CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not forget that he got burned a ton this past year and last year

Yes he made some amazing plays but he also blew equally as many

Tough to see go, but not irreplaceable

He thinks he can make stud money somewhere, so be it.

This NIL stuff will be fixed once the NCAA starts losing some of its revenue on college football which is its cash cow and prize possession and that day is coming soon

It’s the other possible players we could lose that I’m most worried about. We’ve brought some players in but the next week or so could be a slaughter to the program and it’s hard to just keep replacing guys. Although I guess not impossible. Not even sure what to think at this point. Wait for NIL dust to settle

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of NIL money our players are getting? Obviously not enough to compete with other programs, but just curious.

Not sure the second part is valid since guys did stick around last year.

If we have the dreaded mass exodus let’s see how it works out for those guys. Football margins are so thin for starters at a place like us to leave seems like a needless risk.

Not sure the second part is valid since guys did stick around last year.

If we have the dreaded mass exodus let’s see how it works out for those guys. Football margins are so thin for starters at a place like us to leave seems like a needless risk.
Who stuck around last year? I really don’t know

Its kind of funny if people take a step back, not one angry post about picking up a kid from Alabama or Nebraska from the portal, but losing a player and people go bananas. Deuce was a very good player for us, but if you are going to lose a stud player CB is probably a position you can handle to lose one at. LB, DE on defense i would say would be a much bigger loss.

Its kind of funny if people take a step back, not one angry post about picking up a kid from Alabama or Nebraska from the portal, but losing a player and people go bananas. Deuce was a very good player for us, but if you are going to lose a stud player CB is probably a position you can handle to lose one at. LB, DE on defense i would say would be a much bigger loss.

Kid from Alabama was dq-ed from playing there.

This is all sorts of wrong. We lost someone classified as an "island CB" which if you ask anyone is a rarity. We picked up a guy who was disqualified to make roster space and a freshman that didn't play. I hope they come in and do great things but we are having to worry about losing starters. The bigger programs are dropping bench players with no future in their program. Happy to grab a some 4* guys lost on a bench at a football factory but to add depth not to replace proven starters.

I think we can all agree, in the midst of all this mayhem, it’s kinda funny that nobody responded this way about good ole’ Chad Schuster hitting the portal… lots of “best of lucks’s” & “hope he lands somewhere with a good fit” kinda stuff.

When Duce hits the portal it’s different, the system was the same for Chad as it was for Duce, haha.

You don't see the difference between a guy that never has and may never play a down here and a guy that started here from day one and most likely would have been a starter until he ran out of eligibility?

Would be surprised if Thompson leaves coming off a season-ending injury and would be surprised if Shrader leaves after saying he's finishing college here. My biggest concern is Wax, who as a LB was coached by White.
I'd say Tucker and Williams to draft, Wax and Caleb to NIL

Possibly Carter and Geer to NIL as well

I think we can all agree, in the midst of all this mayhem, it’s kinda funny that nobody responded this way about good ole’ Chad Schuster hitting the portal… lots of “best of lucks’s” & “hope he lands somewhere with a good fit” kinda stuff.

When Duce hits the portal it’s different, the system was the same for Chad as it was for Duce, haha.
Different situation. Schuster was given the talk.

The problem is under the Babers Syracuse has never done well in portal replacing guys who leave. We loose more than we acquire. Throw in mediocre recruiting classes and we are where we are. Its so hard following this program anymore.

Weitsman needs to attend practice today and start handing out checks
My hunch is he 1) couldn’t care less about the football team

And 2) cares nearly as little about paying out funds for non-surefire NFL All-pros

and he is tiny and and I mean small. Not only height wise but build wise. Fast athletic no doubt, but to your point he's really gonna struggle is my prediction, certainly against bigger players. This is a bad move, much like I said about Taj, this kid should have stayed here. Hopefully no one will call me a bad human this time for saying this though :)
I'm not sure if it was me last time - but in general if we have like 10% of the info and are making 100% proclamations ("this is a bad move") then it still doesn't make you a bad human lol.

I know it's a message board and we pontificate on major life choices of people we don't know in the interests of a sportz team, but I say in the spirit of being a Dad - making their own choices, even ones that end up with regret - is on the whole good. The system that was failed them just as much as the new one - but at least they are captains of their own ships

Was he dq-ed because he was medically unable to play or was he dq-ed out of convenience to Alabama so that they could fill his spot with another 4-5 star prospect? No need to respond, I know the answer.

We’ve dq-ed kids we could’ve used. Remember when Dr Tucker was the grim reaper?

Duce's DC left? Kid is coveted by other schools that may be offering more money?

Replace him with someone better. We just showed we could make that kid an NFL draft prospect, you are a kid with upside and talent? Come to Cuse, we get guys paid. We'll showcase that you can be on an island and perform.

Duce is gone. Get better and grab someone else. Stop crying, get over it and go get someone we can all root for. It's go time. Want to be a winning program? This is the deal.

The problem is under the Babers Syracuse has never done well in portal replacing guys who leave. We loose more than we acquire. Throw in mediocre recruiting classes and we are where we are. Its so hard following this program anymore.
This is only the second year of portal madness and we haven’t done too bad this year and last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom