Can someone please give me one reason... | Syracusefan.com

Can someone please give me one reason...

orangeinjersey

All Conference
why they think this will get better next year?

I have watched this team religiously. I am trying to see the silver lining here. Nassib has been out there for 3 years, and no other QB has gotten a snap. Thats gotta speak volumes about how "ready" Loeb, Kinder, Hunt, Miller, Broyld are/were going to be.

I REALLY want HCDM to succeed. I really really do. But I am looking to next year, and just not seeing how this is going to be better. Loeb is going to be our QB. That my friends is scary. So we keep HCDM and go what, 3 - 9, thats a wasted year, no? Didnt we all bitch about keeping GRob a year too long?

Why will this be better next year?

why they think this will get better next year?

I have watched this team religiously. I am trying to see the silver lining here. Nassib has been out there for 3 years, and no other QB has gotten a snap. Thats gotta speak volumes about how "ready" Loeb, Kinder, Hunt, Miller, Broyld are/were going to be.

I REALLY want HCDM to succeed. I really really do. But I am looking to next year, and just not seeing how this is going to be better. Loeb is going to be our QB. That my friends is scary. So we keep HCDM and go what, 3 - 9, thats a wasted year, no? Didnt we all bitch about keeping GRob a year too long?

Why will this be better next year?
Marrone is dumb and just because backups haven't gotten in doesn't mean they're not better.

Marrone's dopiness is actually a reason for hope. He has to play someone new.

The problems on this team remain the qb and the o line and their terrible inconsistency

Marrone is dumb and just because backups haven't gotten in doesn't mean they're not better.

Marrone's dopiness is actually a reason for hope. He has to play someone new.

He is CLEARLY on the hot seat now. He needs to win football games. If someone is better, they need to be playing. He can not be that stubborn to not play someone who is BETTER, who will help the team win, when his @$$ is clearly on the line and he knows he needs W's. All that good character, good person, discipline, better man spiel is good when you win football games, not when you lose. HCDM should go talk to Randy Shannon about that.

I think the fact we've seen Ryan and nothing but since he started is one of his problems. Some times you have to man up and make that throw even if it takes getting smacked. Is he too worried about getting hurt? Is that were the happy feet come from? Is he coached to make sure he doesn't get hurt at any cost?

Not that I want my starting QB to get nailed by a blitzing LB but I can't remember the last time I seen that happen.

because Marrone is too loyal

he won't pull Ryan or Lemon or Chibane or Rene

he is his own worst enemy

Except none of them should be pulled.

I'm of the opinion that we do have our best players out there.

I still maintain this teams problems, with the talent they do have, for better or worse, is coaching (OL), discipline (coaching), in game decisions (coaching), and lack of game breakers (recruiting).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We can't win BE games, I can't see us winning in the ACC next year. UConn, USF, and Temple are all worse than any ACC team. RU, Cincy, Losuiville are not nearly as good as the top ACC teams. Add to that PSU in the Meadowlands and @NW. Hard to see improvement.

Our O really makes it hard to watch CFB. It is depressing seeing every team but ours score points. 32 points should be a games worth not three friggin games.

Except none of them should be pulled.

I'm of the opinion that we do have our best players out there.

I still maintain this teams problems, with the talent they do have, for better or worse, is coaching (OL), discipline (coaching), in game decisions (coaching), and lack of game breakers (recruiting).

Before I say anything, I just want to say I've always been 100% a Marrone guy and 100% a Nassib guy. The turnovers and mistakes are absolutely killing this team (Thanks Capt. Obvious). Perhaps what needs to change is how the coaches respond to in-game mistakes. Players need to be held accountable for the mistakes they make in game, and it doesn't seem like that's the case right now. I don't know the stats and maybe I'm exaggerating, but Nassib seems to be at the root of a lot of the turnovers. How many times has he fumbled the ball when being sacked? (Really...I'm not sure) It just seems like he's turning the ball over a lot. I found myself thinking today after a couple of the Nassib mistakes...maybe it's time to take a seat. That's not because I think Loeb, or Ashton, or Hunt are going to play any better. But maybe it's the only way to get him to protect the ball. Rene hasn't show anyone anything this year and after the fumble today, take a seat. Costly penalty...take a seat. Mistakes are completely tanking this season. What the coaches are doing in practice clearly isn't working so maybe putting PT at risk is the only thing that will get through to them, no matter who it is. Again, I'm speaking on gut alone; I didn't look at the stats so I could be completely off-basis, but I just see the same mistakes being made over and over again, and the same guys going in right after those mistakes are made. Doesn't seem like there's any in-game accountability for the players.

On the other hand, when I was thinking about how it really was only a 2 possession game and Marrone was probably just going for the win. So what do I know? Win or lose, I just want this team to stop kicking themselves in the groin (which is really hard to do by the way).

We can't win BE games, I can't see us winning in the ACC next year. UConn, USF, and Temple are all worse than any ACC team. RU, Cincy, Losuiville are not nearly as good as the top ACC teams. Add to that PSU in the Meadowlands and @NW. Hard to see improvement.

Our O really makes it hard to watch CFB. It is depressing seeing every team but ours score points. 32 points should be a games worth not three friggin games.
If im not mistaken the BE has beaten the ACC in more games head to head this year not really any difference because we cant win here or there with a - 12 or whatever it is turnover margin in just 6 games

Maybe its time to admit the players on offense aren't good enough to win at this level. This coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired, continually wasting players freshmen yrs when they should redshirt. AAM last yr Ashton and Morgan this yr, if players aren't going to play a lot in football they shouldn't play at all. Wheatley's statement earlier in the week on Ashton proved the point, when he said Smith and Gulley have been here 3 yrs, and just getting accustomed to the offense. Ashton would be smart to transfer out of here, he doesn't fit Doug's system. Morgan had his year wasted, but might have a future, but should also should look at transfering out of this mess. When you continually lose you aren't better then your opponent, we are a bad football team.

Alabama wins
My family's first television was purchased by my father in late 1952 in order to watch the Orange Bowl with Syracuse vs Alabama. We got clobbered. As a result I became a Syracuse University fan. I was 8 years old. What did I know? I lived in Syracuse so that was it and it will continue to be until my expiration date comes but they don't make it fun I was 14 when they had that one season in a lifetime apparently. Sure 1987 was great and fun untill the Sugar Bowl. My wife and I went there and loved New Orleans. Mc blew that game. Second half 4th down short yardage with the best QB and fullback in the country he decided FG. He had the opportunity to put Auburn down and out but weaseled the fg instead. Pat Dye got plastered in all the media by Mac .After he went for the fg I told my wife this game is going to be a tie. You could see it coming and it did.What I didn't see coming was the pathetic depths to which this program keeps sinking to.This game was a complete embarrassment for the team and coaches.:bat:

Return guys are really hard to evaluate IMO.

whats hard to evaluate: he's not fast, he's not elusive, he's not powerful and he makes bad decisions and he fumbles. I just evaluated him for you.

whats hard to evaluate: he's not fast, he's not elusive, he's not powerful and he makes bad decisions and he fumbles. I just evaluated him for you.

I evaluated him whe he tried to catch a kickoff going out of bounds, yet again, against Pitt. Luckily he stepped out of bounds. I know this was not on purpose. After watching this play and putting the trajectory of the ball, the time of the game, the yard marker he tried to catch it on (which was the 4) my complex evaluation too that I refer to as my eyes told me he is not very good.

I have no idea if someone else can consistently catch the ball. Its not an easy skill.

because Marrone is too loyal

he won't pull Ryan or Lemon or Chibane or Rene

he is his own worst enemy

None of those guys should be pulled...except Rene. I truly have no idea why Dougie keeps trotting him out there. No idea at all.

He is CLEARLY on the hot seat now. He needs to win football games. If someone is better, they need to be playing. He can not be that stubborn to not play someone who is BETTER, who will help the team win, when his @$$ is clearly on the line and he knows he needs W's. All that good character, good person, discipline, better man spiel is good when you win football games, not when you lose. HCDM should go talk to Randy Shannon about that.

You are so wrong. We have turned the corner. Believe the hype.

Apparently you don't read this board enough.

44cuse

UConn beat Maryland and lost to NC State by 3. At least get your facts straight. Neither team can afford to lose Friday night.

Return guys are really hard to evaluate IMO.

It might help a bit if thee was a player back there with him to block the first man in coverage to give the retun man"Rene at least a couple steps to evaluate the bodies flying at him to take a juke or two and begin an attempt to run before getting hit.

If/when we get to seven losses, we can start experimenting. A bowl is still the goal, and just because some of the fans have given up on the season doesn't mean the coaches have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom