Carmelo stuff | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo stuff

You should read your own posts.

You could try and make arguments against the points I make in a reasonable manner like I did with CTO or you can play childish games and call me "upset" and things of such nature. Either way you're only going to make yourself look foolish.

The fact that CTO has to come out and publicly defend Carmelo Anthony against the unfounded rants of SU FANS boggles my mind.

It's times like these where I feel like just walking away from these forums.

Just had that conversation with a few other posters (primarily football board folks) the other day.

44cuse

What an awful post. Carmelo's accomplishments and contributions to Syracuse have nothing to do with what he is currently doing in the NBA.

"reasonable manner", eh?

Tonight I was surprised to hear Charles Barkley call Carmelo the best scorer in the NBA. Carmelo is like family to many of us, and deservedly so for helping give the Cuse and JB their first NCAA title. Like family, he is human and has faults, but also like family, I try to love the guy unconditionally. Thank you Carmelo, and your teammates, and all the coaches and players over the years who have brought us both joy and tears and made many memorable moments for us. Regardless of where you play, you're always wearing orange in my heart!!

You should be more surprised that it was surprise to you. ;) Someone will argue Kevin Durant...and they'd be wrong. Melo can score in far more ways than KD can who literally cannot score with his back to the basket.

44cuse

"reasonable manner", eh?

I fail to see how his donations of money to the program, his appearances, etc, affect his play in the NBA. But please go ahead and inform me.

I fail to see how his donations of money to the program, his appearances, etc, affect his play in the NBA. But please go ahead and inform me.

I think that you've completely missed the point.

They don't, and I'm pretty sure that nobody in this thread made that causal connection. Other than you, of course.

Funny, considering you were whining earlier in this head about people " making stuff up".

As I said, you might want to think about some of your previous posts before you hit "post reply".

Funny, considering you were whining earlier in this head about people " making stuff up".

As I said, you might want to think about some of your previous posts before you hit "post reply".

I just tell the truth. If you want to put on your orange colored glasses like half of this forum then go ahead. But when someone calls you out on it be prepared to defend yourself with an actual argument.

I have enjoyed this back and forth very much but I must leave. If you want to learn about the NBA or college ball just send me a PM and I would be happy to educate.

I just tell the truth. If you want to put on your orange colored glasses like half of this forum then go ahead. But when someone calls you out on it be prepared to defend yourself with an actual argument.

You're just all over the place.

I have enjoyed this back and forth very much but I must leave. If you want to learn about the NBA or college ball just send me a PM and I would be happy to educate.

Nothing funnier than unintentional comedy...

There's a good chance I'll get banned for this and I don't care. It'll be worth it.

You're a first-class douche bag. Your response to CTO wasn't reasonable, it was childish. Whether it's Carmelo Anthony, Donovan McNabb or Joe Biden, they will always be part of the Syracuse family no matter what they do. You will never be a part of that family. It doesn't matter if you're from Syracuse, live in Syracuse or went to Syracuse (doubtful)...you don't belong. You don't count. You're nothing.

There's a good chance I'll get banned for this and I don't care. It'll be worth it.

You're a first-class douche bag. Your response to CTO wasn't reasonable, it was childish. Whether it's Carmelo Anthony, Donovan McNabb or Joe Biden, they will always be part of the Syracuse family no matter what they do. You will never be a part of that family. It doesn't matter if you're from Syracuse, live in Syracuse or went to Syracuse (doubtful)...you don't belong. You don't count. You're nothing.

tumblr_lklolyX9tt1qzk3rdo1_500.gif

Wade Lebron and Bosh were awesome tonight no reason to hate Melo for that.
Heck the knicks shot I think 67 percent at one point in the third quarter.

The 30 to 18 point difference in the paint in the first half said alot. More then half Miamis first half points were in the paint.

IMO,
Sadly Melo has got to be the hardest superstar to build a championship contending team around.

The guy is just so dominant in high post isolation its tough to say what will best aid him. He has no reason to step out outside of 18 feet, but the game is so physical it has to take a toll.

Lynn will be good, but I would rather see Melo with a strong or tall dominant low post scoring big who knows how to seal off and attack the basket violently like Griffin or Blair.
Kmart, Amare, and NeNe are not that guy. Let Melo look to drive or shoot the midrange jumper all game long. With the right player I really believe Melo could put up 40 plus in the playoffs every other game.

That one play where he swung around Lebron and boxed out for the offensive board and got fouled was awesome.

There are a lot of foolish people on this board. I agree 100 % with your post CTO. Without Carmelo, Syracuse would be a lot different right now. I do not mean that in a good way.

I think the people who rip Melo and other former Cuse players somehow feel intellectually superior when they do so. In their minds we are all homers, yet they in their infinite wisdom are so much smarter than all of us :rolleyes:

As far as Melo in the playoffs, lets put Melo and his Denver team in the Eastern Conf during his time there and put Lebron and his Cavs team in the Western Conf against San Antonio and Los Angeles every year and see how different their resume's look.

Melo deserves criticism for allowing Denver to gut the Knicks roster when he got traded, however the Knicks have quickly built up talent so im not sure thats really a valid criticism although if they could have kept Gallinari it wouldve been a big help.

Last year Amare and Billups went down in the beginning of the Boston series, once that happened it was game over. Cant fault Melo for that.

This year the Knicks are facing the best team in the NBA at full strength meanwhile the Knicks are without their entire starting backcourt in Lin and Shumpert. Amare has been injured down the stretch and just came back 5 games before the playoffs. Tyson Chandler, the likely DPOY could barely play Game 1 due to the flu and was still heavily affected by it in Game 2. Now, we find out Amare destroyed his hand on a fire extinguisher and may miss Game 3...lol, yeaaaa all Melo's fault im sure.

Knicks have a championship contending core in Lin, Shump, Melo, Chandler...unfortunately the elephant in the room is Amare. He does not fit with this team and his contract doesnt allow us to make any major roster moves. They need to find someway to move him because if they dont, im not sure they will ever win anything. Maybe they can convince him to become a bench player but his contract is still a killer since we likely wont have enough money to resign guys who produce like JR Smith and Steve Novak.

2) No student athlete has been more generous to SU than Carmelo. Edit: no team player anywhere (including Duke, Notre Dame, UNC, USC or wherever) has ever been more generous to his school than has Melo.

Lebron James and John Calipari say hello

ITS A JOKE PEOPLE.

Damn...

But +1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom