Can we talk about Pittsburgh? | Syracusefan.com

Can we talk about Pittsburgh?

Nick44

All Conference
Thoughts on Pitt? Who has seen them play this year? How do we matchup?

Tom Savage is in trouble.

6-5
Yeah I know, we crushed him with Rutgers, and I hope we do it again. But he threw for 300 yards yesterday and has two excellent receivers. When was the last time we stopped a decent WR, let alone two of them, without injuring them (campanaro)?

They can't protect Savage or run the ball at all. They have 2 very good NFL type WR's and they run a lot of quick stuff to them. Should be interesting.

On D, they have an NFL DT who is great - but we've seen him before and that should help.

I like our chances - wish we had all of our CB's fit this one. I think Bromley eats their O line alive.

They can't protect Savage or run the ball at all. They have 2 very good NFL type WR's and they run a lot of quick stuff to them. Should be interesting.

On D, they have an NFL DT who is great - but we've seen him before and that should help.

I like our chances - wish we had all of our CB's fit this one. I think Bromley eats their O line alive.
I don't think we can play press coverage at all next week versus those two wideouts. That said, it will be interesting to see if the defense can have success against an offense with two quality wideouts. We haven't beaten a team this year with one good wideout, let alone two. (Campanaro doesn't count.)

Pittsburgh has given up the most sacks in the NCAA.

We have Bromley, Lynch, Davis, Robinson and Spruill.

I will fear no panther.

I don't think we can play press coverage at all next week versus those two wideouts. That said, it will be interesting to see if the defense can have success against an offense with two quality wideouts. We haven't beaten a team this year with one good wideout, let alone two. (Campanaro doesn't count.)

It will be interesting - because they can't block at all. Probably like last season where we gave up a lot of yards but still got to the QB pretty easily.

Will we only have 3 CBs for Saturday? Reddish, Anderson and Morgan? Hope Kelly can switch over.

We'll need Eskeridge in this game. He's our difference maker in the backfield against solid passing games. Now that whigham is out (bless him).

War of attrition. We'll qualify for a bowl against our old BE foes. They'll move the ball through the air for a while, but eventually their QB will absorb enough hits to get shaken and they won't be able to run at all. We'll have our typical mediocre offense, but it will be enough.

This reminds me of 2011 when SU was 5-2 and just needed that one win. Why, because the team is beat up physically like they were then and these boys are going to have to gut this out and push through the injuries. Healthy players are going to have to step up big in the next two weeks.

will we score.. i think we hit Savage all day but still they will make enough plays to get 20 pts..

Pitt has defensive problems with good receivers. If our wr corp doesn't step up this will be a low scoring battle as long as our D plays like it did vs Wake/Maryland. Pitt will stuff Smith and force the SU offense to do something else.

Will we only have 3 CBs for Saturday? Reddish, Anderson and Morgan? Hope Kelly can switch over.

There are only two corners.

They beat us courtesy of two very short-field drives and a lot of drops by our wide-open receivers. :bang:

Thoughts on Pitt? Who has seen them play this year? How do we matchup?

I predict a pick for a TD for the Cuse...which would make Savage the leading QB in TD passes for Cuse in ACC play.

We will win this damn game.

This reminds me of 2011 when SU was 5-2 and just needed that one win. Why, because the team is beat up physically like they were then and these boys are going to have to gut this out and push through the injuries. Healthy players are going to have to step up big in the next two weeks.

Hopefully our depth will be the difference this year.

Still shocked we are an underdog. We (I thought) were evenly matched. I know we are banged up but so is everyone else this time of year.

Is Jaston George hurt?
First thing I thought of earlier, where's Jaston? But apparently he's appeared in 5 games this year. Including last week.

Quinta Funderburke and Jeremiah Kobena aren't busy; let's move them to defense.

Is Jaston George hurt?

jetsons.jpg
No, but George Jetson might be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors