Carrier Dome Now Open to Fans | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Dome Now Open to Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been to many lax games over the years ... will we even get to 900 students? A game like Vermont I'd think we'd be lucky to get 3k people in a normal world. Hard to imagine 30% of that would be students. Hopefully though! Cabin fever might be real enough to get students to do anything social at this point

Will be nice to get lacrosse some bigger than normal crowds for the rest of the spring in the new Dome.

i've been to many lax games over the years ... will we even get to 900 students? A game like Vermont I'd think we'd be lucky to get 3k people in a normal world. Hard to imagine 30% of that would be students. Hopefully though! Cabin fever might be real enough to get students to do anything social at this point

That's what I was thinking. I feel many will go just because they can.

Here is the complete letter:

THURSDAY, MARCH 4, 2021
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
There are very few things more uniquely Orange than attending an event at our iconic stadium. This is an experience many of us have been missing throughout the pandemic. For that reason, we are pleased to share that late last night the University and New York State came to an agreement that will allow us to reopen the stadium to a limited number of fans, starting first with our students.
As a result, Syracuse University will become the first major college sports arena in New York State to “pilot” a reopening plan, when we welcome up to 900 students (beginning with students who are season ticket holders) at Saturday’s men’s lacrosse game against the University of Vermont.
Working in partnership with New York State, the University’s plan to reopen the stadium includes significant COVID-related safeguards, such as enhanced testing, to ensure the health and well-being of our campus and surrounding communities. As a condition of attendance, our students must undergo a COVID-19 screening at the Stadium Testing Center 24 hours prior to the event. Upon entering the stadium, students will receive a second COVID test—this one will be a rapid (15-minute) test. A negative result on both tests is required for admission to the game, and these tests will be administered at no cost to students. Later this morning, student season ticket holders will receive communication from the Box Office with additional details concerning ticketing and other mandatory public health guidance.
We appreciate the state’s ongoing partnership and support in this effort, and we are especially grateful for the state’s support of a reopening plan that does not unduly burden our students and eventually fans with the potentially significant cost associated with third-party provided COVID testing. As a world-class research institution, we have the scientists, the facilities and the resources to provide high-quality and low-cost COVID surveillance testing to anyone seeking entrance to our facilities, and by allowing us to leverage our COVID surveillance testing infrastructure, the state has helped us ensure that access to our stadium events will be equitable and inclusive.
For supporting the University to reach this important milestone, we would like to thank and acknowledge the Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon, and also Matt Driscoll, the executive director of the New York State Thruway Authority and captain of Central New York’s Regional Control Room. Their partnership and advocacy played a central role in achieving this positive outcome.
We continue to be grateful to our students and our fans for your support and your patience. The reopening of the Syracuse University stadium to fans represents one step toward a return to normalcy. If we continue to move forward together and remain committed to the public health behaviors proven to keep us safe and stop COVID transmission, our return to the many other activities important to campus life will surely follow.
Sincerely,
J. Michael Haynie
Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation
John Wildhack
Director of Athletics

so still the 2 tests and a chunk of money for the school to be spending..

Honor the men’s and women’s basketball players at the halftime of our highest profile lacrosse home game.
Let them get actual cheers for their time.
Tiana, Marek, Bourama and I am missing the others deserve real thanks.

Honor the men’s and women’s basketball players at the halftime of our highest profile lacrosse home game.
Let them get actual cheers for their time.
Tiana, Marek, Bourama and I am missing the others deserve real thanks.

They can all come back next year if they want. Maybe they want to take some time to decide.

Should they give Buddy his senior night a year from now as well?

Okay so When can we expect general single game ticket holders be expected ?

Is this a phasing in Students/Faculty then Season Ticket Holders then Single Game Ticket Holders.

They can all come back next year if they want. Maybe they want to take some time to decide.

Should they give Buddy his senior night a year from now as well?
If they aren’t coming back they deserve the fans giving them love for the sacrifices they made.

Buddy doesn’t participate in Senior Day next year. Academically he will be a Senior but not eligibility wise.

Okay so When can we expect general single game ticket holders be expected ?

Is this a phasing in Students/Faculty then Season Ticket Holders then Single Game Ticket Holders.
I'm not Sure?

what You Mean.

I'm not Sure?

what You Mean.

When can me a simple single game single game ticket holder and whoever I go with might expect be back in the dome ?

I'm talking bout the everyday man. Not the rich season ticket holders and alumni and donors who get free tickets.

When can me a simple single game single game ticket holder and whoever I go with might expect be back in the dome ?

I'm talking bout the everyday man. Not the rich season ticket holders and alumni and donors who get free tickets.
LOL.

I'm sure you would love that Bees. Keep the common man out of the carrier dome more. But seriously I'm sorry I have a wife to be and a daughter to support and can't afford season tickets.

"Donors get free tickets?" You have to be kidding. Donors pay more for their tickets than anyone else does. You clearly have no clue about how things work.

Last edited:
"Donors get free tickets?" You have to be kidding. Donors pay more for their tickets than anyone else does. You clearly have no clue about how things work.

Donors do not get free tickets to games, they pay face value if they ask for them for sports they don’t normally subscribe to.

You are correct though that in general donors spend way more for their season tickets than anyone else. By far...

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you like lacrosse though?

I think they get 900. My daughter is very excited to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom