CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better. They want to play grown up games then pay grown up taxes. You get a million dollar NIL this year, congrats on your success. Now pay your taxes as a million dollar earner for that year.
Write the $250k+ check!

If any of these NIL things were in our favor, would we say hey this is wrong let’s not take the kid that’s transferring for that reason? God some of these takes are pure insanity
Yes. It’s possible to recognize things that are wrong even when it benefits you. Absolutely.

They better. They want to play grown up games then pay grown up taxes. You get a million dollar NIL this year, congrats on your success. Now pay your taxes as a million dollar earner for that year.

Feds getting their $. It's a business transaction. probably better for some kids when they were getting paper bags of cash.

4 business now that the government is getting their taxes on which years ago seemed crazy. Weed, gambling, scalping tickets and paying college athletes $ to play. Good thing I guess.

Feds getting their $. It's a business transaction. probably better for some kids when they were getting paper bags of cash.
I hope they withhold when they get the money or else many will be in for rude awakening come tax season when there is no money left

The sad part is a good percentage of these guys getting big NIL contracts won’t pan out. They’ll buy a Benz, gold chain, diamond stud earrings and be broke.

I guess they’ll learn the old adage easy come, easy go early in their adult life. I hope these schools have some financial training or better yet a financial advisor to help these guys out.

This makes me sad. Our reward for going to a bowl game seems to be the gutting of our team. Yay. I have no ill will towards Duce and whomever follows him out the door, but it gets harder to be enthusiastic about college football every year.

This makes me sad. Our reward for going to a bowl game seems to be the gutting of our team. Yay. I have no ill will towards Duce and whomever follows him out the door, but it gets harder to be enthusiastic about college football every year.
The team in the bowl game is not going to be the same team who got there. How can you take the game seriously? With opt outs and transfers, who is this team?

Don't hate the player, hate the game. If im offered a job that pays me a lot more than im making then there's a good chance im gone. That said, it is getting harder and harder to be a fan of college football. If im the staff I would use 2/3rds of my scholarships every year on portal players. At least you can build some semblance of continuity with them. If a kid uses up their free transfer its a lot harder for them to transfer again and play right away at another school.
I mean you have a great point…. High school recruiting is SO MUCH LESS valuable now. Hence maybe why we have only 10 kids in our recruiting class right now.

I mean you have a great point…. High school recruiting is SO MUCH LESS valuable now. Hence maybe why we have only 10 kids in our recruiting class right now.
I said this in another thread. Why waste recruiting resources anymore? Just check out the portal and offer NIL $. It’s the new world whether we like it or not

The team in the bowl game is not going to be the same team who got there. How can you take the game seriously? With opt outs and transfers, who is this team?
NCAA needs to change the portal rules or the bowl schedule because this is BS. Having players around the country leaving their teams before the finale. Not good for the sport. I respect anyone transferring. But, the ncaa needs to wake up for the sake of the product.

The sad part is a good percentage of these guys getting big NIL contracts won’t pan out. They’ll buy a Benz, gold chain, diamond stud earrings and be broke.

I guess they’ll learn the old adage easy come, easy go early in their adult life. I hope these schools have some financial training or better yet a financial advisor to help these guys out.
This is a terrible take. Maybe some will buy a house for their family. You just don’t know.

Mass exodus. How funny.
What mass exodus? Two kids they would like to have retained have left. Meanwhile they have brought in two former SEC and B10 four stars and two lower division older OL with a lot of tape and snaps. Which is exactly how they should be using the portal.

As of this moment they are on the plus side of the portal wars.

Thats why Dino said he's looking at these practices and this game as preseason for next year.

He knows who is going

this is the swan song for the ncaa.and amateur college sports. no one is going to care what they say about anything. they have brought this on themselves. from now on vegas will run the show. college football and probably basketball as amateur sports is over. only the bigs will survive in this enviroment. sorry about the gloom but i am disgusted with this..

I said this in another thread. Why waste recruiting resources anymore? Just check out the portal and offer NIL $. It’s the new world whether we like it or not

Not a bad thought but the NIL $ doesn't come to from the University but the donor $ can certainly be redirected somehow by giving straight to an NIL type fund

Maybe this is why 87,000 new IRS agents were added. There should be a lot of tax dollars coming in from all these athletes.
Lol 99/100 of these athletes will fail to file correctly if not advised by the school. This will be their first step into the real world, and the utter shake down we receive as working Americans. Taketh when you maketh, taketh when you spendeth and taketh when you owneth

This is a terrible take. Maybe some will buy a house for their family. You just don’t know.

its not a terrible take in any way shape or form at all. it is real life.

and maybe some will buy a house for their family. but 99.99% wont make enough to buy a house. and generally speaking a 20 yr old is going to blow the money on some sort of depreciating asset.

I’d be surprised if anyone from our team ever actually transfers ‘up’. Don’t you see these moves as lateral at best? Is Duce good enough to play for Fran Brown at Georgia, will he see the field down there? Is he a top 15 starter?

It’s not going to be fun around here when the other names hit the Twitter verse soon
Man, i’ve only heard of whos definitely staying and thats a short list.

Theres four names I’m very worried about and I hope its none of them.

Interested to see who has the knife in our back taking Duce

Man, i’ve only heard of whos definitely staying and thats a short list.

Theres four names I’m very worried about and I hope its none of them.

Interested to see who has the knife in our back taking Duce
Defense mainly, correct? Outside Tucker

It’s not going to be fun around here when the other names hit the Twitter verse soon

Thanks for the info Jack, should be an interesting ride and good to know there will be hits to the roster, even ones we don't want. Curious on how this ledger sheet will look by fall 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom