Can't see us getting in if we lose Wednesday | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Can't see us getting in if we lose Wednesday

How do the 12-14 teams behind us right now smell better?

He hasn’t watched a non-Syracuse game that he doesn’t have a betting interest on since 1993.

We are in, and it's not even close. Although the committee does like to screw us sometimes (see 2007) and the Vermont matchup in Wuhsta

If we dont win on Wednesday and if Clemson makes a run in the ACC tournament we might be out because i believe that we are actually a 10 seed today. Meaning there are less than teams behind us than we think. Wednesday is very important.

If we dont win on Wednesday and if Clemson makes a run in the ACC tournament we might be out because i believe that we are actually a 10 seed today. Meaning there are less than teams behind us than we think. Wednesday is very important.

That doesn't really make sense. Our fate hinges on Clemson? But there are other teams behind us? So wouldn't they all need to also go on runs?

That doesn't really make sense. Our fate hinges on Clemson? But there are other teams behind us? So wouldn't they all need to also go on runs?
Of course but regardless of what we think the committee is only going to take so many ACC teams. If in fact we are a 10 seed today which i think we are and Clemson makes a run winning 2 or more games while we crap out Wednesday i can see Clemson replacing us. Being a 10 seed today and getting crushed by Clemson is what could set us up for being left out.

Of course but regardless of what we think the committee is only going to take so many ACC teams. If in fact we are a 10 seed today which i think we are and Clemson makes a run winning 2 or more games while we crap out Wednesday i can see Clemson replacing us. Being a 10 seed today and getting crushed by Clemson is what could set us up for being left out.

It's been said over and over they do not keep a "count" of how many teams they've taken from each conference.

It's been said over and over they do not keep a "count" of how many teams they've taken from each conference.
They will never admit to that but they do.

It what you say is true, it's a recrimination of the current Tournament's field size. To my eyes, from length to breadth, this is absolutely a bubble team. This team getting in the Tourney "easily" is an argument for reducing the number of teams in the field, or just let everyone in...

I agree with what you are saying, but it's 100% a completely different topic than whether or not we will get in

People don't appreciate how good our league is and that 10-8 in it is a good season. Apart from uconn all our losses are to decent squads even GT and ODU. This is a good basketball game right now I got it on while I work and BC-Pitt after it will be a decent game as well.

I want a second round 1/2 seed scalp we don't deserve to avoid anyone good first weekend win tomorrow, win the first round, and give me Gonzaga or Kentucky please.

Pretty worried about next year the grass is greener types hate our players and love our recruits no matter what but the back court scares me we might do well to go 8-10 and need to be very selective in our OOC scheduling to make sure we don't drop more than 1 game.

Tournament is perfect size. Can’t believe what I’m hearing. Reduce the number of teams bc people feel some of the teams getting in now aren’t deserving? Take a deep breath.
Even worse, some people feel OUR team getting in is undeserving. Try to unravel that multilayered pretzel of self loathing.
Despite all evidence to the contrary some will always express that we don’t measure up, not always good enough, that we’re somehow “unworthy”. Some of our fans are like the “Stuart Smalley of college sports”. Sad

Last edited:
Tournament is perfect size. Can’t believe what I’m hearing. Reduce the number of teams bc people feel some of the teams getting in now aren’t deserving? Take a deep breath.
I'd like it back at 64, but we don't need to go smaller than that.

If you can’t count 12 slots than I can’t help you

I really don't see what all the buzz about Battle is - I mean, OUR OWN FANS have assured us that we are a total lock

We can still test failure of a claim.. coming into today Oklahoma was at 8.6 on the matrix (we were at 9.2). Their NET is about the same as ours.

While we won our Q3 game, Oklahoma did not. Where does Oklahoma end up? If OKlahoma is not in the last 4 play in game, it proves you were wrong..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom