CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duce is doing an IG live. Someone asked if there's a chance he returns to Cuse and his response was, "yes there's a chance I'll return to Cuse, there's always a chance of returning home." I'm not holding my breath, but it certainly doesn't seem like he's unhappy at Cuse.
Gotta believe Duce is still on campus and he is seeing Swag going crazy recruiting, former top 300s joining the team, new DC and White mentor coming in and only Carter dippin. The rest of his friends for the moment are still there. Interesting comment by Duce.

Rumor amongst Miami “insiders” was that they offered him $300k and they thought they would get him. He stayed. Think about it.
300k for Jones? Wouldn't you think that means he is going to the NFL?

So he either has a done deal or had a done deal until other schools offered other deals. It's surprising he has not tweeted about his offer which has to be Nebraska I would think. White has to be harvesting a few of his former players. Carter will probably end up there as well.
what makes everyone think Tony White is going to poach players from his former coach? A lot of people wouldn't do that. It's different if it's a HC leaving, but not an assistant. I bet it's Miami, or someone you wouldn't think.

what makes everyone think Tony White is going to poach players from his former coach? A lot of people wouldn't do that. It's different if it's a HC leaving, but not an assistant. I bet it's Miami, or someone you wouldn't think.
Because talented players can be onfield coaches and help the others with calls, positioning, etc. Thats why coaches in the NFL bring in former players who are familiar to their offenses or defenses. It’s a no brainer. I am not saying it is definitely going to happen but it would make a ton of sense.

Because talented players can be onfield coaches and help the others with calls, positioning, etc. Thats why coaches in the NFL bring in former players who are familiar to their offenses or defenses. It’s a no brainer. I am not saying it is definitely going to happen but it would make a ton of sense.
I'm just saying I don't think he would personally try to do that to Dino. Call me a sentimental

Coaches have jobs.

Players are student - athletes (really, it's true) with an eligibility clock. It's not the same thing.

I think a kid like this is taking a needless risk from a football point of view but whatever, onward.
Agree, if they aren’t happy after transferring don’t they have to sit out a year if they want to transfer again? Pretty short time for these young players to make such important decision for non graduate transfers when their options will be limited if they realize they made a mistake.

No one is asking you to cheer for them. It’s was the first sentence in my post. That being said, Hiurs because you’re not cheering for someone and they don’t play for your team doesn’t mean they are a bad person. That is a child’s mindset that many fans have trouble letting go of.
I have only one problem with the portal, and that is it seems to be one sided. A player can enter the portal but then if no one bites or he does not like who bites he can stay where he is. This causes great disruption on the original team, especially in teams with upcoming bowls.
Fine enter the portal, but once you do, do not expect to automatically be able to stand pat with your original team.

I have only one problem with the portal, and that is it seems to be one sided. A player can enter the portal but then if no one bites or he does not like who bites he can stay where he is. This causes great disruption on the original team, especially in teams with upcoming bowls.
Fine enter the portal, but once you do, do not expect to automatically be able to stand pat with your original team.

Problem with this logic, if a cuse player is in the portal and it’s a good player, we will want them back. If they are in the portal and it’s not a great player, chances are we told them to look elsewhere anyways.

Why? How many times do coaches interview for jobs and then come back? How many times have YOU interviewed jobs and then not left? This is a job and it should be treated like one.

This is where CuseRunner would chime in demanding that we give Duce an ultimatum to let us know if he’s definitely leaving or definitely staying.

The team he leaves is not obligated to take him back.

Is it possible Duce is in the portal to see what type of cash he can get? Wouldn’t be a bad strategy. Then, see if you can get a match to stay put.
Never fall for the counter offer.

Idc about the NIL money, I have a huge problem with tampering. Something needs to be done about that.
Likely only way that happens is the school a player is transferring from identifies it and notifies the NCAA. NCAA isn't going to adequately address it otherwise and maybe not even with such a tip

So what did the tweet say?!

It was PFF’s (I think) list of the Top 10 portal guys.

Devin Leary was 1.
DJU was 2. (which is a joke)
Duce was 8.

Dunno why it got nuked.

Syracuse may recruit/portal over him.

Agreed 144%.

I’m looking at it this way:

Duce (& Ja’Had) had, at most, 1 more year to play here.

And yes, it’s a bummer to lose them.

These new guys, we’ve now got for 2-3 years.

So, assuming they play well, that’s a net-positive for the program.

Agreed 144%.

I’m looking at it this way:

Duce (& Ja’Had) had, at most, 1 more year to play here.

And yes, it’s a bummer to lose them.

These new guys, we’ve now got for 2-3 years.

So, assuming they play well, that’s a net-positive for the program.
Yeah, to me its like telling your job you’re happy doing the work but open to opportunities elsewhere.

That doesn’t always land you a sweet raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom