Class of 2020 - C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue

His stats don't show me he's better than Sidibe.
I haven't seen him play, though. That i remember. What about him tells you that JB would assure him of a starting role over an incumbent who really started to put it together at the end of this season? Tapé, similar, but i could at least see the potential for a more solid, and stronger player. But, yeah—same thing.
I think their games are very similar but Haarms is bigger longer and has a jump shot.

Big 10 was a more physical league than the ACC this season he should benefit from that day one.

Part of recruiting is sale pitch EVERY coach will tell him he is the presumed starter going into the year or we wouldn't be recruiting you.

Everybody is guessing at this point. But you have to admit, with half of D1 schools clamoring for him, our chances seem pretty slim until he starts whittling down the list.
Same boat for everyone. But looking at his list of schools you gotta think we are one of them hes seriously considering. I'm guessing his list will be
Syracuse/UK/Gonzaga/Arizona/Texas Tech/Louisville/Memphis

And that's based off of completely nothing but my own opinion. Decent schools/exposure/coaches/players. Those would be the schools to help him elevate his game for the next level like he wants...I was actually going to leave Memphis off the list but Penny$ has some things going for him.

His stats don't show me he's better than Sidibe.
I haven't seen him play, though. That i remember. What about him tells you that JB would assure him of a starting role over an incumbent who really started to put it together at the end of this season? Tapé, similar, but i could at least see the potential for a more solid, and stronger player. But, yeah—same thing.

Sidible clearly played much better to close the season which was great to see but head to head, Haarms is a better player. More offensive versatility and very active defender. Sidibe may have the edge on the glass but he also blows pretty much every player away when it comes to fouling.

Isn't the kid a grad transfer, as in scheduled to graduate this May. Hardly screwing his team over without warning. Likely, the school knew what he was doing.

If Painter and his staff are surprised that a soon-to-be 23 year old grad transfer isn't going to return to Purdue for his grad year, then that's on them.

I guess Purdue fans haven’t seen him play, who knew.

Smart move. With the uncertainty around everything you don't give up a paying job for the potential of another

UK might not be able to afford their whole draft class this year.

GoOrangeMattvIiKsifCDe6n.gif

Haarms has NBA potential and would need to be the starting center. Sidebe's role would be to come off the bench and to give all out energy and to play more minutes if MH was off for some reason or in foul trouble. That doesn't make him any less valuable and in fact that would be his likely role if he can make it into a pro league somewhere, maybe even in the NBA down the road. Scouts would look at how he managed this and it could be better for him. He would be a four year player and have a Syracuse degree and would always be a real Orange man.

A buddy of mine from Purdue just texted me and said Haarms committed to UK?

Edit: I don’t see any indication of this yet online, but I’m not an a paying member of any recruiting services

Double Edit: I don’t think he has committed to UK, at least not yet... let the speculation on his potential landing spot continue! Dilly dilly!

Last edited:
A buddy of mine from Purdue just texted me and said Haarms committed to UK?

Edit: I don’t see any indication of this yet online, but I’m not an a paying member of any recruiting services

Double Edit: I don’t think he has committed to UK, at least not yet... let the speculation on his potential landing spot continue! Dilly dilly!
What better way to showcase your skills, than to hide yourself in a sea of 5 star talent! ;)

What better way to showcase your skills, than to hide yourself in a sea of 5 star talent! ;)
Right, if your minutes were decreasing at Purdue, what makes you think your playing 30 at tucky
I'm not sure what Richards and Montgomery are doing but still...

I'm pretty much a broken record in these center threads but Maryland has a glaring need for a big-man and a very good group of guards.

Right, if your minutes were decreasing at Purdue, what makes you think your playing 30 at tucky
I'm not sure what Richards and Montgomery are doing but still...
Who cares when there is a huge bag of cash on your door. Hopefully he doesn't go to UK.

How does a guy that's 7'3" only average 4-5 rebounds a game over his career at Purdue? I'd be happy if he came here but that's shockingly low.
Yeah, I had the same thoughts when I saw that stat. But, I'd take him in a heartbeat as a defensive presence at the 5.

How does a guy that's 7'3" only average 4-5 rebounds a game over his career at Purdue? I'd be happy if he came here but that's shockingly low.
He probably was much lighter in weight his first few years, tall guys usually can't add weight until a couple years after they stop growing.

So he most likely getting pushed around it's why I think Edwards needs to RS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom