Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

I'll have you all know that Jon Bol was a 5 star before he blew out his knee
Where? I think he was a 4 star, top 50-100, but I don't remember him being 5 star.

Yeah JBA's best case scenario would be he could give Matt Gorman like contributions.

I'll have you all know that Jon Bol was a 5 star before he blew out his knee
Not sure when he "blew out his knee", but he didn't start on his Westtown team. I saw many of his games in HS, he was not a dominant type of athlete. He looked like more of a "project" and that's how its played out at SU. I seriously doubt he was ever a 5*.

247 had his peak as a .9735 (94). A 94 in their final rankings for 2019 would have him a 4 star between 76 and 86 in their rankings. And, the .9735 in the composite would have him 4 stars and 69th in his class. But, obviously he dropped quite a bit from his peak. Maybe that kid Jake said he was a 5 star, he has about 300 5 star kids in his rankings.

7’0” 240lbs isn’t common around these parts, so I’m along for the ride. Even if that just means spot minutes, five fouls and a solid practice big to work against. Only played 4mpg at FSU, behind some upperclassmen 7’ centers (only one of which is leaving, I believe), so I’ll take the flyer on potential and accept the floor.

We already basically knew, but a reporter for Wichita listed Syracuse as one of the other schools pursuing him right now.
But that article that's being cited only mentions the original Syracuse recruitment - not that it means the staff hasn't indeed reached out to him again now - just clarifying that the article being cited doesn't say that

I'm good with him and Peter along with jesse...especially now if we bring him some talent like Judah and get Cole to come back. I like Frank but it won't sting so much.

Hamilton recruited him to a very talented roster at FSU and all their guys are very athletic so i assume Quincy is as well. 7 footer, athletic, that's a lot to work with.

I can tell you that our coaches disagree. I'm not saying I disagree with you. Just the coaches.

Yeah I saw your note before. I hope we are both wrong. If there is something there and we get a big surprise then awesome. He just looks too raw and uncoordinated.

I can tell you that our coaches disagree. I'm not saying I disagree with you. Just the coaches.
He has 2 years left, I believe. Fills in and learns the system this year and starts next year? That's what should be available for the right center.

I just went through YouTube and watched FSU condensed games looking for Ballard. When he did make appearances, which was rare, he looked like a low-major player at best. He’s big but that’s about it.

There’s no way we can’t find someone better that’s willing to play 10 minutes per game behind Jesse with hopes of starting the next season. We shouldn’t settle.

I think you have to trust the staff if the are rerecruiting him after 2 years at FSU. They've seen him play and watched his tape, probably talked to LH and they still want him.

No. Watched him play this year. He is Chino Obokoh 2.0.
He is not nearly as poor a play as Chino was. I think we can do slightly better, but for a backup, he’s more than fine. Watch our game vs FSU at the dome.

Allen has done a good job with the bigs - I know the roster is JBs call but if AG pushed really hard for Ballard that makes me feel ok

He’ll never score. But he’s a large human so if he could figure out the 5, plus he gives us 5 fouls.