can someone tell me | Syracusefan.com

can someone tell me

TODDNTEXAS

Walk On
Why people get such a thrill over seeing the Yankees lose? Especially if they suck as bad as so many of you &%$@!'s
believe.

I'm a Met fan and I don't think they suck! I do like seeing the Yankees lose and I really started routing against them in the late 90's early 00's. They ruined baseball by jacking up the prices on players and its unfair when 1 team can buy an all star team. I think when Giambe signed with their put me over the edge! So happy he never won anything in NY!

Why people get such a thrill over seeing the Yankees lose? Especially if they suck as bad as so many of you &%$@!'s
believe.
Same reason I enjoy watching Notre Dame lose. I grew up surrounded by arrogant, obnoxious fans of the Yankees and ND who felt that a world championship or national title was their birthright. Fun to watch those fans whine when they lose.
Never said they suck so I guess I don't qualify as a &%$@!

Why do so many care if they win?
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Because of posts like this

Hey, I became a fan in '78 at the age of 6. I didn't grow up in the golden age of.Yankee baseball. Struggling through the 80's and early 90's wasn't much fun but it was still the Yankees. All the tradition and success, long before the age of free agency, I had learned of from my dad who had watched whitey Ford play in Bradford, PA in the eastern league. It just lefft an indelible impression on me at such a young age. If you want to blame someone blame curt flood. What if free agency had never happened? Maybe the most lucrative franchise in sports might still attain the same talent because of what they could pay vs a city like Tampa that could care less about baseball. I guess it boils down to deep seeded envy of that success over the entire history of the team. I dislike notre dame as much as anybody but not because of their success.

Because of posts like this
Pretty much. I'm a huge Yankee fan, but just like with any dominant team I can understand the reaction of non fans to losing when they shouldn't, especially when you swear at people when asking the question.

It does make me feel a little bit better (not very much, but a little) that the best nl team just did the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom