Class of 2021 - C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim needs to be more involved and hands on

He should have realized a couple of cycles ago, that Gmac/Red/Griff are not on the level of Hop

That trio is struggling to carry his laissez fair approach, him being more involved might make up the difference
I don’t know about that. We were fine when Hop was paired with Troy Weaver, when he was paired with Rob Murphy and when it was him and Autry as the lead recruiters. Autry has brought in a lot of key guys including Jerami Grant, Ennis, Gbinije, Brissett, Quincy, Benny, etc.

They are top 10. They looked pretty hood last night even in a loss to Ohio State, and by the way the coach has two sons playing on the team.
How many minutes do they play

It's straight forward I think. Other teams HC calls and Cuse only calls with assistants. If you've read these articles for other recruits recently you'd see the same thing.

It's straight forward I think. Other teams HC calls and Cuse only calls with assistants. If you've read these articles for other recruits recently you'd see the same thing.
I would actually disagree with that sentiment to some degree. Justin Taylor has brought up the involvement of Boeheim in his recruitment and the amount they talk while also having a relationship with his mother as well. That has been very important so far with his recruitment at least. I also think he has been involved with Clingan more as well. I’d agree that our HC should be doing more but saying he’s not involved at all with any of our recruits is just untrue.

I don’t know about that. We were fine when Hop was paired with Troy Weaver, when he was paired with Rob Murphy and when it was him and Autry as the lead recruiters. Autry has brought in a lot of key guys including Jerami Grant, Ennis, Gbinije, Brissett, Quincy, Benny, etc.
Ok, but whats the record the last 7 years or since Hop left? SubPar
What they are doing, isnt working. Recruiting is down, player development is lacking for most guys that come.
Jim needs to either step up, step down, or overhaul the staff.

If this kid’s smart he’ll go to Iowa.

We could really use a big guy with his skills, but they’d be squandered setting screens 25’ from the basket so one of our guards can jack up a contested 3.

We could really use a big guy with his skills, but they’d be squandered setting screens 25’ from the basket so one of our guards can jack up a contested 3.
To be fair, they would be squandered setting half a screen, or a no contact screen, or a rolling without pinning screen, or a guard picking up his dribble before the screen screen, or a moving screen. It's not like we run one type of screen with the 5s

I’m extremely disappointed in what we saw today just like everyone else but it’s pretty weak when are fans are advocating that a recruit should go elsewhere. At that point are you really a fan anymore?

Go look up who sends more kids to the league between us and Iowa. Which team has gone to the final four more recently? Which place is a better academic and home court experience?

I can understand being realistic about this year but if you are giving up on the future that’s going too far.

Ok, but whats the record the last 7 years or since Hop left? SubPar
What they are doing, isnt working. Recruiting is down, player development is lacking for most guys that come.
Jim needs to either step up, step down, or overhaul the staff.
That’s on JB. Not Autry or really the other assistants either.

Last warning.

Riley Mulvey and only Riley Mulvey.

Unrelated posts will be terminated with extreme prejudice. :)

Seems like a level headed, likable young man. Hope he makes a good decision here and picks the team 2 hours away with the bigger fan base, the better coach and the better conference.

Iowa is the most boring place in the world. They don't have a Dinosaur BBQ, a mall like Syracuse or even salt potatoes.

Just corn.

Seems like a level headed, likable young man. Hope he makes a good decision here and picks the team 2 hours away with the bigger fan base, the better coach and the better conference.

Iowa is the most boring place in the world. They don't have a Dinosaur BBQ, a mall like Syracuse or even salt potatoes.

Just corn.
You may actually be surprised by the Hawks fan base. More so in football for sure.

This kid is in love with Iowa. I hope the staff is recognizing that and is not putting all their eggs in the Clingan basket and they have a plan C.

I, like Riley, don’t care about Iowa football.

For basketball last season, SU finished first in the country in attendance. Iowa finished 27th. Impressed they made the top 30.

I guess I personally don’t know Riley’s feelings about Iowa Football. But they have a stronger fan base than what your first post suggested. All I was trying to say.

I guess I personally don’t know Riley’s feelings about Iowa Football. But they have a stronger fan base than what your first post suggested. All I was trying to say.
To be clear, I am talking about basketball programs. This is a basketball board. Mulvey plays basketball. He is being recruited as a basketball player.

If you want to talk about Iowa football for some reason, I would do it on the football board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom