Carmelo signs with Portland | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo signs with Portland

Meh, but he’s no Jahlil Okafor, that’s for sure.

*Note: In a moment of sheer lunacy, one genius on this board once suggested Melo, even in his prime, was basically “no better than Jahlil Okafor”. Still The most idiotic, clueless, and moronic statement I’ve ever read on this forum...and that’s saying a lot!!

believe it was jabari parker.

Revenge for the 2013 playoffs where PG got all the credit and Melo got all the blame(while outscoring PG by 9 ppg), but in reality the story of the series was Roy Hibbert dominating Tyson Chandler.

Melo, in the words of Dave Chappelle thru the spirit of Prince...”Shoot the J! Shoot it!”

Dear god, Chandler got abused that series. He made Roy FREAKING Hibbert look like Hakeem Olajuwon!!

believe it was jabari parker.
Yup- that was it! It was such a ridiculous premise, i kind of put it out of my mind. The fact that it was indeed Jabari Parker makes the suggestion even more ludicrous!

Every single one of his buckets was attacking the basket, or making a contested mid range jumper.

They’re letting him be Melo, instead of trying to make him one of those scrubs who stands in the corner who hardly ever touches the ball and shoots a spot up 3 every few minutes.

And he got hammered on two of those finishes at the rim. No calls, of course. Been going on for years.

Yep. Because he never was a flopper.

The team that Portland is putting out there is actually very well constructed. Whiteside is the perfect type of big to pair with Melo alongside two very good guards in McCollum and Lillard. This will be a good team . Only problem is the bench.

Every single one of his buckets was attacking the basket, or making a contested mid range jumper.

They’re letting him be Melo, instead of trying to make him one of those scrubs who stands in the corner who hardly ever touches the ball and shoots a spot up 3 every few minutes.

If he needed to looks like Melo could still average 25 a game. He isn't as explosive but still can make defenders look silly.

1575139195963.png

Best player in Hawks franchise history - definitely deserved this chance for redemption!

Glad to see him not only producing / playing well, but also justifying Portland's decision to give him a shot. And also, for making the nonstop sports media lampooning look stupid.

Would love to see Carmelo play for 2 more years, and climb into the top 10 for scoring in league history. He's off to a great start.

Hah! I bet that the analytics crowd was the biggest anti-Melo faction.

DID YOU SEE MELO'S WAROTFLMAO???

They suck all the fun out of any basketball discussion. You know they were all 12th men if they ever even made a team, and were never able to do anything but hot potatoe the ball to somebody else or jack a wide open spot up three once in a while.

They should check the “I’m jealous” box, the “I don’t know basketball box”, and the “I only look at analytics” box at minimum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom