Class of 2020 - C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue

I’m thinking a much taller yet slightly less athletic Keith Van Horn.

Yeah that could work, but definitely only slightly. Especially with what looks like a 6 inch vertical, just coming up a bit shy of the 40 inch mark displayed by KVH. A year with us, and he could make up the difference in no time.

Like most on here, I would love to bring this guy aboard. But it seems like a lateral move for him to come here. He will land with a big program who can give him 30MPG.

Like most on here, I would love to bring this guy aboard. But it seems like a lateral move for him to come here. He will land with a big program who can give him 30MPG.
If he is worried about competition in college he is NEVER going to make it in the NBA anyway.

Based on just my opinion and nothing else, I don't see us being in HAARMS way !
I like the kid out of Long Beach State anyway !

Based on just my opinion and nothing else, I don't see us being in HAARMS way !
I like the kid out of Long Beach State anyway !
I think we make Haarms top 10 just based off his school list...but I'm not sure about anything after that. He will give us a look and we will try to give him our best pitch but i doubt it goes anywhere. LBS kid is staying out west. Quincy or other options are out there. Haarms would be the ultimate get but I dont see it happening especially the way things are starting to unfold. Just my opinion but who the heck knows what will happen.

I think we make Haarms top 10 just based off his school list...but I'm not sure about anything after that. He will give us a look and we will try to give him our best pitch but i doubt it goes anywhere. LBS kid is staying out west. Quincy or other options are out there. Haarms would be the ultimate get but I dont see it happening especially the way things are starting to unfold. Just my opinion but who the heck knows what will happen.

IF we get Ballard this weekend, then clearly we’ve taken ourselves out of Haarms way.

Not that we’re realistically in his way, as he likely has more appealing options, with less potential comp for PT.

So - I’m hoping we get Ballard then -
Or maybe that dude from UNC who just entered the Portal?
He’s actually got some skills & experience, along with size.

If they were to get MH, JB would employ an uptempo offense and full court press defense very often. IMO.

IF we get Ballard this weekend, then clearly we’ve taken ourselves out of Haarms way.

Not that we’re realistically in his way, as he likely has more appealing options, with less potential comp for PT.

So - I’m hoping we get Ballard then -
Or maybe that dude from UNC who just entered the Portal?
He’s actually got some skills & experience, along with size.
Yea I actually like the idea of the UNC kid. Experience and BIG bodied. Can give us minutes and battle against some of the bigger acc guys we play. Doesnt have to be super productive and will only be around for a year maybe 2 with his redshirt ability. It addresses alot of our issues we have had over the years. Plenty of options out there right now to improve our roster for this season and plan for the next few years as well.

Needless to say, I'd be over the moon if Haarm did end up orange! My guess is probably a bad one, but Gonzaga is my guess ! This is probably an off the wall choice, but anyway !
Hopefully he sees the light, and the light is ORANGE !

duke gunna jump into the Haarms sweepstake even with Tape. They will sell Tape playing the 4 and Haarms playing the 5.

Yea I actually like the idea of the UNC kid. Experience and BIG bodied. Can give us minutes and battle against some of the bigger acc guys we play. Doesnt have to be super productive and will only be around for a year maybe 2 with his redshirt ability. It addresses alot of our issues we have had over the years. Plenty of options out there right now to improve our roster for this season and plan for the next few years as well.
So, believe that there is an ACC rule?(not NCAA) about transferring within the conference. Something about an inter conference transfer has to sit out 2 years. I remember that the Big East had that rule and I thought that the ACC has a similar rule.

So, believe that there is an ACC rule?(not NCAA) about transferring within the conference. Something about an inter conference transfer has to sit out 2 years. I remember that the Big East had that rule and I thought that the ACC has a similar rule.
Idk what the rules are anymore! Your probably right though.

duke gunna jump into the Haarms sweepstake even with Tape. They will sell Tape playing the 4 and Haarms playing the 5.

I heard salary was the main factor here. The two sides couldn’t get close enough. Also, Carey wanted insurance for his kids and to be able to call Coach K, Mike. Both were non starters on the Duke end.

Yeah that could work, but definitely only slightly. Especially with what looks like a 6 inch vertical, just coming up a bit shy of the 40 inch mark displayed by KVH. A year with us, and he could make up the difference in no time.

Keith Van Horne ran the floor on the fast break like a gazelle compared to this guy. Don't get me wrong, he is very talented and would start for us right away. But he's not Keith Van Horne, at least in my opinion.

Keith Van Horne ran the floor on the fast break like a gazelle compared to this guy. Don't get me wrong, he is very talented and would start for us right away. But he's not Keith Van Horne, at least in my opinion.

He’s not even in the same stratosphere as Van Horn. Some may even say that KVH was light years ahead of where MH is, as one of the best to ever do it in college, putting up nearly 22/10 on 50/40/90 shooting. A consensus all American. We can only hope that we get half of that out of Haarms, if we somehow land him, as 11/5 would be a great addition. I was merely poking fun at some of the statements made about Haarm’s abilities by those seemingly pinning our hopes on the kid. The same 7’3 kid that wasn’t going to even get 20 MPG in his senior year at PU.

He’s not even in the same stratosphere as Van Horn. Some may even say that KVH was light years ahead of where MH is, as one of the best to ever do it in college, putting up nearly 22/10 on 50/40/90 shooting. A consensus all American. We can only hope that we get half of that out of Haarms, if we somehow land him, as 11/5 would be a great addition. I was merely poking fun at some of the statements made about Haarm’s abilities by those seemingly pinning our hopes on the kid. The same 7’3 kid that wasn’t going to even get 20 MPG in his senior year at PU.
Wait. You're using comparisons beyond they're both tall white guys. That's just not supposed to happen.

Horrible post

Pretty sure the KVH comparison was an inside joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom