Class of 2020 - Camden Hay (NY: Victor) Attack / Flipped to UAlbany | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Camden Hay (NY: Victor) Attack / Flipped to UAlbany

Well that’s not good. I had that kid pegged as a day 1 starter.

Much like Zawada who decomitted for Michigan in the fall, we lose our top rated player and attackmen for the second straight year. These are big blows. Can't have this keep happening. Going to have to scramble to see who if anyone we can get to replace him. Smh

Someone called this 6 months ago, they had it nailed. Sorry dont remember who but I feared this could happen. Screwed late again for the second year in a row.

Mid-November in the Recruiting thread. Might have something to do with his father's accident.

Mid-November in the Recruiting thread. Might have something to do with his father's accident.

Yup and its certainly understandable, I get why he might want to play with his brother. However, if your gonna do it don't string us along until mid freeking July. Now were going to have to flip someone late. We have now lost 4 or 5 guys from that class, all top 75 guys. From a top 3 class to probably outside the top 10.

Yup and its certainly understandable, I get why he might want to play with his brother. However, if your gonna do it don't string us along until mid freeking July. Now were going to have to flip someone late. We have now lost 4 or 5 guys from that class, all top 75 guys. From a top 3 class to probably outside the top 10.

Russell Maher #15
Carter Parlette #19
Graham Blake #35
Camden Hay #39
Marquez White #52

All offensive players.

Russell Maher #15
Carter Parlette #19
Graham Blake #35
Camden Hay #39
Marquez White #52

All offensive players.

5 top 50 guys lost. Has to be some sort of sick record. We need to respond fast. Should offer Dearths brother tomorrow and actively look to flip an attackmen. Still have some good talent coming in but can't sugar coat losing 5 top 50 guys, unfathomable.

I ran into the Victor coach at the Quarters in CT and was asking him about Hay, how he would fit into our program etc...and he was sort of talking around the issue... very "non committal"... wonder if he knew then...

This also really puts a lot of pressure on the staff to keep Carino in the fold. Cant afford to lose him to football. Late in the game to a top end attackmen, have to hope another Wood situation presents itself or we can flip someone.

I ran into the Victor coach at the Quarters in CT and was asking him about Hay, how he would fit into our program etc...and he was sort of talking around the issue... very "non committal"... wonder if he knew then...

Sounds like he did 100%.

Did I not say this was going to happen? Haha not shocked here... but good luck to him. Even though he was the one 2020 commit we could not afford to lose, Albany needs him more than we do.

For the record in the staffs defense, he was not the same player as he was when he committed, and his brother being at Albany was going to be tough to overcome. I also don’t see him fitting into the offense particularly well-he tends to want to sit on that left pipe 75% of the time. Good luck to the kid-based off what I know Albany would probably be the best fit for him, still would have loved to have him in the class though

Victor is churning out players closest to what WG was 20-30 years ago.

I don’t like what this says about the staff’s relationship with the preeminent upstate hot bed.

I don’t see anyone who came up through the Victor youth program on our roster (Trimboli transferred to Victor from Greece in high school).

I know club relationships are important but it’d be nice if SU could establish a foothold in Victor kids at an earlier age.

It's a big hit for Syracuse. However, I urge everyone to be sensitive to Camden and the family.

Most of us know the story of his father getting hit head on by a tractor trailer. Ryan Maloney the Cornell attackman recently paralyzed is cousins with Camden as well and is from the same small Victor town. The family is also dealing with another freak accident that may be worse than the other two.

Cost of Albany with the financial package offered as opposed to the 70k at Syracuse is certainly a factor. You add in his brother during this difficult time and it's a great fit.

What's concerning is our staff. Scott Marr or a staff member texted him or called regularly after games. This was a very different story from Syracuse. I won't get into specifics but they got the impression they didn't even know who he was. Some of the interactions were down right insulting. The individuals on this board come across as more knowledgeable of our recruits than the staff.

Scott Marr and Albany has done a wonderful job with Tanner. They have invested in him personally and the family could not be more impressed.

I hope everyone supports Camden and the decision, because the family was very concerned about the blow back for doing what was right for them.

It's a big hit for Syracuse. However, I urge everyone to be sensitive to Camden and the family.

Most of us know the story of his father getting hit head on by a tractor trailer. Ryan Maloney the Cornell attackman recently paralyzed is cousins with Camden as well and is from the same small Victor town. The family is also dealing with another freak accident that may be worse than the other two.

Cost of Albany with the financial package offered as opposed to the 70k at Syracuse is certainly a factor. You add in his brother during this difficult time and it's a great fit.

What's concerning is our staff. Scott Marr or a staff member texted him or called regularly after games. This was a very different story from Syracuse. I won't get into specifics but they got the impression they didn't even know who he was. Some of the interactions were down right insulting. The individuals on this board come across as more knowledgeable of our recruits than the staff.

Scott Marr and Albany has done a wonderful job with Tanner. They have invested in him personally and the family could not be more impressed.

I hope everyone supports Camden and the decision, because the family was very concerned about the blow back for doing what was right for them.

Let me be clear, I think 99% of the people on the board understand why he would want to play at Albany with his brother. I don't blame him one bit with all of the family issues going on and now adding this horrible spinal injury to a cousin on top of it.

My issues/concerns are two fold: 1. If this is what he felt was best for him then make the move 4 5 6 months ago so the staff/program can adjust, to wait until mid July thiree months before the early signing period basically screws us.

Second the bigger concern is these stories about the staff and its in-ability to keep in contact with recruits is becoming a MAJOR issue. I am not an anti-Desko guy by any stretch and have stuck with him pretty much throughout, but we have not acknowledge there is a major problem here. I know there are some Diehard Desko supporters on here (you know who you are) but this stuff is getting out of hand. This is at least the third or fourth recruit the last few years to say SU basically stopped communicating, why weren't we all over Hay especially with the Albany connection. The Scanlan recruiting showed what this staff was capable of but there is a major issue with our handling some of these guys who are committed and that is indisputable.

Let me be clear, I think 99% of the people on the board understand why he would want to play at Albany with his brother. I don't blame him one bit with all of the family issues going on and now adding this horrible spinal injury to a cousin on top of it.

My issues/concerns are two fold: 1. If this is what he felt was best for him then make the move 4 5 6 months ago so the staff/program can adjust, to wait until mid July thiree months before the early signing period basically screws us.

Second the bigger concern is these stories about the staff and its in-ability to keep in contact with recruits is becoming a MAJOR issue. I am not an anti-Desko guy by any stretch and have stuck with him pretty much throughout, but we have not acknowledge there is a major problem here. I know there are some Diehard Desko supporters on here (you know who you are) but this stuff is getting out of hand. This is at least the third or fourth recruit the last few years to say SU basically stopped communicating, why weren't we all over Hay especially with the Albany connection. The Scanlan recruiting showed what this staff was capable of but there is a major issue with our handling some of these guys who are committed and that is indisputable.
Thanks for your perspective. I continue to be amazed and dumbfounded when stories like this come out. I am just not sure what the coaches are doing during the offseason if not checking in on committed recruits and their current team. Especially in this case since there had been some family tragedy that should have garnered some sympathy and hands on interaction. If this is true, I am quite perturbed, despite the player Camden may or may not become. He's a kid who deserves the compassion of everyone during this difficult time, wherever he is going to play lax.

Understandable and good luck to Hay.

The staff not being in contact with these recruits does not make sense. I hope Wildhack is aware of this issue.

Is Marr pulling a d bag move by staying in contact with a recruit committed to Syracuse?

Understandable and good luck to Hay.

The staff not being in contact with these recruits does not make sense. I hope Wildhack is aware of this issue.

Is Marr pulling a d bag move by staying in contact with a recruit committed to Syracuse?

Under the new NCAA rules, coaches are prohibited from contacting recruits until Sept 1 of their Junior year. There's a contact period that runs from Sept to mid-November, and another contact period opens up in March.

I have no doubt that Marr has been texting Hay every week.

The question is: why haven't we?

Under the new NCAA rules, coaches are prohibited from contacting recruits until Sept 1 of their Junior year. There's a contact period that runs from Sept to mid-November, and another contact period opens up in March.

Ding ding we have a winner. :mad:

Is the contact limited to Head Coaches or any coaches ?

No. Marr has a pre existing connection with brother and family and there are special circumstances so situation and conversations are different .

Basic that staff should be checking in with recruits as well as current players in off season.

$$$$, brother, opportunity, Marr makes much sense though Syracuse is two hours closer.

Too bad $ restricts lax as Cuse might have brought in brother to help