Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don’t think the young players will develop? Ok then. The coaches disagree here. We would have taken a high end center, but that’s not working out. I now remember why I’ve stopped commenting in these threads.

Cool, feel free to stop commenting then.

Good to hear on Edwards. And your second paragraph is my point. I do hope players improve, but some in this thread act like we have 5 5 stars returning hence no quality player will be interested.

I as much as everyone hope that the players improve but if you want to compete and regain our position atop a league, you need to push your players and recruit quality players year in, year out, not simply hope your current guys develop.
they nabbed their #1 overall target & now have 1 slot left for 21. #2 target isn't coming so they pocket the schollie. if something changes with micawber, they still have it. if a typical griffin late find pops up, they have it. if a really good transfer appears, they have it. if none of those things happen, they roll it over to the talent rich 22 or 23 classes.
this would all be different if they didn't have benny. but having his commitment frees the staff up to be patient

Our MO has always been good/very good players, surrounded by a 5-star or two. That was basically 2003 in a nutshell.
What we haven’t had these last few years has been development since most key guys left early.
Fans can’t have it both ways, ie; Wanting guys to stay and develop while also expecting multi 5-star lineups as well. Our developing youngsters like Edwards will need time to mature, so recruiting a 5-star center is not exactly a priority. Sure you grab one if they’re available, but if we miss it shouldn’t spell disaster.
Next 2 years we’ll have some key players who are vets and have gone through the ACC wars. Dior, and maybe a Roddy or Westry, along w/ Benny, and we should be ready to roll- just like old times.

Last edited:
It’ll just be Benny unless Kaluma comes. Dior isn’t reclassifing either.

We technically only have 1 open spot for 2021 anyway. The staff will most likely roll that scholly over for 2022 (a walk on will get it for 2021).

We will enter 2022 with the following on scholly:

JG3
QG
Braswell
Kadary
Woody
Frank
JBA
Benny
Dior

that is assuming no early departures or transfers. Expect the staff to load up for 2022 and 2023. You won’t see a late 3-star add like Bras and Frank were for a while
Looks like you forgot Chas Owens on your list for next year.

I think we take another player in 2021 but in the spring/summer time. The roster always shakes (it just happens, nature of the beast) and we’ll lose someone and we’ll grab another

Gut feeling... no Big Mac for us I’m starving

We've been told repeatedly by "people who know things" that we are not getting Big Mac.
So, your gut isn't exactly Nostradamus on this one.

and next year, both Sidibe and Marek will be gone, so PT will be there for the taking.

Unless the NCAA is consistent and offers the same free year to winter sports student athletes that it offered to fall. Don't see much changing in the next few weeks, unfortunately and it seems unlikely that the NCAA would follow up granting spring sports seniors an extra year, then ALL fall sports athletes an extra year by telling winter sports athletes they are out of luck.

We've been told repeatedly by "people who know things" that we are not getting Big Mac.
So, your gut isn't exactly Nostradamus on this one.
If I relied on the board comments/ opinions, I would be perpetually disappointed and sad. Sorry, will stick with my gut

Are this kids handlers looking to get paid? Is that what’s going on here? Why we backed off?

The Illinois momentum isn't really new so it won't surprise me if he ends up there. It also wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't decide for awhile still with the way everything is right now.. Antigua is $hady!

VIP article but it looks like UK might be getting involved with the Mac sweepstakes lol.

I guess this shuts down the rumor that we're out. Still don't think we're getting him but

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201002-100046_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201002-100046_Chrome.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 322
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics