Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

I guess what gives me a little pause is, with so many connections to the Syracuse area basketball scene (Billy E., Dajuan Coleman & the CNY AAU basketball circuit) how is there so little information on this kid? I know he moved away but it appears from the videos he was still working out with these guys over the last year or so. Its also a bit odd that the staff did not know much about this kid, or where he was in his development given his local ties, until the last few days or so. Additionally, Im also a little surprised none of the connected board denizens had any insight into this young man's general status (even now, after all this has come out) and/or had any additional inside info/tidbits from their contacts on the hill regarding this kid. Im very interested to see and hear what comes out after everything is settled in the next few days. Fascinating stuff for sure.

What do you mean by "ability?"

I'm not sure that JBA has the lateral mobility to effectively play the wing, but Edwards does. JBA can certainly shoot, which is why I think some project him to the 4.

If JBA can be a stretch 4 on offense then play the middle on D you could use Edwards on the wing for a big lineup. That would make for a very interesting lineup for sure.

If JBA can be a stretch 4 on offense then play the middle on D you could use Edwards on the wing for a big lineup. That would make for a very interesting lineup for sure.

Let's be honest here we really don't know JBA's capability until he gets on the floor and plays in college. We watched Edwards come in and he was not ready. I guess I'm a little tired of making presumptions until we see these guys play a minute on the college level.

I guess what gives me a little pause is, with so many connections to the Syracuse area basketball scene (Billy E., Dajuan Coleman & the CNY AAU basketball circuit) how is there so little information on this kid? I know he moved away but it appears from the videos he was still working out with these guys over the last year or so. Its also a bit odd that the staff did not know much about this kid, or where he was in his development given his local ties, until the last few days or so. Additionally, Im also a little surprised none of the connected board denizens had any insight into this young man's general status (even now, after all this has come out) and/or had any additional inside info/tidbits from their contacts on the hill regarding this kid. Im very interested to see and hear what comes out after everything is settled in the next few days. Fascinating stuff for sure.
I get what your saying and you make a ton of good points but whose to say the staff wasnt keeping tabs on him and knowing they had him in their back pocket if needed? Definitely a VERY quiet recruitment considering all of the Syracuse ties. Like I mentioned earlier though, supposedly there have been supporters of the kid that have been getting on the staff about why they havent offered up until recently. How true all of this is idk?

Yeah I want my money back!

Thanks, cusesky8214.

Here's what it boils down to -- it is confusing how a kid with this size and athleticism [relatively speaking] is just garnering attention this late in the game, as a class of 2020 recruit. Because the tools seem obvious.

And because these offers are legit, it is very strange that he's unrated, has flown below the radar, etc.
I could be wrong, but Hak had very few offers (Us and Providence) right up to the end. Don't recall if he was fall or spring commit though.

Maybe he was always on the staffs radar but they remained in stealth mode and used those connections as "scouts" just so he doesn't end up on Duke and Kentucky's radar since they like to ride our coattails when evaluating

I could be wrong, but Hak had very few offers (Us and Providence) right up to the end. Don't recall if he was fall or spring commit though.
Arinze worked out pretty damn good for us too. I don't remember what his offer list was like but he wasnt regarded as a big time recruit. Heck, I remember being so mad at Forth SO many times watching him play for us at times but I would kill now for someone like him to anchor the zone. We have desperately needed size/strength the last few years. This would be a good pickup just because the kid isnt 180lbs soaking wet with Zero ability to add weight and muscle. If anything Quincy looks like he can still add muscle! I'll take it!

Nice comments from one of his coaches. Seems like a good kid.

Screenshot_20200409-165527_Instagram.jpg