Captain Morgan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Captain Morgan

It’s not that simple. Just because some one throws more accurate doesn’t mean the team is better. The coaches already know Morgan won’t be difference in winning next week. Our passing game is limited and has no cohesion. Easy for fans to say take a chance. As a coach you have to take the chance of winning with a forunula that has worked more often instead of a formula you haven’t seen work yet.
Issue is the level of competition has gone up, this was working against BC who also doesn’t have a QB and VT who was on the verge of firing their HC. The offense we run simply cannot beat good teams. Pitt is going to tear us apart if we go out there with the same thing we’ve done all season.

You see I was find with you till now
This is a nice message board
People like you make it a dumpster fire
Keep it classy
You see I was find with you till now
This is a nice message board
People like you make it a dumpster fire
Keep it classy
It was a joke, maybe if you could take one you could’ve found a funnier wife :rolleyes:

Issue is the level of competition has gone up, this was working against BC who also doesn’t have a QB and VT who was on the verge of firing their HC. The offense we run simply cannot beat good teams. Pitt is going to tear us apart if we go out there with the same thing we’ve done all season.
We know the limitations of the pass game. It doesn’t take away of the fact that Shrader gives you the best chance to win vs Pitt. You go with the best thing going for you. Nothing is going to miraculously change in one week. The offense we run has beat good teams and almost beat Clemson and Wake. The offense just can’t come from behind by multiple TD’s. Have to take your chances with one of the best backfields in the country. Not with a bunch of Wr’s that have rarely shown any ability to make explosive plays vs good competition. If we lose with that. So be it.

We know the limitations of the pass game. It doesn’t take away of the fact that Shrader gives you the best chance to win vs Pitt. You go with the best thing going for you. Nothing is going to miraculously change in one week. The offense we run has beat good teams and almost beat Clemson and Wake. The offense just can’t come from behind by multiple TD’s. Have to take your chances with one of the best backfields in the country. Not with a bunch of Wr’s that have rarely shown any ability to make explosive plays vs good competition. If we lose with that. So be it.
Wakes D is horrible and Clemson’s O is horrible. We’re running into complete teams. Kenny Pickett is going to get his, so we’re going to be in the same exact position as the last 2 weeks. We’re going to be forced to put the ball in the air and GS can’t deliver.

The odds are she’ll stick with you, even after meeting the brandy drinking section of SU fans.

But no promises.
She’s meet a lot folks form the board and still around so you might be right haha

It doesn't matter who is QB, we will have no passing game. What does it matter if it is 150 yards or 50 yards?

If Morgan is in the D can key on Tucker as there is zero threat of a QB run. Additionally Morgan will not avoid the sacks that Shrader does. So you really want to trade more sacks, a less effective Tucker, and no QB runs all for 100 more yards passing? And that is assuming Morgan doesn't have a Louisville like performance and that our WRs actually catch the ball.

Our best chance at scoring is breaking long runs. Our best chance of winning is a low scoring game which can't happen when the D can't make a stop and STs suck.

This team is complexity broken, way more than just the QB. I don't doubt Dino starts the year as HC next season but hopefully the new AD picks a good replacement next December.
I really want to try something different

It’s not that simple. Just because some one throws more accurate doesn’t mean the team is better. The coaches already know Morgan won’t be difference in winning next week. Our passing game is limited and has no cohesion. Easy for fans to say take a chance. As a coach you have to take the chance of winning with a forunula that has worked more often instead of a formula you haven’t seen work yet.
Our coaches already know something!!???

Wakes D is horrible and Clemson’s O is horrible. We’re running into complete teams. Kenny Pickett is going to get his, so we’re going to be in the same exact position as the last 2 weeks. We’re going to be forced to put the ball in the air and GS can’t deliver.
I know what Pitt can do but you make it sound like Morgan is the answer though. We ain’t gonna do anything with the pass game. We have no pass game. Why do you think this great air attack is gonna come out of no where?

I know what Pitt can do but you make it sound like Morgan is the answer though. We ain’t gonna do anything with the pass game. We have no pass game. Why do you think this great air attack is gonna come out of no where?
I don’t think the air attack is going to be humming, but i do think Jacobian can do more than what Garrett has done. and I think we need that if we want even the slightest chance to beat Pitt.

I don’t think the air attack is going to be humming, but i do think Jacobian can do more than what Garrett has done. and I think we need that if we want even the slightest chance to beat Pitt.
You're making guesses off of reps from last year. The staff knows what Jacobian can and can not do. We don't. We are not beating Pitt with a dysfuntional air attack. You beat a team like Pitt running the ball, slowing the game down and limiting their possessions.

You're making guesses off of reps from last year. The staff knows what Jacobian can and can not do. We don't. We are not beating Pitt with a dysfuntional air attack. You beat a team like Pitt running the ball, slowing the game down and limiting their possessions.
Thanks Coach for always providing intelligence and enlightenment into the discussion.

No receivers and a cobbled offensive line is not a recipe for success with a drop back passer. If you want to see Morgan you better hope Dino learns how to recruit because there is our problem. Our offensive mastermind can’t bring in players in to run his own offense, it’s laughable at this point. Lets table the backup is our best option nonsenses

See Morgan vs Louisville last year. If Morgan was competent he would have started vs Ohio. I am a Morgan fan but there is no way we are better with him. Dino see Morgan in practice. Do you think Morgan doesn't start because Dino likes losing? He doesn't owe you a look at Morgan.

I think the problem is not a lot of people trust that DB knows who the best players are. Alford is one of our better and physically bigger WR’s yet we continue to throw to and play quelley who can’t even turn his head to look for the ball coming out of his break. Yes I know, GS also can’t throw the ball anywhere near anybody half the time.

Lmao the guy waited weeks to play GS over Tommy. Tucker started 4th on the depth chart last year. He isn’t the best at judging talent lol

Exactly. Tucker would still be riding the bench if not for Covid and opt outs. It’s not like the staff realized he was a potential Heisman hopeful.

Let that sink in for awhile. We have a potential Heisman hopeful on the bottom of the depth chart and the only reason he’s playing is b/c of Covid and opt outs. It’s laughable

This I get and agree with. IMO the last two weeks we should have gotten Morgan in to the game earlier (two weeks ago didn’t see the field) because in the very least you need to get him in real game situations. Even if GS stays as the QB next year too, it’s like ED, he’s always at risk for getting injured for potentially the season. To me that just has to happen. You can’t tell how good/bad a player might be without real reps and we had two perfect games to get one backup meaningful reps to get some insight for the future and help their development.

Not enough talent on offense to win with Morgan now. The results are going to be the same with a shaky Oline and less talented receivers. Our leading receiver is Jackson who is under 300 yards on the season. IMO Dino needs to gamble on 10-12 guys in the portal who can help win. Risk/Reward ratio is there.

Exactly. Tucker would still be riding the bench if not for Covid and opt outs. It’s not like the staff realized he was a potential Heisman hopeful.

Let that sink in for awhile. We have a potential Heisman hopeful on the bottom of the depth chart and the only reason he’s playing is b/c of Covid and opt outs. It’s laughable
One thousand percent the scariest part of all this. Thought Tommy was the savior. Never realized tucker was incredible. I just truly think this guy has zero clue. Also someone else said it and it made me think, maybe it was dino that made tommy fail as well because we are seeing the same thing now happen with GS. Either way you spin this, Dino’s Madden Awareness Rating is about a 2

One thousand percent the scariest part of all this. Thought Tommy was the savior. Never realized tucker was incredible. I just truly think this guy has zero clue. Also someone else said it and it made me think, maybe it was dino that made tommy fail as well because we are seeing the same thing now happen with GS. Either way you spin this, Dino’s Madden Awareness Rating is about a 2
It’s obvious it’s the coaches not the players

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom