Captain Morgan | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Captain Morgan

No doubt. I think everyone generally does that. Dino seems to keep starters in longer. Only seems to give 1 or 2 series to reserves.
I think he's more concerned with keeping the score as close as possible than giving experience to young guys. He's a stats guy.

You're making guesses off of reps from last year. The staff knows what Jacobian can and can not do. We don't. We are not beating Pitt with a dysfuntional air attack. You beat a team like Pitt running the ball, slowing the game down and limiting their possessions.
Did the staff know GS was better than Tommy? Slowing the game down works if you actually score, if we can’t convert 3rd down its not going to mean anything. And with GS if we get to 3rd and 6 or more, we might aswell punt. “slowing the game down and limiting their possessions” sounds good, but we can’t execute that. if we couldn’t do it to ville or ncst, why would we be able to against a team better than both of them in pitt? top 10 defense against the run. They defend what we do best at a top 10 clip, again, if we go into this game with the same game plan we are going to get absolutely mauled.

Last edited:
Did the staff know GS was better than Tommy? Slowing the game down works if you actually score, if we can’t convert 3rd down its not going to mean anything. And with GS if we get to 3rd and 6 or more, we might aswell punt. “slowing the game down and limiting their possessions” sounds good, but we can’t execute that. if we couldn’t do it to ville or ncst, why would we be able to against a team better than both of them in pitt? top 10 defense against the run. They defend what we do best at a top 10 clip, again, if we go into this game with the same game plan we are going to get absolutely mauled.
Better than Tommy in what way? I didnt say it is gonna work lol. We have to stop dreaming that we have this great air attack just waiting in the wings. We start throwing with this limited pass game its gonna get ugly. I can imagine a lot of 3rd and longs. Lots of sacks. We need to be in 3rd and manageable if we are going to have any success throwing. You have to do what you've done best all season. Thats the strategy they used all season long and thats the one they will win or lose with. If they lose its because the other team is just better than them.

Last edited:
Better than Tommy in what way? I didnt say it is gonna work lol. We have to stop dreaming that we have this great air attack just waiting in the wings. We start throwing with this limited pass game its gonna get ugly. I can imagine a lot of 3rd and longs. Lots of sacks. We need to be in 3rd and manageable if we are going to have any success throwing. You have to do what you've done best all season. Thats the strategy they used all season long and thats the one they will win or lose with. If they lose its because the other team is just better than them.
I didn’t say we have a great air attack, we won’t have a great air attack even if Morgan starts saturday, I just believe he can actually get respect from the pitt defense with his arm that Garrett cannot. GS misses throws that high school kids could make if they were put in his spot, this kid has one of the least talented arms in all of P5. My argument is, the strategy they’ve used all season long is just us sitting on death row for a week because it simply cannot work against a team like Pittsburgh, and with our bowl hopes on the line why wouldn’t we try something different to at least give us a chance? Pittsburg gives up less than 100ypg on the ground against teams with competent QB play, what are they going to look like when there’s no threat of an air attack and can completely and utterly commit to shutting down our run game? it’s a recipe for a disaster and a recipe for an embarrassing home blow out loss to close out a 5-7 season

In a world where we have a competent QB.. TD had a golden arm with zero intangibles and his accuracy down the field was below average. GS has a noodle arm with zero accuracy. If Jacobian can hit on some deep balls IT WILL HAPPEN.
The key is the word “if”

I just believe he can actually get respect from the pitt defense with his arm that Garrett cannot.
Why do you believe Morgan's arm is going to demand respect from Pitt? I would love to hear what you know that I don't know. I just ask that you dont tell me its because Morgan threw short game well against BC and constructed a scoring drive vs Wake's second team prevent defense. Morgan is a young QB that Pitt defense will not respect. There is no Wr that the defense is afraid of. So having an adequate pass game to keep the defense honest is something we hope for but its not realistic.

Death row? Cuse has the number 7 rushing attack in the country. You have to ride with what got you there. Again if they lose, they lose but it would be way more embarrassing going into the game with a statue QB trying to make quick decisions while Narduzzi is dialing up blitz packages he's never seen before. Maybe they can insert Morgan in certain series or situations. Maybe if they get down a couple TD's. I do appreciate your thoughts though.

Why do you believe Morgan's arm is going to demand respect from Pitt? I would love to hear what you know that I don't know. I just ask that you dont tell me its because Morgan threw short game well against BC and constructed a scoring drive vs Wake's second team prevent defense. Morgan is a young QB that Pitt defense will not respect. There is no Wr that the defense is afraid of. So having an adequate pass game to keep the defense honest is something we hope for but its not realistic.

Death row? Cuse has the number 7 rushing attack in the country. You have to ride with what got you there. Again if they lose, they lose but it would be way more embarrassing going into the game with a statue QB trying to make quick decisions while Narduzzi is dialing up blitz packages he's never seen before. Maybe they can insert Morgan in certain series or situations. Maybe if they get down a couple TD's. I do appreciate your thoughts though.
Pitt doesn't respect any QB. They play the same way each game. It is why you see Duke get into shootouts every year. Pitt dares you to beat them deep. They won't change their game plan for Morgan.

Because I believe his arm is better than GSs and I find it hard to believe that he misses on some of the throws that GS does. Yes, death row. The 2 teams you can best compare Pitt to defensively and stopping the run are Clemson and NCst. Against those teams we scored 17 points and 14 points, do you think those numbers can beat Kenny Pickett and the number 2 offense in the entire country? because I don’t. Setting our boys up to get slaughtered.

Last edited:
Pitt doesn't respect any QB. They play the same way each game. It is why you see Duke get into shootouts every year. Pitt dares you to beat them deep. They won't change their game plan for Morgan.
Let’s see if Morgan can make them pay, because we’ve already seen and know that Garrett can’t.

Because I believe his arm is better than GSs and I find it hard to believe that he misses on some of the throws that GS does. Yes, death row. The 2 teams you can best compare Pitt to defensively and stopping the run are Clemson and NCst. Against those teams we scored 17 points and 14 points, do you think those numbers can beat Kenny Pickett and the number 2 offense in the entire country? because I don’t. Setting our boys up to get slaughtered.
We already know Pitt is the better team. They may get slaughtered no matter what. If they go down they are going to go down with what they do best.

Yup, I know Narduzzi's defense. A lot of press man on the outside, face guarding the WR's.

Let’s see if Morgan can make them pay, because we’ve already seen and know that Garrett can’t.
You mean like the VA Tech and Clemson throws? Those are the type of patterns that will be open vs Pitt.

You mean like the VA Tech and Clemson throws? Those are the type of patterns that will be open vs Pitt.
You’re banking on 2 throws over the course of 9 games, interesting.

We already know Pitt is the better team. They may get slaughtered no matter what. If they go down they are going to go down with what they do best.
Hopefully we can keep it within 3 scores for our seniors…

Is it time to bring back the Captain? Kidding but only slightly. After tonight’s performance if GS can’t play maybe it’s time to warm up the bullpen again

Listen I'm an expert on Captaining a fine shipwreck and I have no doubt Morgan would be able to sail this shipwreck but we just need GS.
Yeah I agree. I’m just sad and coping with the loss by making a captain Morgan joke since I stopped drinking

He’s not the answer right now but Morgan’s criminally underrated. He got THROWN into the fire his freshman year and held up better than whatever performance today was. He has promise. I don’t think we’ve seen the end of JaCobian.

Well, we may have haha

He’s not the answer right now but Morgan’s criminally underrated. He got THROWN into the fire his freshman year and held up better than whatever performance today was. He has promise. I don’t think we’ve seen the end of JaCobian.

Well, we may have haha
When other QBs show up and immediately climb over him on the depth chart, it's unlikely we ever see him again... unless we have a rash of injuries like a few years ago when we made it to like the 4th string guy.