Class of 2021 - C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think JB would take a commitment from Riley right now. He will wait on Clingman’s decision and then it will probably be too late. CB says 100% to Iowa.

I don’t think JB would take a commitment from Riley right now. He will wait on Clingman’s decision and then it will probably be too late. CB says 100% to Iowa.

Not worried about the CB, that's based upon old info / preexisting relationship between his family and the Iowa staff.

The good news for us is that neither Clingan nor Mulvey are in a hurry to commit -- so the SU coaching staff can continue to recruit both extensively and prioritize them both, without having to establish a pecking order or put one in a position where we tell them they are the 2nd priority.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Not worried about the CB, that's based upon old info / preexisting relationship between his family and the Iowa staff.

The good news for us is that neither Clingan nor Mulvey are in a hurry to commit -- so the SU coaching staff can continue to recruit both extensively and prioritize them both, without having to establish a pecking order or put one in a position where we tell them they are the 2nd priority.

Who is the primary assistant coach on each?

I like that he is listed at 230 pounds on the 247 site. He is not a twig. Already stronger than any center we have on campus. By the time he enrolls in college, he is probably going to be around 245 or 250 pounds.

That ranking though (219 composite). I know, rankings are not everything. He seems to be developing and putting on weight so his ranking should improve.

I like that he is listed at 230 pounds on the 247 site. He is not a twig. Already stronger than any center we have on campus. By the time he enrolls in college, he is probably going to be around 245 or 250 pounds.

I like Mulvey a lot, but you do realize Clingan is 275 now?

Certainly hope we do get one. But I bet it plays out that we don't get either. Hope i'm wrong.

When's the last time we've seen an SU center hit from 3 or even make a shot with a back to the basket move? Mulvey may not be uber athletic but he has skills and size. That's a good trade off. A serious college weight program will tone him up and improve his athleticism. Look at the UVA center last night, we made him look like a total stud. I remember him as a freshman. The improvement he has made over the last year or two is impressive.

At this point idc who comes...big Don or Riley and I'm happy. I do love this kids game though!

Can we send this kid little Dinosaur BBQ to go baggies like UT football did with McDonald's bags?

At this point idc who comes...big Don or Riley and I'm happy. I do love this kids game though!
I am with you. We’d be lucky to get either. But, there’s something about this kid. I can picture him rebounding and blocking shots and producing offensively all while leaving people scratching their heads. A lot like all those big mongoloid looking guys Notre Dame always had. And, even better, Mulvey doesn’t look like some freak from The Hills Have Eyes.

I am with you. We’d be lucky to get either. But, there’s something about this kid. I can picture him rebounding and blocking shots and producing offensively all while leaving people scratching their heads. A lot like all those big mongoloid looking guys Notre Dame always had. And, even better, Mulvey doesn’t look like some freak from The Hills Have Eyes.
Who are our lead recruiters for these kids?

Yeah I don’t see us beating Iowa for him, especially with how close he is to McCaffery.
Sadly he seems to agree with you.

"Right now, I'd say the list for me I feel like Iowa is the top, then Syracuse, then Virginia Tech, then Yale," Mulvey said. "I feel like those are the main four that I'm thinking about."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom