Canada Games Online Viewing | Syracusefan.com

Canada Games Online Viewing

So it will be streamed on OAA, if you pay the fee? OAA works on my computer at work, but not very well.

So it will be streamed on OAA, if you pay the fee? OAA works on my computer at work, but not very well.

No.

The games will not be part of SU's All-Access network, said Giansante, who termed the Canada contests "separate bonus games." It will cost $14.99 per game or $44.44 to watch all four contests on your computer. Giansante said the cost covers SU's bandwidth and personnel fees to stream the games.

No.

The games will not be part of SU's All-Access network, said Giansante, who termed the Canada contests "separate bonus games." It will cost $14.99 per game or $44.44 to watch all four contests on your computer. Giansante said the cost covers SU's bandwidth and personnel fees to stream the games.

Roger that.

i wish they would post some sort of link now, so I could make sure it wasent blocked at work. I dont want to drop the money, and be screwed on Wednesday

Since when is Joe Giasante SU's "chief communications officer?" I thought that was Kevin Quinn. I thought Joe's was with the Athletic Department.

Since when is Joe Giasante SU's "chief communications officer?" I thought that was Kevin Quinn. I thought Joe's was with the Athletic Department.

Poor use of words by Donna. Joe is COO of AD. Kevin is COO of SU.

No.

Ok, let me see, if it were a separate "BONUS" game it seems the implication of BONUS would be that they are free in addition to the subscribed content provided. Bonus/ definition : A payment or gift added to what is usual or expected, in particular. Or: Something given or paid in addition to what is usual or expected.

So what's with the "bonus" adjective? The proper use of the term would be more like this, " The "all access network" had considered providing the Canadian games free of charge to existing subscribers as a token of appreciation to those who have endured such poor coverage of the basketball games in previous seasons. But in the end it was ruled out since there was money on the table to be had so they decided to bone-us and charge $44.44 for the game coverage. The same poorly produced product will be available to all who cough up the $44 bucks.

one issue this takes care of.. it probably cuts down the actual number of people using the stream. so the stream will probably be a better quality. and being at that price less people will buy it so they will have less headaches. I dont see them making any money off the deal since they were losing money on the all access package in the first place.

This Joe guy sure has a lot of titles for a new hire. Chief Communications Officer and Executive Senior Associate AD...does he get a new title for each month of employment?

Anyone know if Park is travelling to call these games, or is Jack Armstrong getting the nod since they are in Canada?

This Joe guy sure has a lot of titles for a new hire. Chief Communications Officer and Executive Senior Associate AD...does he get a new title for each month of employment?

Anyone know if Park is travelling to call these games, or is Jack Armstrong getting the nod since they are in Canada?

Some guy named Rautins. Rumor is that he has a son who played for SU once.

Kid even made a few shots while he was here. :D

That is pricey, but who am I kidding? Of course I'm paying it.

I think since I have to pay this I will be done with my annuel membership of OAA and only do month to month through the first couple months of Bball season, which is all I use it for anyways. I have tried to continue to support it but if I can't get these games without paying extra when they have them its kind of a kick in the nutz.

If I can't watch the live stream, will the games be archived for later viewing if I suck it up and pay the $44.44? I'd be much more likely to pony up the dough if the games will be available afterward.

Thanks as always from a faraway fan who is always starving for more hoops.

If I can't watch the live stream, will the games be archived for later viewing if I suck it up and pay the $44.44? I'd be much more likely to pony up the dough if the games will be available afterward.

Thanks as always from a faraway fan who is always starving for more hoops.

Thats a good question. i won't be able to watch Saturday regardless. So if its not archived I will just get them per game Wed, Thur and Fri. The other thing I wonder which would make me pretty upset is if I pay and then they are Archived later and are free to view on the regular OAA membership which I have. That is the type of thing I could see happenning . . . . . . it is OAA and we all know how it can be.

OK, i'll bite for 44.44. But where is this link on the SUA site to order? I can't find it and have emailed them but no response from the always customer-friendly SUA dept.

OK, i'll bite for 44.44. But where is this link on the SUA site to order? I can't find it and have emailed them but no response from the always customer-friendly SUA dept.
youre nuts!

Surely This will be the scene in everyone's house.

Wife: What is this charge for $44.44
Me: It is to watch Syracuse play some meaningless summer basketball scrimmages against Canadian Colleges
Wife: Oh cool that sounds like a great deal, better than spending money on SU than on new shoes for me.

Me: It is to watch Syracuse play some meaningless summer basketball scrimmages against Canadian Colleges
Wife: Oh cool that sounds like a great deal, better than spending money on SU than on new shoes for me.
This is 100% why I will not be watching these games.

LOL good stuff. I can just see the look on my wife's face as she reminds me of all the stuff that I grumbled about spending money on this year once she finds out I'm dropping either 15 bucks a game on this or 45 for all 4. :eek: