Carmelo signs with Portland | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo signs with Portland

I'll stick by my previous comment that Portland is not a good team this year and Melo gets traded to a contender by the deadline.

I would presume LA is keeping an eye on how things go in Portland.

LeBron wants him. Management doesn’t. Circumstances could change, especially if they can’t land Iguodala.

Well if LeBron leads them to be cream of the West by the deadline I would imagine he could get his way.

LeBron wants him. Management doesn’t. Circumstances could change, especially if they can’t land Iguodala.

I think Kuzma is in the role that would be best suited for Melo. And Kuzma ain’t going anywhere. Hard to see a role for both of them.

As a Laker fan I’d love to see Melo on the team and even more would love to see him with an important role, but I don’t see it barring injury. Portland looks like it may be a good fit and it’s way too early to count them out.

I think Kuzma is in the role that would be best suited for Melo. And Kuzma ain’t going anywhere. Hard to see a role for both of them.

As a Laker fan I’d love to see Melo on the team and even more would love to see him with an important role, but I don’t see it barring injury. Portland looks like it may be a good fit and it’s way too early to count them out.

With Whiteside, Lillard and McCollum all playing it actually presents a solid team.

Regardless, I guess he doesn’t actually need to go to China?

maybe all those players and ex-players insisting Melo should be in the league and was still better than a lot of guys were right?

Disagree. Fans know way more than the players. It is a proven fact.

With Whiteside, Lillard and McCollum all playing it actually presents a solid team.

Maybe. And nobody probably even remembers that he still plays, but Pau Gasol might still be capable of giving them a productive 12-15 mpg off the bench once he’s healthy.

Sounds like he might be also looking at hanging them up..

Jeez, didn’t even know that. There was zero information coming out on his status for so long. That’s too bad. He was so skilled that there’s gotta still be something there - he was good when he played last year. But if your body can’t hold up, what can you do?

*Kobe’s status and personna gets all the attention, but Pau was so good on those title teams. The perfect compliment to Kobe. And Pringles D’Antoni had no clue what to do with Pau, which shows how much of a one trick pony he is.

Last edited:
Melo’s just getting ready for another melo lebron classic :)

Meh, but he’s no Jahlil Okafor, that’s for sure.

*Note: In a moment of sheer lunacy, one genius on this board once suggested Melo, even in his prime, was basically “no better than Jahlil Okafor”. Still The most idiotic, clueless, and moronic statement I’ve ever read on this forum...and that’s saying a lot!!

At some point, pointing out Melo’s weaknesses just went way too far for a lot of basketball fans. It became a way for fans to try to show how hip and cutting edge they were by repeating the same criticisms of him they’d heard someone else make.

I’ve been in “just enjoy the guy for what he is” mode for a long, long time.

Meh, but he’s no Jahlil Okafor, that’s for sure.

*Note: In a moment of sheer lunacy, one genius on this board once suggested Melo, even in his prime, was basically “no better than Jahlil Okafor”. Still The most idiotic, clueless, and moronic statement I’ve ever read on this forum...and that’s saying a lot!!

Someone really said that???

Someone really said that???
Oh yeah...and they were being totally serious too!
Too lazy to look it up but they were basically laughed off thread. In any case, the fact that it was even suggested as a talking point, confirms the role that negative media plays in shaping opinions.
If all you ever hear of Melo is how “bad” he is for a team & never bother to go further than some loudmouth’s H0T Takes, then yeah...you can start to believe something as ludicrous as that. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom