Can someone summarize OTL for us right now? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can someone summarize OTL for us right now?

...also unusual that SU conducted its own investigation rather than contact authorities to do so.

But SU did contact the authorities. The Syracuse Police then told Syracuse University in 2005 that they investigated two years prior and did not have enough to press charges. That's when SU did their own investigation.

Right?

They are trying to paint a picture of cover up. That's the only thing they could possible have at this point.

Danielle Roche is the woman, she just said there were many secrets at the Fine home where she babysat Fine's kids. Many closed doors, closed blinds, etc. She was a girlfriend of Davis in HS, and is still close with Davis. Said there were many times where Bernie wanted Davis to come to his office or downstairs by himself. So weird. Said she is a successful local business owner.

Local Fortune Teller. "I see a fortune in our future if we can pull this off."

With the SPD putting out a call for anyone who was abused by BF to step forward, if no one steps forward, that is a huge victory. One more person coming forward can be a crushing blow.

So basically ESPN is running a he said she said case unless someone new comes to the front and claims the same thing. Otherwise it will be the two crack-heads words against everyone who has been through Syracuse, the Syracuse PD (2003), ESPN (2003), Independent Law Firm (2003) and the Post-Standard (2003) ??

Classy move ESPN very CLASSY

But SU did contact the authorities. The Syracuse Police told them they investigated and did not press charges. That's when SU did their own investigation.

Right?

Not exactly. The statement from SU says that an adult came to them with allegations of abuse, and HE told them that SPD opted not to investigate due to the SOL. There's nothing to suggest that SU and law enforcement collaborated on this matter before yesterday.

ESPN trying to spin it in their favor. They have to at this point.

Yeah, at this point the only way they start backing off is if outside media start hammering them. They're already all in.

BTW, interesting idea that claims like this are hardly ever false. I think witch trial analogies are appropriate here.

She said she would see closed shades and felt there were a lot of secrets. Nothing really important. Tons of conjecture, coming from his ex and good friend.

HOLY !!11!1!! CLOSED F***ING SHADES!!?!!?1!??? STRING HIM UP BY HIS BALLS RIGHT NOW!!1!111!1

I feel like its a little strange that the Davis kid never said anything to his girlfriend at the time and the woman that did the interview. Teenagers in love or at least dating tend to have pretty lose lips and usually talk a lot about things to each other. I am just surprised that this didn't happen.

ESPN legal guy, Richard Cossack, states that Bernie isn't at risk to any criminal or civil charges/rulings because of SOL.

Cossack also insinuates a cover up because SU didn't go to DA or Police.

But SU did go to the police. :bang:

SU has no obligation to go to the DA if they're doing their own private investigation. I could hire someone right now to find out what soap IB uses. I don't have to tell the DA about it.

SU has no obligation to go to the DA if they're doing their own private investigation. I could hire someone right now to find out what soap IB uses. I don't have to tell the DA about it.

And why would you go to the police if you found NOTHING? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Over the course of about 15 years, I've gone from, in the beginning, really liking/appreciating ESPN as "must-see TV" everyday, to, in more recent years, my often deliberately not watching or switching ESPN off because of how self-promotional, self-important, and grandstanding the network has become. If they prove thenselves to have run prematurely and irresponsibly on this story, my home TVs won't be tuned to ESPN again.

Boeheim is on ESPNCNY right now, can someone outline that for us again...please o:)

So, SU was supposed to go to the cops and say "Hey. You declined to investigate this. We just did an investigation and found no evidence of wrongdoing. Now you should investigate."

Seems illogical.

Interesting how OTL isn't airing those interviews from last night. Nope they've coached them better and made sure they both ended with some tears ... this is really getting me to hate ESPN and the fact they are spinning this.

ESPN_Radio_normal.png

ESPNCNY ESPN Radio CNY

Boeheim has strongly defended Fine against these allegations, but it's clearly emotional for him: "feels like a punch in the stomach"

Schwartz giving interview right outside the Melo Center. Someone hit him with a snow ball.
I would love to drive to campus to Terry Tate that jackhole. Remember the office linebacker? lol

I was at a new years party with Danielle back in the early 90's and a bit of flirting was going on between the two of us.

A few days later her ex boy friend Bobby called me up threating to kick my ass if I ever talked to her again. She mentioned to me that night the Fine was her ex's uncle. How crazy is that!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I was at a new years party with Danielle back in the early 90's and a bit of flirting was going on between the two of us.

A few days later her ex boy friend Bobby called me up threating to kick my ass if I ever talked to her again. She mentioned to me that night the Fine was her ex's uncle. How crazy is that!

BTW when he called me was taking to me like he read some sort of gangster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom