Carmelo stuff | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo stuff

Jesuis Christ no one denies Carmelo's generosity or his substantial contribution to Syracuse basketball. I don't understand why these things have to prohibit an objective look at him as an NBA PLAYER.

I don't understand why this thread had to turn into another Bron-sucking session. The last two pages or so have been a complete hijacking by the King James Police. I would suggest that the admins create a special forum for you guys if it wasn't for the fact that LeBron Mother James has absolutely nothing to do with Syracuse Mother University.

Bron is so hated, because he was so beloved. Everyone wanted him to go to their city. When he went to a team no one cares about...the worm turned. "I hate him now!!!! How dare he do what he wants to do!!"

Not to add to the insanity...but I just couldn't resist.
LeBron was THE recognized ALPHA DOG, just like MJ, Magic, and Bird before him. To that generation of fans, the ALPHA DOG doesn't run from his responsibility to BE an effin' ALPHA DOG, and slither away to play with another Alpha (D Wade), just to GUARANTEE himself a championship. Its just not done, its unseemly & cowardly.
All the greats I mentioned above criticized LBJ, BECAUSE as an ALPHA DOG, the best in the game, one of the G.O.A.Times, he still ran to Miami to be with D. Wade...and, for good measure, he acted like a colossal while doing so. He took the "easy way out", and didn't finish the job as a true ALPHA DOG is "supposed" to do & has done throughout NBA history.
Name another NBA player of LeBron's caliber, IN HIS PRIME, who ran off because he couldn't get the job done? He exposed himself, after all the relentless ESPN-inspired hype of "King James" as being a FRAUD, and to alot of people that's what he remains.
He is not being despised in a vacuum, or because he "wanted to do what he wants"- its because he broke an unwritten rule of all ALPHA DOGS...he put his tail between his legs, took a dump on the city of Cleveland, relieved himself on NBA fans, and went to Miami.
THAT'S the main reason people can't stand him...he's an entitled phony...until further notice.

LeBron was THE recognized ALPHA DOG, just like MJ, Magic, and Bird before him. To that generation of fans, the ALPHA DOG doesn't run from his responsibility to BE an effin' ALPHA DOG, and slither away to play with another Alpha (D Wade), just to GUARANTEE himself a championship. Its just not done, its unseemly & cowardly.
All the greats I mentioned above criticized LBJ, BECAUSE as an ALPHA DOG, the best in the game, one of the G.O.A.Times, he still ran to Miami to be with D. Wade...and, for good measure, he acted like a colossal while doing so. He took the "easy way out", and didn't finish the job as a true ALPHA DOG is "supposed" to do & has done throughout NBA history.
Name another NBA player of LeBron's caliber, IN HIS PRIME, who ran off because he couldn't get the job done? He exposed himself, after all the relentless ESPN-inspired hype of "King James" as being a FRAUD, and to alot of people that's what he remains.
He is not being despised in a vacuum, or because he "wanted to do what he wants"- its because he broke an unwritten rule of all ALPHA DOGS...he put his tail between his legs, took a dump on the city of Cleveland, relieved himself on NBA fans, and went to Miami.
THAT'S the main reason people can't stand him...he's an entitled phony...until further notice.

I'm trying to read between the lines here... you don't like Lebron, correct?

I actually can't argue with that.

He's a great player, the guy I'd pick first to build a team around. But I'll never argue that he's not a douchebag.

I'm trying to read between the lines here... you don't like Lebron, correct?
LOL
As a Knicks fan I never liked Bird, or MJ, or Isiah, or Magic...but I RESPECTED them.
I don't have much respect for LBJ, simply because he hasn't earned it yet.
JMHO.;)

So, is Melo a coward for leaving DEN to go to NY where he thought he could team up with STAT and one other star??

So, is Melo a coward for leaving DEN to go to NY where he thought he could team up with STAT and one other star??
You can't have it both ways.
If Melo is not in LeBron's class, then he shouldn't be blamed for going to the Knicks. OTOH, if LBJ is so fricken great, then he shouldn't have to slither to Miami to win a title.
Haven't you been advocating that Melo is NOT in LeBron's class?
LeBron has been hyped & in all honesty, has shown all the evidence to being one of the GOAT.
Melo is not in the LeBron, Kobe, MJ, Bird, Magic status- at least not yet.
LBJ has been touted as the best since MJ & Kobe- did you see those guys run away because they couldn't finish the job?
I'd maybe, eventually put Melo as more in Barkley or Ewing's status, IF THAT. He's a great player, but definitely not all-world or in LBJ's class.

I'd really be interested to find out what Kobe and Michael, insteas of Los Angeles and Chicago, played in Clevland, Ohio.

Ugh, I still can't believe that Melo thought that him and Amare were a good combination. But NYC, I guess.

MJ didn't run away because he was already teamed up with one of the best defenders of all time and the greatest rebounder of all time.

Yeah, apparently it's ok if you are Magic Johnson if you get drafted to the same team as the guy who was the most reliable scorer in the history of the league. Or Kobe and you get drafted to a team with the most dominant big guy of the last 30 years.

MJ didn't run away because he was already teamed up with one of the best defenders of all time and the greatest rebounder of all time.
This was the Bulls roster when MJ first got there. He went NINE(9) years before winning his first ring.
Thats the point- LeBron wanted instant gratification and ran to Miami to be D Wade's side-kick, instead of building & having other players come to him.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1985.html

You can't have it both ways.
If Melo is not in LeBron's class, then he shouldn't be blamed for going to the Knicks. OTOH, if LBJ is so fricken great, then he shouldn't have to slither to Miami to win a title.
Haven't you been advocating that Melo is NOT in LeBron's class?
LeBron has been hyped & in all honesty, has shown all the evidence to being one of the GOAT.
Melo is not in the LeBron, Kobe, MJ, Bird, Magic status- at least not yet.
LBJ has been touted as the best since MJ & Kobe- did you see those guys run away because they couldn't finish the job?
I'd maybe, eventually put Melo as more in Barkley or Ewing's status, IF THAT. He's a great player, but definitely not all-world or in LBJ's class.

i think that he means the melo (nba) lovers cant have it both ways... thus proving he doesnt belong in bron's class.

Lebron played in Clevland for seven seasons.

And no one was coming to help him.

MJ went 7 years before winning a ring. Lebron spent 7 years in Cleveland.

Lebron played in Clevland for seven seasons.

And no one was coming to help him.

UH OH...

(i agree with you, but other's here DO NOT. They think cleveland was made up of all stars and the East was made up of girls high school teams)

OK- I see this is again heading to "LeBron vs Melo- #196", so I'll get back to work.
My argument has never been that Melo is LBJ's equal.
But the point was being made that the ONLY reason fans hated LeBron was (a) Melo is an SU alum, and (b) he went to the Heat.
IMO, the bigger factor was what I stated in a prior post; LBJ is hated by alot of fans for a variety of reasons, and also IMO, justifiably so.
He can shut me and every other skeptic up by doing one thing...winning.

This was the Bulls roster when MJ first got there. He went NINE(9) years before winning his first ring.
Thats the point- LeBron wanted instant gratification and ran to Miami to be D Wade's side-kick, instead of building & having other players come to him.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1985.html

And Lebron has gone 8 years without winning a ring. Cleveland hadn't put other star players around him. Knowing Jordan's competitiveness, I wouldn't be surprised if he left the Bulls if he didn't have Scottie Pippen on the team.

I don't think people besides cleveland ohio are really mad that Lebron Left to join the heat, I think it's how he left. If the guy had a press conference the day before the decision telling how much he loved cleveland and how much playing there meant to him I think it would have gone a long way to help his image whether or not he really meant what he said. The dude was a free agent and he had every right to go wherever he wanted. The cleveland organization really didn't surround with that good of players he just left in a very tacky way. Anyone in Lebrons position would be it would be almost impossible not to. I don't fault him for that, aside from being arrogant seems like a decent guy.

Kobe was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets. And he's threatened to leave on several occasions, though not so much recently.

But I can see your point I guess.

Even though the whole "dream team" scenario now seems to be a growing trend, there are only a few people capable of starting that trend: Kobe, Lebron, and Wade among them.

And Lebron has gone 8 years without winning a ring. Cleveland hadn't put other star players around him. Knowing Jordan's competitiveness, I wouldn't be surprised if he left the Bulls if he didn't have Scottie Pippen on the team.

Perhaps, but he wouldn't have gone to the Lakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom