CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we’ll be happy if Rocky Long brings his with him.

These guys are just operating in a new reality.
Transferring to play for your coach is one thing. Transferring because you’re getting a bag isn’t the same thing even if it is for your old coach. NIL was not supposed to be used in this way.

And that should be a recruiting violation.

No, Cuse should be working its tails off to be offering the same thing, which I 100% believe we are, for the targets we're looking at.

You can't sit on the sidelines and hope the NCAA does something.

Get on board, get good at it, and win some of these recruiting competitions or stop having a football program.

No, Cuse should be working its tails off to be offering the same thing, which I 100% believe we are, for the targets we're looking at.

You can't sit on the sidelines and hope the NCAA does something.

Get on board, get good at it, and win some of these recruiting competitions or stop having a football program.
I don’t disagree but it’s just another example of how disfunctional the NCAA is. We all knew this is what would end up happening.

Gonna be some schools trying to attach buyouts clauses to coaches taking kids with them.

If you leave, you owe us $x, plus $x/every student athlete that leaves our school for yours in 1 year.

Might be a tough negotiation, but I’d try it

Gonna be some schools trying to attach buyouts clauses to coaches taking kids with them.

If you leave, you owe us $x, plus $x/every student athlete that leaves our school for yours in 1 year.

Yeah, interesting idea.

The predatory aspect of this is nuts.

I don't have a solution for it. But it's the equivalent to free agent tampering in the NBA.

Which, I mean, is also a joke. But you get what I mean.

Blatantly and publicly stating that they're lining up a handful of Syracuse guys should trigger something. That's a big, bright red flag.

That's the first actual really good idea that's been presented that might be doable.

Then, of course, you'd have a dopey school like A&M waive it and give their coach 10 years guaranteed regardless...but still...

That's the first actual really good idea that's been presented that might be doable.

Then, of course, you'd have a dopey school like A&M waive it and give their coach 10 years guaranteed regardless...but still...
You put that $ in your NIL account. I mean, it’s essentially a player sale at that point.

If we’re gonna make it about money, make it work for both ends.

If we're going to be eaten by those above us then we need to start eating those below.

If we're going to be eaten by those above us then we need to start eating those below.
Serious Silence Of The Lambs GIF

The predatory aspect of this is nuts.

I don't have a solution for it. But it's the equivalent to free agent tampering in the NBA.

Which, I mean, is also a joke. But you get what I mean.

Blatantly and publicly stating that they're lining up a handful of Syracuse guys should trigger something. That's a big, bright red flag.
Yep. If the NCAA had a nutsack there would be a number of schools getting lit up with violations here. But I suspect nothing will happen.

Last edited:
Yep. If the NCAA has a nutsack there would be a number of schools getting lit up with violations here. But I suspect nothing will happen.
Prolly.

Im confident Duce will finish his career cementing himself as a quality CB with pro potential.

That said, Garrett Williams covered the other team’s #1 and Jahad Carter was the DB making things happen when GW went down. Duce got a bit exposed and could use some further developing. Who knows if he sees eye to eye on that.

Given that Deuce supposedly had secured the bag before hitting the portal, I’m surprised his destination hasn’t been announced yet.

Not an unusual thing in the business world. Lot of people have agreements that prohibit soliciting/poaching both clients and employees. Same should extend to coaches. Now they may not want to enforce it and adding a monetary penalty if they do is an interesting concept. Essentially allows it for a payout.

I live in Omaha but from Syracuse region. NU is a fine place and a nice state school, no doubt. Taxes are very high, almost zero toursm, cost of living is similar. SU is a elite private school with a 5 year value of at least 500k, so you are comparing apples to oranges. Big10 move was terrible for NU as they had it made in the Big8, they have more money now, but the chances of ever being elite again are almost nil especially when they split BIG divisions.

Portal has defntely forced parity as who would have thought SU would be better than NU the last 10 years in football? SU is also not elite, but you can definitely get to the NFL and get a great education, play in a power 5 conference.

Babers is a good coach and frankly feels good to have a African American leader who kids can look up to and learn from, escially when many of the players are African American. NU has never had a African American coach (they need to fix that) in any sport, so as a player you know you are going to live in a non diverse place and everyone will just view you as a football player. More snow in Syracuse, colder in NU. Both schools have pros/ cons. Hopefully ther new 12 team playoff allows teams like SU/ NU to have a chance going forward.

I don’t think anyone is asking you to follow his career? I’m just saying hopefully that adults should recognize he is allowed to make his own choice and him transferring doesn’t mean he is a bad person or that he is disrespecting the fanbase/school.
It also doesn't mean we need to cheer for him. Regardless of his heart felt post the kid turned his back on the coaches and teammates that got him to this point.
I dont wish him any ill will but im certainly not cheering for him.

It also doesn't mean we need to cheer for him. Regardless of his heart felt post the kid turned his back on the coaches and teammates that got him to this point.
I dont wish him any ill will but im certainly not cheering for him.
The problem a good player at Syracuse, who transfers to one of the big programs.
If you happen to have a couple bad games, you can get buried on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom