Can we all agree making the tournament at large is the bare minimum expectation this season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Can we all agree making the tournament at large is the bare minimum expectation this season

Doesn't help that Louisville is projected top-4 ACC finish with a new HC after their last two seasons. Things can turn around that quick in the portal era. Red needs to get it done.
They're great on paper but we'll see what happens. I'm assuming they will gel together but you really don't know.

I have no expectations until we actually see the team play. I dont know how people can be so certain without seeing anything.

I respectfully disagree... partially.

Yes, without seeing them live, real meaningful game time, it's hard to say what to expect. If game 1 opens up and JJ is getting into the lane and scoring at will, Lampkin is rim running and punishing smaller guys on O, Bell is hitting everything inside of 30 feet, etc... of course, up those expectations. I'm with you there. Or, if the opposite happens, tamper them down.

Here are the two things I'd say:

1) I would assume that if we had Duke's roster (or insert any top 10 team's roster), our expectations would be high. Final Four/Elite Eight, etc etc. I don't think you would be waiting to see them play before making that call.

2) My second one is more of being a Syracuse fan at this point ---- at what point is it ok to have expectations of literally just making the tournament? That's it. I get we don't have an all world roster. I get we may only have one NBA guy on this team for this year. I'm not asking for the S16. But at what point is expecting to make the tournament ok before seeing the team play in live games? Truly - because I don't think it's outrageous to expect that this year.

I expect an efficient 15 and 10 every night from Lampkin with the NIL package he's getting. Anything less than that is not enough.

There is no way in god’s green earth he averages ten boards per game.

I think everyone has to take a breath on what to expect from Lampkin.

I have no expectations until we actually see the team play. I dont know how people can be so certain without seeing anything.

Agreed on this. Some of the negative assumptions as well as the optimistic ones are pure guesses and often don’t make sense to me. On paper we have size, more experience and some proven production at various levels of competition across the board.

Unknown what transfers over for the portal guys or improvements from returning guys. It does seem drama should be much less of an issue. That’s one thing that is a solid assumption.

More experience has been a winning formula in the portal era more so than not. So take this limited assumptions plus a lot of wait and see and we really just don’t know.

There is no way in god’s green earth he averages ten boards per game.

I think everyone has to take a breath on what to expect from Lampkin.

14 and 7 is what I expect. It’s the rebounding of his front court mates that share the floor with him that will tell me more. If he’s doing his job boxing out and playing physical in the paint, then guys like Donnie should be feasting on the boards.

I think everyone also needs to step back from expecting the new guys to disappoint too. Red got a lot out of several knuckleheads this past season so I wouldn’t count him out getting as much as he can out of a group that’s more interesting in playing for him and their teammates vs just for themselves.

I expect an efficient 15 and 10 every night from Lampkin with the NIL package he's getting. Anything less than that is not enough.

If he averages 10/5 and 3 apg and we win 23/24 games that works too. Much more about overall results vs stats the way I see it. 15-10 with too much usage and meh. Everybody put it all out on the court and play together and let the numbers figure themselves out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom