Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
A single thread with all the backstories about recruits we lost who could have made a real difference and the real reasons we lost them would make an excellent read.
The Otto's World podcast on Patreon pretty much did that recently.

The Otto's World podcast on Patreon pretty much did that recently.

That is still a thing? I thought it may have stopped after some were getting charged for no content.. or something along those lines. At least that is what I recall being said on the board a while back.

That is still a thing? I thought it may have stopped after some were getting charged for no content.. or something along those lines. At least that is what I recall being said on the board a while back.

still going and going well IMO. He did great year by year breakdown of our recruiting classes. Included players who ended up elsewhere and why they did. They made for great lockdown listening.

Zooming with Miami

Attachments

• B199ACA7-1380-4C72-BE14-6C6049734283.jpeg
    B199ACA7-1380-4C72-BE14-6C6049734283.jpeg
    799.6 KB · Views: 197
once Su is out I give up following. But it will be a school like Miami esque
Sucks. More for him than us because I think he’s going to miss out on something fun since adults ruin things.

Yeah, when I think of Miami, the first thing that comes to mind is Illinois. :)

I'm so done with this clown show of a recruitment. This once again appears to be a case where the coaches did their part but handlers will be handlers.

I'm so done with this clown show of a recruitment. This once again appears to be a case where the coaches did their part but handlers will be handlers.
Gerry went above and beyond. AaU coaches just think they know what’s better for a kid

I eventually got out of Patreon but it wasn't easy to void the sponsorship. It wasn't the fault of the person running it, but Patreon doesn't have a very transparent way of exiting.

Ah, the pristine beaches of Urbana...

He’s going to end up at a very surprising school. *Handler alert*

So what is the plan for '21? Surely can't be just Benny. But very few other kids we are publicly on. Seems we are outside for Kaluma

So what is the plan for '21? Surely can't be just Benny. But very few other kids we are publicly on. Seems we are outside for Kaluma

We are set at most positions. It’s going to difficult to convince high 4 and 5 star guys to come here and wait their time.

It’ll just be Benny unless Kaluma comes. Dior isn’t reclassifing either.

We technically only have 1 open spot for 2021 anyway. The staff will most likely roll that scholly over for 2022 (a walk on will get it for 2021).

We will enter 2022 with the following on scholly:

JG3
QG
Braswell
Kadary
Woody
Frank
JBA
Benny
Dior

that is assuming no early departures or transfers. Expect the staff to load up for 2022 and 2023. You won’t see a late 3-star add like Bras and Frank were for a while

We are set at most positions. It’s going to difficult to convince high 4 and 5 star guys to come here and wait their time.

Disagree. Let's not fool ourselves that the roster is chock full of 4-5 stars. Benny yes, but the others, in theory at least, should be up for grabs where top end players would not be convinced. 3 hugely unproven centers in particular. And while we hope Kadary is all that the hype says, you think a star HS kid is going to be threatened by JGIII and the 90th ranked freshman? JB's job is to stockpile talent. SU should expect real competition at all positions.

Disagree. Let's not fool ourselves that the roster is chock full of 4-5 stars. Benny yes, but the others, in theory at least, should be up for grabs where top end players would not be convinced. 3 hugely unproven centers in particular. And while we hope Kadary is all that the hype says, you think a star HS kid is going to be threatened by JGIII and the 90th ranked freshman? JB's job is to stockpile talent. SU should expect real competition at all positions.

So you don’t think the young players will develop? Ok then. The coaches disagree here. We would have taken a high end center, but that’s not working out. I now remember why I’ve stopped commenting in these threads.

The staff likes all 3 centers and odds are at least 1 of them will pan out. Don’t expect a 2021 commit from a center. A lot of development can happen in 2 years. I do expect to us to add a big for 2022 (not Clingan) , could be a transfer though. Hell, maybe 2 of the centers work out then all of a sudden a big in 2022 isn’t much of a priority at all

The staff likes all 3 centers and odds are at least 1 of them will pan out. Don’t expect a 2021 commit from a center. A lot of development can happen in 2 years. I do expect to us to add a big for 2022 (not Clingan) , could be a transfer though. Hell, maybe 2 of the centers work out then all of a sudden a big in 2022 isn’t much of a priority at all

Early pre-season reports suggest that Edwards has taken a substantial sophomore leap, and is far ahead of expectations. He's the biggest surprise of the summer. Sidibe looks very solid / should have a good year, and they are extremely high on JBA's long term potential. Anselem looks athletic and strong [for an incoming frosh], but is raw [as expected] -- good news is he's demonstrating that he's a hard worker.

Doesn't mean that they can't cobble together a quality rotation -- and next year, both Sidibe and Marek will be gone, so PT will be there for the taking.

Also counting Marek / Quincy G, we have a lot of depth at the power positions.

Early pre-season reports suggest that Edwards has taken a substantial sophomore leap, and is far ahead of expectations. He's the biggest surprise of the summer. Sidibe looks very solid / should have a good year, and they are extremely high on JBA's long term potential. Anselem looks athletic and strong [for an incoming frosh], but is raw [as expected] -- good news is he's demonstrating that he's a hard worker.

Doesn't mean that they can't cobble together a quality rotation -- and next year, both Sidibe and Marek will be gone, so PT will be there for the taking.

Also counting Marek / Quincy G, we have a lot of depth at the power positions.

Good to hear on Edwards. And your second paragraph is my point. I do hope players improve, but some in this thread act like we have 5 5 stars returning hence no quality player will be interested.

I as much as everyone hope that the players improve but if you want to compete and regain our position atop a league, you need to push your players and recruit quality players year in, year out, not simply hope your current guys develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom