Carmelo signs with Portland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo signs with Portland

Good for Melo but Portland is really struggling this season.

That's not the biggest issue. Portland is guard dominated by McCollum and Lillard...unless they make a concerted effort to get him the ball, he'll be frozen out worse than in Houston

Can we just take a moment to recognize how Weitsman has burst into the scene in cuse as like our own mark cuban? (Not comparing actual personalities) Seeing how important boosters is in college athletics, having this guy so closely tied to our programs is seriously a blessing.

And in this new NIL environment, we're going to be needing as many sugar daddy big boosters as we can get.

(edited to add: and sugar mamas! Hi CTO!! ;) )

I used to cringe a little bit at how tight he's now become with the program, but as long as he keeps his nose clean(ish) and we play by whatever rules are currently being broken in place, then it's all good.

And in this new NIL environment, we're going to be needing as many sugar daddy big boosters as we can get.

(edited to add: and sugar mamas! Hi CTO!! ;) )

I used to cringe a little bit at how tight he's now become with the program, but as long as he keeps his nose clean(ish) and we play by whatever rules are currently being broken in place, then it's all good.
Exactly!

That's not the biggest issue. Portland is guard dominated by McCollum and Lillard...unless they make a concerted effort to get him the ball, he'll be frozen out worse than in Houston
I think what happens is that he plays his way into game shape and gets traded at the deadline to a contender for a 2nd round pick and some cash.

I think what happens is that he plays his way into game shape and gets traded at the deadline to a contender for a 2nd round pick and some cash.

I think Portland will be a playoff team.

I’m so happy for Melo and hope it goes well. He is one of the few athletes who has made all of our lives better. Can you imagine how miserable we would all be if we had never won the championship.
Melo is likely the most unlucky superstar ever in terms of the teammates he played with in his prime. I can’t recall a superstar who had less help.
And that Texas game ...

one minor quibble with that. After being with the Knicks long enough to know what a disaster that organization is, he chose to go back to NY for the most money. That was his chance to leave for better teammates. The seasons before that FA decision I agree with you

First appearance will be vs the Rockets

Im not sure he was frozen out there...he was only there for 10 games and their lineup was a revolving door due to injuries and suspensions in those 10 games. I think he only played a few games with both Paul and Harden in the lineup.

This is pretty easy evaluation in my opinion - teams are going to iso him on the defensive end until he proves he can guard someone. If he can't can his scoring offset that for it to work for Portland.

F231B6D8-321C-4537-9744-09D496A78A92.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom