CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some should transfer as they should have prior to the portal and not having to sit out the year. I also think some should take the money if it is available and they can benefit. I question some that have a path to success in their current situation, ( ie playing time and a possible shot at the NFL)

Duce was going to start here for 2 more years and that can almost be guaranteed. When he leaves sure he gets the money and that is his choice but new school, new situation. Say he did go to Nebraska, what if Rhule steps in with White and says something to the effect, I like this other kid better, I recruited him and he comes from a huge school where we want to develop a pipeline etc etc. He's a feshman and has more upside etc, all sorts of crazy things can happen. New school you have to start all over regardless of what was paid or guaranteed in the portal process. Taking a risk but is what it is and not my deal but Duce has earned his PT here and I am sure built some trust with not only White who is now gone but Swag and Dino as well.

No different than changing jobs nobody cares what you did at your old place of work. Starts all over. I give guys who have worked for us a lot longer leash if they have earned it over the years as opposed to a newer employee.
when things start to go that way those are data points kids will consider

when things start to go that way those are data points kids will consider
Some might have good advisors, parents, etc that preach this, but many kids will want to get theirs. Long-term future be damned.

Deuce is easy to recruit over. His negatives this past year were starting to show. For a P5 cb he is pretty slow. Bites too easy...doesn't recover well. He is aggressive but more and more at the wrong times. Nothing against his character or effort. A change of scenery might do him some good.

Last edited:
Deuce is easy to recruit over. His negatives this past year were starting to show. For a P5 cb he is pretty slow. Bites too easy...doesn't recover well. He is aggressive but more and more at the wrong times.
Its easy to notice when a CB gets beat down field. Much harder to notice how many times he took away a route that the offense was hoping to get. He was still honorable mention all acc. Aggressive corners get beat now and again. Very possible he can improve on those flaws. Success is not linear.

Last edited:
This is really turning into something where I don't even want to really watch college football anymore. Plus you can't even call any of these guys committed in a recruiting class because 50% of these guys that come for 1 year, 2 years then they leave go somewhere else and they leave there, etc!
it's ridiculous, whoever thought of this, I hate it
I'm replying to myself I mean I will never stop following and loving Syracuse because I just I've always adored this team I know it's been tough of late but losing Chestnut doesn't hurt as much getting that guy from Notre Dame and Alabama so you still have the ability to bring in big-time Talent I just wish that Duce would have stayed because the defense would have been pretty damn scary

Deuce is easy to recruit over. His negatives this past year were starting to show. For a P5 cb he is pretty slow. Bites too easy...doesn't recover well. He is aggressive but more and more at the wrong times. Nothing against his character or effort. A change of scenery might do him some good.
well gould will replace him so no problem

Has Duce mentioned any offers or is it a done deal where he is going?

So he either has a done deal or had a done deal until other schools offered other deals. It's surprising he has not tweeted about his offer which has to be Nebraska I would think. White has to be harvesting a few of his former players. Carter will probably end up there as well.

So he either has a done deal or had a done deal until other schools offered other deals. It's surprising he has not tweeted about his offer which has to be Nebraska I would think. White has to be harvesting a few of his former players. Carter will probably end up there as well.
Jahad?! Damn. Haven’t heard anything about him.

Has to be Miami, right?

Weren't they the ones who tried to pry him away last year with a bag?

I suppose someone that has the means could do so if that is what it's about for him.
If his cost is $100k, and knowing you have two returning CBs with a season of experience and the #47 overall in last years class coming at db, and there are higher priority guys to retain, would you pay it?

Last edited:
If his cost is $100k, and knowing you have two returning CBs with a season of experience and the #47 overall in last years class coming at db, and there are higher priority guys to retain, would you pay it?

Impossible to answer without knowing costs of all players, market conditions, other offers and how much money you have to spend.

He has value. What that is we will probably never know as the data is not available to us.

I would have considered him and Carter integral parts of next years defense prior to all of the portalling.

If this was a payroll situation I would have had him Top 6 on the whole roster for next year prior to portal activity.

Edit: This is assuming Bergeron and Jones declare.

Duce is doing an IG live. Someone asked if there's a chance he returns to Cuse and his response was, "yes there's a chance I'll return to Cuse, there's always a chance of returning home." I'm not holding my breath, but it certainly doesn't seem like he's unhappy at Cuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom