Carmelo signs with Portland | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo signs with Portland

Good to see Carmelo doing well, and have to admit I was wrong to a degree .. which I am happy about.

It's a good fit -- he may not be a good fir on all teams, but there will be a some playoff teams lining up to get him.

I like Melo but as of now, I would not want the Raptors to trade for him to end the season. The reason being that our entire success is predicated on having 5 above average defenders on the floor at all times (with the exception of maybe Matt Thomas but he is only seeing 7-10 minutes a game). But it is the same reason I would not trade for other role pieces ... it's not just a Melo thing.

But not all teams are constructed the same.

Good to see Carmelo doing well, and have to admit I was wrong to a degree.

It's a good fit -- he may not be a good fir on all teams, but there will be a some playoff teams lining up to get him.

I like Melo but as of now, I would not want the Raptors to trade for him to end the season. The reason being that our entire success is predicated on having 5 above average defenders on the floor at all times (with the exception of maybe Matt Thomas but he is only seeing 7-10 minutes a game). But not all teams are constructed the same.

If he keeps playing well, I think Portland can be a playoff team again. The Kings, Suns, Wolves - that’s not all that frightening of a group to compete with for the 7/8 seeds.

If he keeps playing well, I think Portland can be a playoff team again. The Kings, Suns, Wolves - that’s not all that frightening of a group to compete with for the 7/8 seeds.
Yeah, it’s early. I think the Blazers keep him and make the playoffs.

And then they knock out the Lakers in the first round. ;)

And then they knock out the Lakers in the first round. ;)
tenor.gif

You are correct. The bottom of both conferences are weak this year. The battle for a playoff spot in the west is not that much more intense than the East this year.

Meh, but he’s no Jahlil Okafor, that’s for sure.

*Note: In a moment of sheer lunacy, one genius on this board once suggested Melo, even in his prime, was basically “no better than Jahlil Okafor”. Still The most idiotic, clueless, and moronic statement I’ve ever read on this forum...and that’s saying a lot!!
For a while, he was the best international player in the world, and is a HOF guy, for sure.

Anyone think if he gets in a roll for another month he may be voted in for the all stars game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom