Class of 2015 - CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas

I agree that he probably won't come here...but the take on here was that he knew big offers were coming and committed here anyway. So there must be something to that. To then say oh we're out of the top 5 seems out of whack with the reality of what happened and how it happened.

He committed to Cuse despite family, and his coaches wanting him to hold off. His coaches knew a whole slew of offers were coming, but I don't even think Davis knew that this was going to happen. He is saying the right things, and says Syracuse will receive an official visit, but it will take a semi miracle for McDonald to pull this one off.

Eventually if we want to be a top 25 program again we are going to have to start to land some big time talented kids like this. I think our best chance is getting lucky with one of our qb's, and having them turn into the next Teddy Bridgewater or Donovan McNabb. Great players attract great players. I know we aren't in fertile recruiting grounds, but PAC12 schools seem to attract high end talent all the time. I'm pissed we lost Davis. Sure we knew it was coming, but I think we are getting to the point where we can't look at this as a moral victory just by having him grace us with his month long commitment.

Makes you appreciate big prospects like Slayton, Custis and Enoicy. Bigger fish came knocking, they kept there word.

Enoicy decommitted from FIU to come to Syracuse, I don't think he's the best example for this.

Sub Franklin for him and then you're good :)

Enoicy decommitted from FIU to come to Syracuse, I don't think he's the best example for this.

Sub Franklin for him and then you're good :)

Enoicy had a lot of offers ... not sure why he even committed to FIU to begin with.

Enoicy had a lot of offers ... not sure why he even committed to FIU to begin with.

Yeah I know but he basically did to FIU what Davis did to us.

Yeah I know but he basically did to FIU what Davis did to us.

I strongly disagree. Enoicy had a Cuse offer (and many of his overall offers) when he committed to FIU. Davis had an SU offer and maybe a couple others, after he committed he blew up and received well over a dozen other offers, especially those of the big boys.

I think those two situations are very different.

@SaluteMe_103: Florida state offered
1f64f.png
1f64f.png

I strongly disagree. Enoicy had a Cuse offer (and many of his overall offers) when he committed to FIU. Davis had an SU offer and maybe a couple others, after he committed he blew up and received well over a dozen other offers, especially those of the big boys.

I think those two situations are very different.

They're not different if most or all of Enoicy's offers weren't committable, which seems to be the case. He did have legit offers from Miami, FSU, Auburn, VTech, etc. very early in the process but I don't think he could have committed to those schools in Dec/Jan if he even wanted to. And I'm still not sure if our offer was committable after he committed to FIU because of developments with other prospects or if it was always a committable offer regardless. I still feel he grabbed the safety offer at the time and then flipped when he had a better option available, which isn't much different than what Davis is doing.

“It all happened fast,” he said. “I’m just going to take my time and make sure I pick the right place so I can make it to the next level.”

Umm, Davante you had that at the first school you committed to, top 8 all-time. In addition you have the opportunity to get on the field sooner at Syracuse than you do at one of the football factories to show the pros your stuff.

Muschamp offers fast-rising CB Davis

According to rvls - they are reporting Davis has said which 5 schools he wants to visit this fall.

"DaVante Davis spent the spring collecting offers and now he knows which schools he wants to officially visit in the fall."

According to rvls - they are reporting Davis has said which 5 schools he wants to visit this fall.

"DaVante Davis spent the spring collecting offers and now he knows which schools he wants to officially visit in the fall."

none of which are SU. lock the thread!

I don't understand why the heck we need to lock the thread of every recruit that chooses another school...

I can understand the Clark thread as that got a little out of control with the venom, but Davis committed to us at one time and I, for one, continue to be interested in his recruitment... even if SU is no longer involved.

If you're no longer interested, just don't click. Why though, would we need to lock these threads? It's just juvenile.

I don't understand why the heck we need to lock the thread of every recruit that chooses another school...

I can understand the Clark thread as that got a little out of control with the venom, but Davis committed to us at one time and I, for one, continue to be interested in his recruitment... even if SU is no longer involved.

If you're no longer interested, just don't click. Why though, would we need to lock these threads? It's just juvenile.

It was a joke! not a very good one apparently.

It's not that I don't care - it's just a housekeeping thing for me. There are a lot of kids to keep track of and only so much time to follow recruiting (before, um... work suffers). If I see a new post in a thread with a kid who I thought had moved on from us - I click it because I think he might have reconsidered. They I read that he picked up another offer from someone who is not us.

Cusian made some good points. I feel the same way. I do like to know what happened to kids that we recruited, who were once committed or transferred. But I dont like to know about every kid. There is alot of kids to keep up with though.

Cusian made some good points. I feel the same way. I do like to know what happened to kids that we recruited, who were once committed or transferred. But I dont like to know about every kid. There is alot of kids to keep up with though.

Tell me about it. :)

Just because there is no activity on a kid though you can't discount them. Last class the staff offered Antwan Cordy fairly early and then... nothing. It wasn't until they were bringing kids in for officials in January that he resurfaced from the forgotten back pages of the forum.

Tell me about it. :)

Just because there is no activity on a kid though you can't discount them. Last class the staff offered Antwan Cordy fairly early and then... nothing. It wasn't until they were bringing kids in for officials in January that he resurfaced from the forgotten back pages of the forum.

and that's how it'll be this year. That's how it is every year. Come official visit time kids start popping out of the woodwork and sometimes they're really good players nobody had any idea we were involved it.

One-time Syracuse football verbal commitment Davante Davis has 5 finalists; is SU still in the mix?\

Spoiler: No - Florida State, Florida, Miami (Fla.), Texas and Alabama

Harris indicated nobody from Syracuse has recently contacted him about Davis.

"Syracuse did a good job. They were one of the first power conference schools to offer him, and as you can see, he initially committed to them early, early on in the process. But with a kid like him, we all knew that he was going to blow up.

"I don't know that they moved on in the sense that just I think Davante blew up so much where it felt like they weren't going to have a shot to get him once certain schools started offering."

Committed to Texas
Texas is a good place for him. Great choice! Strong loves his Florida kids and he knows that these kids know how to "bring it."