Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told everyone on here months ago that when his list comes out you will be shocked given the caliber of player. When you have AAU coaches making decisions for you, these are the programs that you end up with. Miami has been the main player for a long time and I expect a commitment to them.

as far as how is ucla included in this ? Go to Westwood and let me know how you say no to that. Don’t care if the team wins 0 games a year. It’s an amazing way of life. But I expect Miami here

You know what I want. I want the recruiting classes we had when we brought in Donte Greene, Johnny Flynn, Rick Jackson and Scoop Jardine in 07. The Christmas, MCW, and Cooney class in 2011 I believe. Year before that was Dion, Fab, CJ, and Baye. That is what I want and so do many other Cuse fans.
Well, you can want in one hand...and just keep being...well, you in the other.

Can somebody explain to me how we can't beat out a down UCLA program, a middling Miami, and 2 mid west programs in Marquette and Illinois ?
You are entitled to your opinion. But, people have tried to explain it to you, over and over again. You are either not listening, refuse to accept the fact that what the kid thinks (or those advising him) matter, or you simply can't comprehend the process. There is at least one very connected poster in this thread who has explained it to you. Your desperately wanting something to happen the way you think it should happen is irrelevant.

You are entitled to your opinion. But, people have tried to explain it to you, over and over again. You are either not listening, refuse to accept the fact that what the kid thinks (or those advising him) matter, or you simply can't comprehend the process. There is at least one very connected poster in this thread who has explained it to you. Your desperately wanting something to happen the way you think it should happen is irrelevant.
Or he is a troll.

Did you see his reply when someone asked him if he rode the short bus to school? If he is a troll, he might be one of the best ever to "grace" these boards.
It might have been me that asked the bus question. I just don’t think a real person could possibly be so out of whack. If 2020 were a person, it would be Cuserunner.

It might have been me that asked the bus question. I just don’t think a real person could possibly be so out of whack. If 2020 were a person, it would be Cuserunner.
The club of out of whack posters is huge. And the waiting list is even longer. This guy might be their King, but the game of thrones has many players.

Now that's good. If you came up with that, I commend you good sir. I will DEFINITELY use that sometime BUT take full credit for it, of course. Thanks, fog.

Anybody who’s paid any type of attention to this recruitment has known what way it was going. Camp running his recruitment galore. We backed off months ago as we always do in these situations.

I am a Boeheim fan and never wanted him pushed out. But, I realize that for years we have missed out on many top players in the NY/NJ area who grew up on and love Syracuse basketball. Our style of basketball has hurt us considerably, along with Boeheim's approach/philosophy/ways. It's all outdated and honestly, if I am a 4/5 star player who grew up on Syracuse basketball and have pro potential, I would make a business decision to play elsewhere. I give Coach credit for what he has done with unranked, 3 star, and the occasional 5 star players, but I believe that once he retires and "if" we put in place a coach who will adapt to the current ways of college basketball, we will start reeling in the top players. Too much blame over the years has wrongly gone to assistant coaches, particularly McNamara and the "handlers" of the players, when at the heart of our lack of success in recruiting is our system which is not designed to attract and groom potential (even those who are somewhat deluded) NBA players. I have stopped following closely the recruitment of 4/5 star players due to heartbreak and disappointment. The final straw was Quade who broke me. I lost so much valuable time following his high school and AAU games. My anger when I found out he committed to Kentucky, I will never forget. I cursed out loud and my young daughter ran into the room and asked me what happened? When I told her, the look she gave me without saying a word made me feel like a fool.

I don't think our style hurts us. The style hasn't changed much over the years and look at the level of talent that we have gotten. With good talent, our system works.

Does Boeheim, and his approach to talent management hurt us? Maybe. If I had a son that was good enough to play at that level, he probably wouldn't be going to Cuse, and that's coming from a HUGE diehard SU fan. I hate to say it, but it's true. I don't like how Boeheim treats some players - Roberson is a key example. I just don't like it and would fear that my son would be treated like that.

What is most curious to me is the level of inconsistency with recruiting. Maybe it's just the world of college basketball, I don't know. But, looking back over the years, we (Boeheim and company) has brought in some STELLAR classes, and then we go a few years recruiting like a mid conference tier team, while the Miami and Florida States fly right past us. Then we come back and have some stellar classes again. The way the pendulum sways with recruiting confuses me. How we can amass the talent we do and then go for years and struggle.

Does anyone remember that multi-part series that the Post Standard did MANY years ago which focused on why our program couldn't recruit like it once did? It was very interesting and a topic that many of us talked about regularly. The funny thing is just a year or two later, our level of recruiting massively improved which led to final fours. I understand that recruiting is a fluid thing, but our program seems to swing back and forth between great and mediocre more than other programs at our level.

Last edited:
Did a bunch of old guys just call another poster Whack?

Crack is Whack, so is CuseRunner, yo
e6f463854e40c9570f78782bd6ee7dd3.png

Not a bad place to spend a few years ... not to mention he fits perfectly with what Mick does

Not a bad place to spend a few years ... not to mention he fits perfectly with what Mick does
his people made it clear that playing time was a prime concern . . . they saw mick running his guys out there for 50+ minutes this weekend & that's all micawber needed to decide

Ironically i have no doubt that kid would have played 30 mpg here next year regardless of who is here and who leaves. But it rubs me the wrong way that he apparently wanted the time handed to him, didn't believe in himself and/or was afraid of competition. Water under bridge. Will be interesting to compare him and Anselem when all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom