Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Why must I do this in every freakin' thread?

Quincy Ballard, people.
Like trying to fight a riptide. Just let go and come out the other side safe, just in a different place.

Nope. But JB shouldn’t be either when we hear in January that Jesse has to play the whole game because we have no depth behind him.
Ballard would be depth like JBA is depth, yeah they both play basketball, but they’re not going to come in and help

Ballard would be depth like JBA is depth, yeah they both play basketball, but they’re not going to come in and help
For the record, Ballard is 7’0 240 pounds. He is a lot bigger and stronger than JBA.

Out of HS he had offers from SU, FSU, Maryland, NC State and Cincinnati

JBA claimed offers from Pitt, VCU GW and UConn.

I don’t think JBA even started for his HS team.

He is a not a good comparison, at least if you value the opinions of all of the coaching staffs that offered Quincy (and did not offer JBA).

I'll tell all the posters PM'ing me about the recruiting threads to contact you. ;)
Ok. I will just chill and ride it out.
If they don't have enough time to read it all, then they shouldn't be on at all. It's a diversion, not a national security briefing.

He won’t come here. He doesn’t want to be depth. Supposedly he visited and loved Wichita St.

For the record, Ballard is 7’0 240 pounds. He is a lot bigger and stronger than JBA.

He is a not a good comparison, at least if you value the opinions of all of the coaching staffs that offered Quincy (and did not offer JBA).

The starter for JBA's HS team was Franck Kepnang...who was a teammate of Guerrier at Oregon this season.

I know about his size, I also watched quite a bit of Florida state this year and saw that he didn’t contribute much of anything on the offensive end when given the chance. Also, I wasn’t comparing him directly to JBA I was comparing what their roles would be on the team if he came here: a guy who provides depth as another basketball player, but not one that seriously helps the team.

People forget that one of JAB's biggest need is always an anchor to the zone. Defense primary. Offense secondary. I'm not sure he would ever be a Fab Melo and a first-round draft pick, but could he be a Chukwu who helped the team get to the Sweet Sixteen.

People forget that one of JAB's biggest need is always an anchor to the zone. Defense primary. Offense secondary. I'm not sure he would ever be a Fab Melo and a first-round draft pick, but could he be a Chukwu who helped the team get to the Sweet Sixteen.

Not sure he could even be that. Chukwu showed signs in both HS and at PC. Don't see anything really with Ballard outside his size.

In the old days we needed an anchor at the 5 spot, but in the modern game we need our center to be mobile and to be able to contest outside shots.

In the old days we needed an anchor at the 5 spot, but in the modern game we need our center to be mobile and to be able to contest outside shots.

And in the right now of Cuse hoops - our C needs to be able to guard all 5 spots on the floor, solo, since his teammates can't collectively defend themselves out of a wet paper bag.

And in the right now of Cuse hoops - our C needs to be able to guard all 5 spots on the floor, solo, since his teammates can't collectively defend themselves out of a wet paper bag.

Potential was the big thing with Ballard last year. He played in CNY around 6-7 190 pounds, and then was reported to be bigger than 6-10 and 240 pounds.

So as a recruit who popped out of thin air, there was the untapped potential factor.

He's now a year in, so the "potential" curve has flattened. Maybe he's more "ready" having played at FSU for a year, or maybe it's one of those situations where he was a worthwhile gamble for them, but someone who just doesn't have much upside.

Hard to say. If JBA leaves, and this is the replacement -- I'm fine with that. But I don't expect much.

Potential was the big thing with Ballard last year. He played in CNY around 6-7 190 pounds, and then was reported to be bigger than 6-10 and 240 pounds.

So as a recruit who popped out of thin air, there was the untapped potential factor.

He's now a year in, so the "potential" curve has flattened. Maybe he's more "ready" having played at FSU for a year, or maybe it's one of those situations where he was a worthwhile gamble for them, but someone who just doesn't have much upside.

Hard to say. If JBA leaves, and this is the replacement -- I'm fine with that. But I don't expect much.
I would agree. If it's a JBA replacement, whatever.

If it's a Frank replacement, that's a big problem.