as with Andre Jackson, these things aren't done until they're done. Hopefully we can squeeze a verbal out of the kid.

You talk in absolutes then back away, it’s confusing lol.

so Mac didn’t commit a month ago because of JBA and Edwards? Even one of them leave, we’ll still have the other and Frank, that’s still 2 centers

Mac would have committed long before Benny around the time he visited during the Duke game. I think he re-evaluated some things Since then and wants playing time priority #1. He wants to see how things shake out this year. Maybe ajak or Edwards don’t develop as expected or Frank isn’t ready for prime time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom