CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Island CB? the kid was talented I would not ever question that, I do not like he left, but an Island CB? teams were not limiting their offense for Deuce, he was thrown at plenty. I will certainly take $$ bets that after next year or whenever his college days are done he will not be a round 1 or 2 draft pick, which an Island CB would certainly go.

Agreed, absolutely not an island CB.

I think you could even argue that teams decided to throw towards him occasionally

He gave up on plays occasionally

And was too cocky when he made insignificant plays

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…..

I like Duce, was one of my favorites. But at the end of the day, he’s not an irreplaceable loss.

The biggest factor with this is it means we are likely out of the race for Willy Love

Will Duce get $$$$? Have the players we brought in so far gotten $$$$?

We may find ourselves developing more interest in the 'non-revenue' sports like soccer because their rosters will be more stable and a school like Syracuse will have a better chance of doing well. Those images of the fans emptying the stands at the Monmouth game to watch the TVs in the backcourt area might be prescient.

LOL Soccer brought in how many transfers this last year?

I mean it paid off because they won a natty but let’s not think that this isn’t happening in every single sport.

In fact, I know kids have been told to commit to their first offer and even enroll at schools if they get a scholarship because they can always transfer to somewhere else after a year

Agreed, absolutely not an island CB.

I think you could even argue that teams decided to throw towards him occasionally

He gave up on plays occasionally

And was too cocky when he made insignificant plays

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…..

I like Duce, was one of my favorites. But at the end of the day, he’s not an irreplaceable loss.

The biggest factor with this is it means we are likely out of the race for Willy Love
Even after Willy's tweet today with Fatim Diggs?

We may find ourselves developing more interest in the 'non-revenue' sports like soccer because their rosters will be more stable and a school like Syracuse will have a better chance of doing well. Those images of the fans emptying the stands at the Monmouth game to watch the TVs in the backcourt area might be prescient.

Our "stable" soccer team had like a dozen transfers on it.

I can’t decide which Reel Big Fish song that the Transfer Portal is, it’s either, “Sellout” or “Everyone Else is an Ahole.”

Also, The Dark Side of the Transfer Portal series on the Vice Network in about 5 years is gonna be

There is no Dark Side of the Transfer Portal.

Matter of fact, it's all dark.

I don't. I hope he struggles on the football field and doesn't get drafted. Just being honest. He quit on us, I didn't quit on him. I can never truly quit SU football because I'm so emotionally tied to it. I'm struggling because they changed, I didn't change.

Oh sht we got an edgelord over here.

Island CB? the kid was talented I would not ever question that, I do not like he left, but an Island CB? teams were not limiting their offense for Deuce, he was thrown at plenty. I will certainly take $$ bets that after next year or whenever his college days are done he will not be a round 1 or 2 draft pick, which an Island CB would certainly go.
You can disagree with it, I certainly do, but he was always referenced as the kind of CB you can put on an island. That was his perception. I think he got exposed a bit this year and he doesn't play under control enough to be a lockdown corner but he could have developed into one. He may but it won't be here.

I know many people who dont take jobs worth a lot more because jobs have a cause and effect longer term than just the money.. leaving a school to take 25K instead of 5k because you hope that 2-3 yrs from now you can see the big pot of money can be short sited too,

It may end up being the best choice for some kids, it may be it isnt.
Correct. None of these situations are black and white. Lots of variables that need to be considered and weighted when making the decision. Those are all personal to the individual make the decision, not what we think. It will be interesting to see what kind of NIL deal he gets. From all reports Duce was very happy here, I am guessing there is enough money involved that it "moved the needle" for him to make the choice he made. Good thing is, we will likely get to see what the price was.

NCAA needs to change the portal rules or the bowl schedule because this is BS. Having players around the country leaving their teams before the finale. Not good for the sport. I respect anyone transferring. But, the ncaa needs to wake up for the sake of the product.
If they made a rule that you couldn't portal until the bowls were done, guys would just sit out the bowl game. Why would they risk injury?

I already have.

David332 will love this. He loves the Nebraska fan base
Wouldn't surprise me.

For Coach White implementing his system, will be much smoother if he brings 2-4 guys who have done well in it and know it.

And as much as we want to stomp our feet, Nebraska has more football specific boosters with cash to burn and a delusional, some what irrational desire to win than Syracuse does.

Duce's DC left? Kid is coveted by other schools that may be offering more money?

Replace him with someone better. We just showed we could make that kid an NFL draft prospect, you are a kid with upside and talent? Come to Cuse, we get guys paid. We'll showcase that you can be on an island and perform.

Duce is gone. Get better and grab someone else. Stop crying, get over it and go get someone we can all root for. It's go time. Want to be a winning program? This is the deal.
and Deuce was good here (especially as a frosh) , but this painting him as a shut down Deion Sanders clone is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.