Cal QB, yuck | Syracusefan.com

Cal QB, yuck

690West

Moneyline Master
This is not hyperbole, Charley Loeb would start for Cal. Wow

that was a hanging curveball they gave you

Tell me about it, Cal's qb does suck but according to most here, we need NFL talent to move the ball at an average pace. No, you need a coach that understands college offenses doesn't try to emulate Sean Peyton on a weekly basis. Marrone needs to go out and talk to somebody like Chip Kelly this summer and do some reserach, yet he will go out and talk to someone like Dan Henning or Kevin Gilbride though and we wonder why still suck on offense.

I'm stunned that a guy who was a terrible quarterback in the MAC wouldn't have more success in the Pac 12.

fwiw they had 2 less yards than SU's offense did in the game we were so pleasantly surprised by. both lost by 21.

5 turnovers is bad obviously

fwiw they had 2 less yards than SU's offense did in the game we were so pleasantly surprised by. both lost by 21.

5 turnovers is bad obviously

Are benchmarks are so up as well as expectations... as I have said the excuses are built in here like NFL coach think..

How did Cal's o-line look?

average, QB had to scramble several times, roled our. Cal didn't run the ball all that well. The int's is what killed them

I don't think Barkley is as good as many do either..

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, it's not the scheme that holds us back, it's the tempo with which it is run. We're only getting off 60-65 plays per game on offense when we should be getting 80. I bet that if you took our current offense and went no-huddle for one possession each quarter, the numbers would go up dramatically.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, it's not the scheme that holds us back, it's the tempo with which it is run. We're only getting off 60-65 plays per game on offense when we should be getting 80. I bet that if you took our current offense and went no-huddle for one possession each quarter, the numbers would go up dramatically.

don't disagree with you there.. we won't see tempo versus WVU but tempo only gives an offense more leverage. Anything that makes a D more umcomfortable is probably a good idea. Marrone clearly said, that we would be up tempo, that isn't happening either.

average, QB had to scramble several times, roled our. Cal didn't run the ball all that well. The int's is what killed them

I don't think Barkley is as good as many do either..

Barkley isn't even the best QB we've seen this year. He's good but he only put up big numbers because we blew coverages. Can't wait to get another shot at USC on the East coast.

Good call on tempo and number of plays we run. Hadn't even thought of that angle but with more opportunities the mistakes on offense wouldn't be as magnified. Only thing is if we go 3 and out our defense would be gassed pretty quickly but you don't want to game plan around going 3 and out anyway.

Good call on tempo and number of plays we run. Hadn't even thought of that angle but with more opportunities the mistakes on offense wouldn't be as magnified. Only thing is if we go 3 and out our defense would be gassed pretty quickly but you don't want to game plan around going 3 and out anyway.

If we go 3 and out every time we go no-huddle, then it's probably not a good idea - I would hope that wouldn't be the case. One 1st down in a no-huddle is probably about the same amount of time off the field for the D as a normal 3 and out. But, if nothing else, it changes the pace of the game and could throw the opponent defense off, if only just a bit. I also think this could turn Macky's lack of size into a potential advantage or at least neutralize any disadvantage.

I just think the offense would be juiced up knowing that the next possession is going to be up-tempo and aggressive. Then again, I was never a 300 lb offensive lineman.

If we go 3 and out every time we go no-huddle, then it's probably not a good idea - I would hope that wouldn't be the case. One 1st down in a no-huddle is probably about the same amount of time off the field for the D as a normal 3 and out. But, if nothing else, it changes the pace of the game and could throw the opponent defense off, if only just a bit. I also think this could turn Macky's lack of size into a potential advantage or at least neutralize any disadvantage.

I just think the offense would be juiced up knowing that the next possession is going to be up-tempo and aggressive. Then again, I was never a 300 lb offensive lineman.

Would give our team an overall identity of being aggressive as well since the O would match the D. I think we're seeing the pro mentality of "defense wins championships but offense puts fans in the seats". It sucks to say it but what we're seeing is the coaches pretty much saying "offense, we don't want you to lose the game". If our defense was more consistant like last year it may work, but this year we don't know from series to series or even play to play which defense we'll see.

I've never been a 300 lb o-lineman but I've be an undersized DE that runs circles around them. But the other side is wearing down the bigs on the defensive side which may alleaviate some of the quickness issues that our O-line has shown. I can't imagine any other team being better conditioned than ours, so we need to use that.

Would give our team an overall identity of being aggressive as well since the O would match the D. I think we're seeing the pro mentality of "defense wins championships but offense puts fans in the seats". It sucks to say it but what we're seeing is the coaches pretty much saying "offense, we don't want you to lose the game". If our defense was more consistant like last year it may work, but this year we don't know from series to series or even play to play which defense we'll see.

I've never been a 300 lb o-lineman but I've be an undersized DE that runs circles around them. But the other side is wearing down the bigs on the defensive side which may alleaviate some of the quickness issues that our O-line has shown. I can't imagine any other team being better conditioned than ours, so we need to use that.

lack of depth at running back kills any chance to go very fast paced. bailey is head and shoulders better than everyone else right now and i doubt ameen moore is in any condition to go uptempo anyway. we don't have any kenneth davis on the bench

lack of depth at running back kills any chance to go very fast paced. bailey is head and shoulders better than everyone else right now and i doubt ameen moore is in any condition to go uptempo anyway. we don't have any kenneth davis on the bench

How bout a few series of 4 wr w/ an empty backfield. We've seen it so it's there. Just make sure the QB is behind the center when we snap it this time. Also could motion Graham into the backfield and run speed option or straight pitch if you wanted. He needs more touches anyway.

You only need two backs to go up-tempo 4-5 series a game.

^^^^

AAM looked fine last Sat. You could throw Rene in there for a play or two and you also have Smith. I think you can get 10-15 extra plays out of that group.

Rene would be find in a different system, but he clearly isn't an in between the tackles type guy hell Graham looks a lot like the running backs at Oregon. You could come up with another guy other than Bailey, in theory PTG would be healthy and use him

Are benchmarks are so ****** up as well as expectations... as I have said the excuses are built in here like NFL coach think..
This is the thing that frustrates me the most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom