Caitlin Clark | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Caitlin Clark

Vegas made WVU 15 point dogs tonight! And we were 20 point dogs. Yikes

Ruh roh watch out Caitlin.

Been LOVING this game bc my favorite announcer on the planet Beth Mowins is calling it. She is the absolute best and my favorite call super chill aunt vibes and total hoops junkie. From Syracuse too.

Last edited:
wonder how iowa and uconn would have done tonight with a real regional like the men. home crowds helped both a ton
I was at Carver tonight for the Iowa game. Place gets so loud and fans are loud and energetic throughout the entire game.

The home court for first two rounds for top 4 seeds in each region plays a major role. Part of the reason you don’t see anywhere close to the number of upsets in the first two rounds compared to the men’s tourney.

I think Clark is starting to feel some pressure - she seems to be complaining about something on every trip.

Don't think they get to the Final Four.
Yeah I agree, doesn't seem like she's having much fun like she was last year during the tournament. You can tell she's under immense pressure. I thought WVU was playing very physical and I am not surprised at the number of fouls called on them. IMO, the refs let a lot of stuff go as well.

Yeah I agree, doesn't seem like she's having much fun like she was last year during the tournament. You can tell she's under immense pressure. I thought WVU was playing very physical and I am not surprised at the number of fouls called on them. IMO, the refs let a lot of stuff go as well.
I don't watch enough women's games to really say but in the games I watch the post play is basically kill or be killed.

Like someone else said, Iowa is not as talented as some of these other schools, so they just beat up on her. And, you know, if they end up facing LSU in the E8, Clark might not make it out of there alive.

Like someone else said, Iowa is not as talented as some of these other schools, so they just beat up on her. And, you know, if they end up facing LSU in the E8, Clark might not make it out of there alive.

Well I have tickets to that Elite 8 game

Really hoping for LSU/Iowa but it’s not looking great

Have you been watching them play??

Both have struggled at times
Yes I have watched both teams in the tourney. I agree both could lose and have struggled at times. However UCLA also struggled in their round two game (which is why LSU is likely favored) and while Colorado is a formidable opponent they struggled big time to finish the season.

One thing that I think hurt Iowa vs WV and will against Colorado is not having Molly Davis available. She's their second best ball handler and would have been a big help vs pressure defense.

One thing that I think hurt Iowa vs WV and will against Colorado is not having Molly Davis available. She's their second best ball handler and would have been a big help vs pressure defense.
True. But she is also their worst defender and other teams pick on her on that end of the court.

IMG_5914.jpeg

My niece, on the left, got Miss Clark‘s autograph today.

By the way, my niece is a cold blooded baller in her own right.

View attachment 239330

My niece, on the left, got Miss Clark‘s autograph today.

By the way, my niece is a cold blooded baller in her own right.
That's awesome. She must be pretty excited. I have similar seats for Monday. I probably won't be posting a photo of me in a signed Clark jersey.

That's awesome. She must be pretty excited. I have similar seats for Monday. I probably won't be posting a photo of me in a signed Clark jersey.
They’ve had the same seats all weekend. My sister played herself and now coaches. Took the whole squad to see the UConn girl’s earlier this year.

Tomorrow night should be great. Yesterday was the first tournament game that I thought Iowa really looked like Iowa at their best. I really thought they'd have trouble with Colorado's defense but they sure didn't.

Clark is so effective as a facilitator, getting the ball to the right people at the right time and her teammates certainly came through for the team. They ran the floor, played great team defense. She makes her teammates better and her teammates help her too.

Officiating in woman’s game is horrible, watching the SC- Oregon State game right now and they are just absolutely making sure SC doesn’t lose.Mens games aren’t officiated much better, but this is atrocious.

Officiating in woman’s game is horrible, watching the SC- Oregon State game right now and they are just absolutely making sure SC doesn’t lose.Mens games aren’t officiated much better, but this is atrocious.
There were some really questionable calls. They really targeted that Beers girl on Oregon St. Had to respect the depth on the bench that Oregon St showed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom