Can't see us getting in if we lose Wednesday | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Can't see us getting in if we lose Wednesday

I wouldn't worry much about us being made an example of the TVI. Given that they are bringing in margin and efficiency into the equation, those with impacted TVI's should be those with the bad NCSOS per something like KP.

We are #169 in non-conference SOS which is middle of the pack amongst at larges candidates. Here are teams that have bad NCSOS in KP:
NC St #353 (out of 353)
Iowa #333
Baylor #291

NC St should be particularly worried.

Our non conference SOS is 24 no idea why ken Pom is so off...

Our non conference SOS is 24 no idea why ken Pom is so off...

Didn't realize there was a published NCSOS for the NET. So at 25, there is even less to worry about. 169 is nothing to worry about either (middle of pack), but #25 would be amongst the best of teams on the bubblw.

Didn't realize there was a published NCSOS for the NET. So at 25, there is even less to worry about. 169 is nothing to worry about either (middle of pack), but #25 would be amongst the best of teams on the bubblw.
Agreed. Our net in a vacuum doesn’t look great but 11th in SOS, 24th in NCSOS, 6 road wins, 10 top 100 KP wins including 3 and 19.

The SOS will set us apart

On a side note Lipscomb, Belmont and Furman really blew it. Belmont is probably still in but not a good weekend for the bubble P5 teams

I am worried if BC wins vs. Pitt. I can see Bowman and Chatman going all Jerome-Guy vs. the zone and the big, burly foreign guy at center dominating inside. Recipe for a loss. I'd rather play Pitt, seems like they have less weapons.

I am worried if BC wins vs. Pitt. I can see Bowman and Chatman going all Jerome-Guy vs. the zone and the big, burly foreign guy at center dominating inside. Recipe for a loss. I'd rather play Pitt, seems like they have less weapons.
Times are tough if we are worried about either team, we need this one.

Is anyone concerned about Battle after the fall he took on his back at the end of the Clemson game? Yes, he came back in the game for the end afterwards, but clearly had issues with trying to play or move much in defending.

I haven't seen or read a thing here or otherwise since. Recall he has been out for a back injury before (2017?), so hoping he'll be OK for Wednesday's game. No news is good news?

As someone that is clueless concerning the current bubble situation: As long as UB wins their tourney we'll be ok.

If we lose this next game to either BC or PITT I will be nervous come selection sunday. Sometimes watching this team I just can't wait for next season with the new talent and hope things can go somewhat back to normal around here when it comes to Syracuse basketball
It seems like I have been expressing the same sentiment for quite a few years now. I'm starting to wonder if this is the new normal.

If we lose this next game to either BC or PITT I will be nervous come selection sunday. Sometimes watching this team I just can't wait for next season with the new talent and hope things can go somewhat back to normal around here when it comes to Syracuse basketball
It seems like I have been expressing the same sentiment for quite a few years now. I'm starting to wonder if this is the new normal.
I remember back in 1996 towards the end of the regular season, a guy on my floor already looking ahead and touting the incoming recruiting class.

I remember back in 1996 towards the end of the regular season, a guy on my floor already looking ahead and touting the incoming recruiting class.
Im not really touting the incoming class im just so ready to see something new

Last edited:
Im not really touring the incoming class im just so ready to see something new
Lol so ur saying this teams goin to the final 4. I doubt there even capable but if they do make it ill be extremely happy n the first to admit I was wrong but that's not going to happen.
seems like all we can do is put 30-40 good minutes together until the other team exposes our multiple weaknesses and were dead in the water

Last edited:

After the 96 title game loss after a “ah well. Could be another 9 years before we’re back here” comment, I remember talking myself and anyone else who would listen into how we could be back there in 2 years when Burgan was a senior and our great incoming freshmen class were soph’s.

That ‘96 class had a lot of hype.

I sure hope not but will find out soon enough. Frank Howard won't be here next yeAr

I wouldn't be nervous, but I would pay close attention to the other conference tourneys. SU wins Wednesday I don't care what anyone else does.

Pay close attention why? So we can fret (versus being nervous) who possibly may steal our bid? If we are an absolute lock, why would there be have any need to "pay close attention" win or lose on Wednesday? Interesting.

Last edited:
After the 96 title game loss after a “ah well. Could be another 9 years before we’re back here” comment, I remember talking myself and anyone else who would listen into how we could be back there in 2 years when Burgan was a senior and our great incoming freshmen class were soph’s.

That ‘96 class had a lot of hype.
Who was in that class? I remember the SG outta Paterson NJ just can't get the name

Who was in that class? I remember the SG outta Paterson NJ just can't get the name

Etan Thomas
Jason Hart
Winfred Walton
Ramel Lloyd
Lasean Howard

The two most highly touted guys either never played here(Walton) or transferred after 1 year(Lloyd).

On the positive side, Hart and Thomas improved greatly over the course of their careers and became longtime NBA players, and the steady Ryan Blackwell transferred in and became part of the class.

Im not really touting the incoming class im just so ready to see something new
I just meant there have always been fans who moved on before the season was over. Not a “new normal” by any means.

I just meant there have always been fans who moved on before the season was over. Not a “new normal” by any means.

Hopefully we see this team actually try for an entire game instead of mailing it in in the 2nd half of tough games.

They seemed to able to up their effort for LY's postseason.

The way Frank has been playing, he often sets the tone... That tone is sleepwalk.

If he struggles to get the ball up court, hopefully he'll get the hook and tyus takes over quickly and get Dolezaj in... But JB gives a long leash to his seniors, so not sure we'll see our best lineup.

At this point, Frank is not part of our best lineup.

Hopefully we see this team actually try for an entire game instead of mailing it in in the 2nd half of tough games.

They seemed to able to up their effort for LY's postseason.

The way Frank has been playing, he often sets the tone... That tone is sleepwalk.

If he struggles to get the ball up court, hopefully he'll get the hook and tyus takes over quickly and get Dolezaj in... But JB gives a long leash to his seniors, so not sure we'll see our best lineup.

At this point, Frank is not part of our best lineup.
I think people are putting way too much stock into that second half performance against Clemson. First of all, Clemson wanted it more and needed it more. And second, I think our guys are sick of playing five-on-eight. As long as they remember the weight that was lifted off their shoulders last year beginning with ASU, they’ll be fine.

Etan Thomas
Jason Hart
Winfred Walton
Ramel Lloyd
Lasean Howard

The two most highly touted guys either never played here(Walton) or transferred after 1 year(Lloyd).

On the positive side, Hart and Thomas improved greatly over the course of their careers and became longtime NBA players, and the steady Ryan Blackwell transferred in and became part of the class.
Yep i was thinkin jason HArt too. I remember being real excited bout Walton! It's a shame we never got to see him in the dome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom