Class of 2020 - C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Mounir Hima (NJ) Transfer from Duquesne/COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully disagree.

Anselem was a poor defender and a non factor on offense. When he came into games, teams would suddenly be able to drive to the basket and get easy shots. Not a good shot blocker either.

The only way he could score was to get the ball next the basket, where he could dunk it.

At times he was a very good rebounder. At other times, he was not.

Good kid. I wish him great success at Georgia.

Mounir has far more potential. Whether he realizes that potential remains to be seen. His ceiling is higher than Frankie's. And his skill set is a better fir for our system. IMHO.

Agree to respectfully disagree, then. Anselem was not a shot blocker -- I'll grant you that. And he was raw offensively, no argument there, but he was also new to the game. And he showed vast improvement last season over his first year. Don't you expect that trajectory to continue?

Also, he played against ACC caliber competition. Check out his rebounding stats once he was pushed into the starting lineup due to Jesse's injury. With the game on the line against B1G opponent, Indiana, he went to the line and nailed a pair of clutch free throws.

Hima struggled to get minutes on the last place team in the A10. Here's hoping that a change of scenery pays off, but I think when we talk about potential, we are comparing two players on two completely different levels. Frank got it done at the ACC level, despite being raw. It remains to be seen whether this replacement can.

Agree to respectfully disagree, then. Anselem was not a shot blocker -- I'll grant you that.

But he played against ACC caliber competition. Check out his rebounding stats once he was pushed into the starting lineup due to Jesse's injury. With the game on the line against B1G opponent, Indiana, he went to the line and nailed a pair of clutch free throws.

Hima struggled to get minutes on the last place team in the A10. Here's hoping that a change of scenery pays off, but I think when we talk about potential, we are comparing two players on two completely different levels. Frank got it done at the ACC level, despite being raw. It remains to be seen whether this replacement can.
I also felt like Frank started to figure out the shot blocking at the end there. Sure, 6’9ish, but a pogo stick

I get it, but go after a 4/5 who can do things offensively
From what I've read on this board, that was never an option because JB promised Benny he wouldn't recruit over him. That apparently not only kept Benny, but also helped land Judah. I believe the poster dasher said that. I'm new here, but it appears the general sentiment is that he gets accurate info.

So, getting a guy to start at the 4 and slide over to the 5 may have cost us Benny and Judah. If that's true, then we're better off with a project 5. Getting a stud 5 would have been impossible as they all were transferring because they want to start. But, if we could have gotten a 4/5 and everyone was still happy and stayed with the team, then yes I agree that would have been the best move, especially since we aren't confident we have enough scoring.

From what I've read on this board, that was never an option because JB promised Benny he wouldn't recruit over him. That apparently not only kept Benny, but also helped land Judah. I believe the poster dasher said that. I'm new here, but it appears the general sentiment is that he gets accurate info.

So, getting a guy to start at the 4 and slide over to the 5 may have cost us Benny and Judah. If that's true, then we're better off with a project 5. Getting a stud 5 would have been impossible as they all were transferring because they want to start. But, if we could have gotten a 4/5 and everyone was still happy and stayed with the team, then yes I agree that would have been the best move, especially since we aren't confident we have enough scoring.
Joe/judah/benny/transfer/jesse

I get it, but we can’t be doing this anymore. We are in complete disarray. Look at Boeheim’s brother, Larranaga… thriving for years now in the portal
Jim's twin brother now has a billionaire paying recruits lots of money to play there. If Weitsman wants to do that, then maybe we could land stud backups. Looks like NCAA is cracking down on it, but we'll see what happens next. Hopefully Weitsman is interested, but none of us can tell another man what to do with his money (I posted a few weeks ago about an article where Weitsman said he was interested in bringing the next Zion Williamson to Cuse).

The program has spiraled ever since the sanctions, and getting good backup transfers - like the bluebloods are able - is likely not viable until we right the ship. Getting good backups won't right the ship itself, and instead will be a result of us righting it. Paying 5 star high schoolers to come to Cuse might do it. Also a couple deep tournament runs should help.

The main thing the A 10 lacks is great centers…
Show your work. You are blowing up this thread with negativity that doesn't seem to have any substance.

If you want to say that the A-10 was lacking good centers last season, show some evidence. You are posting without quality.

Davison had a 6'10" guy who averaged 14-7 with 40% three point accuracy.

Rhode Island had two 6'10"guys who combined for 21-13 and 5 blocks.

George Washington had three different 6'10" guys. A lot of their games two of them were on the floor at the same time.

Even La Salle, who played small ball, had a 6'10" guy who averaged 30 minutes at 235lbs.

These are just the last five games Duquesne played (Rhode Island twice).

All of them had huge guys to bang against.

A-10 was the 9th best conference in the NCAA last year, not distantly behind the ACC. They were way closer to the ACC in ranking than we were to the 4th best conference (the Big East) in ranking. Stop talking like we are getting a lower ranked bum who hasn't played anybody good! The ACC will be a step up, but not like coming from high school.

Also, incidentally, Duquesne lost so many games because they just couldn't score. It's amazing how many of their games were in the 50s. In fact Duquesne didn't score 70 points even ONCE until the third to last game of the year! They then averaged 82 in their last three. Which, btw, came after Hima became a starter. He must set really good picks or something. :)

Stop being negative without bringing any content. It's boring.

Jim's twin brother now has a billionaire paying recruits lots of money to play there. If Weitsman wants to do that, then maybe we could land stud backups. Looks like NCAA is cracking down on it, but we'll see what happens next. Hopefully Weitsman is interested, but none of us can tell another man what to do with his money (I posted a few weeks ago about an article where Weitsman said he was interested in bringing the next Zion Williamson to Cuse).

The program has spiraled ever since the sanctions, and getting good backup transfers - like the bluebloods are able - is likely not viable until we right the ship. Getting good backups won't right the ship itself, and instead will be a result of us righting it. Paying 5 star high schoolers to come to Cuse might do it. Also a couple deep tournament runs should help.
Before NIL even

Show your work. You are blowing up this thread with negativity that doesn't seem to have any substance.

If you want to say that the A-10 was lacking good centers last season, show some evidence. You are posting without quality.

Davison had a 6'10" guy who averaged 14-7 with 40% three point accuracy.

Rhode Island had two 6'10"guys who combined for 21-13 and 5 blocks.

George Washington had three different 6'10" guys. A lot of their games two of them were on the floor at the same time.

Even La Salle, who played small ball, had a 6'10" guy who averaged 30 minutes at 235lbs.

These are just the last five games Duquesne played (Rhode Island twice).

All of them had huge guys to bang against.

A-10 was the 9th best conference in the NCAA last year, not distantly behind the ACC. They were way closer to the ACC in ranking than we were to the 4th best conference (the Big East) in ranking. Stop talking like we are getting a lower ranked bum who hasn't played anybody good! The ACC will be a step up, but not like coming from high school.

Also, incidentally, Duquesne lost so many games because they just couldn't score. It's amazing how many of their games were in the 50s. In fact Duquesne didn't score 70 points even ONCE until the third to last game of the year! They then averaged 82 in their last three. Which, btw, came after Hima became a starter. He must set really good picks or something. :)

Stop being negative without bringing any content. It's boring.
These are A10 big men!!! The dayton kid is good, Holmes. Davidson kid is a role player in a normal league. So three big guys on GW means they’re good centers? Who’s boring now?

This could’ve been posted verbatim about any number of project centers of the last fifteen years.

Good measurables!
Athletic!
Under the radar get!
Athletic 7 foot tall guys who are also good basketball players at 17 years old go to pay for play schools for a year before they are lottery picks, and there are only a couple graduating high school every year. Most teams have to groom big guys and project their development based on their characteristics.

We all hope it works out, but gimme a break with all this insincere optimism

These are A10 big men!!! The dayton kid is good, Holmes. Davidson kid is a role player in a normal league. So three big guys on GW means they’re good centers? Who’s boring now?
So you know you suck at posting and don't care?

I was trying to help you by making a good post for you to strive to emulate. I'm sorry you don't care about your posting quality, but I do.

Athletic 7 foot tall guys who are also good basketball players at 17 years old go to pay for play schools for a year before they are lottery picks, and there are only a couple graduating high school every year. Most teams have to groom big guys and project their development based on their characteristics.

All of these are things I understand but I’m not getting excited over another developmental big man is my point. Because we’ve had a lot of those.

So you know you suck at posting and don't care?

I was trying to help you by making a good post for you to strive to emulate. I'm sorry you don't care about your posting quality, but I do.
This is really mature. I can’t have an opinion?

It’s lazy by JB. Went to what he knows, St. Benedict’s.
I don't think it's lazy just because Hima went to the same high school as Ennis and Sidibe. People called JB lazy for only seeking transfers who he recruited out of high school. He disproved that theory by successfully recruiting a transfer who he never talked to before, and now people are shifting to call it lazy because he previously landed players from the same high school coach. Not landing a stud backup isn't due to laziness -- it's nearly impossible to recruit a stud backup unless you are a blueblood NBA factory.

The college coaches have connections to high school and AAU coaches and cash in on them regularly. Judah played for the same high school as Carmelo and others -- doesn't mean recruiting Judah was lazy, just means the staff is still able to maintain relationships (sometimes). Outside of a program selling itself, recruiting success is based on the staff's ability to maintain relationships. In fact, the ability to maintain relationships is key to almost any career. Hop was a great recruiter because he maintained relationships in key markets. There's not only nothing wrong with it, but it's also probably one of the best ways to regularly get talent.

All of these are things I understand but I’m not getting excited over another developmental big man is my point. Because we’ve had a lot of those.
Fair enough. I'm just glad we won't have a Dolezaj shaped forward being pushed under the basket by ACC centers again.

I never want to go through that again in my life and Hima, even if he isn't very good, at least isn't undersized.

Fair enough. I'm just glad we won't have a Dolezaj shaped forward being pushed under the basket by ACC centers again.

I never want to go through that again in my life and Hima, even if he isn't very good, at least isn't undersized.
I wish we had Marek this coming year to play forward. The guy just knows how to play. But, I totally agree with you about him at center. It was always trading his offense for his lack of ability to play center, it was unfair to him.

Amen to that. Loved Marek, but him getting Big- Boyed by UNC caliber teams every year was a bit much.

That was my concern. Playing someone like Dolezaj at center means we're fighting all season just to survive. We'll never get back to being a top-25 team if we don't have a center playing center. Next year is a good foundational year with young guys full of potential who can hopefully be the start of getting Cuse back to where we all want it.

just gets old and tiresome in a thread that's supposed to be focused on MOUNIR HIMA who is being brought in as a BACKUP CENTER to get the ad nauseam axes grinded about wanting a forward and wanting Boeheim gone

Status
Not open for further replies.