CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it’s just scrubby. No integrity.

I wouldn’t shake any of these guy’s hands at midfield after the game. Straight to the locker room.
Coaches have been doing it for decades. God forbid the kids get a taste.

I have only one problem with the portal, and that is it seems to be one sided. A player can enter the portal but then if no one bites or he does not like who bites he can stay where he is. This causes great disruption on the original team, especially in teams with upcoming bowls.
Fine enter the portal, but once you do, do not expect to automatically be able to stand pat with your original team.
Except this is not true... once you enter the portal, the door has to be opened to come back. Your scholarship is no longer guaranteed. Currently once you get the scholarship it is guaranteed for four years. If you enter the portal, the scholarship can be rescinded by the school. Your current team has to allow/want you to come back.

If he is testing out the market, by all means. Someone else said this in an earlier thread. We all look for other jobs and interview elsewhere. If we think there is something better, we take it. However, I have seen this many times, people who want to leave and come back (for money/promises etc...) never stay as in their hearts they were not happy to begin with. From what I can recall Duce was a one and done (like Cisco).

Its sad to me as i put big bucks on Moneyline for Cuse to beat MN (before knowing about Tucker) LOL. Thank you to both Duce and Tucker for a few good years. Much appreciate their talent

GO CUSE

After some internet sleuthing it looks like Iowa is involved here.
iowa applause GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Iowa has had a top 15 defense 6 years running now...with 20 active former defensive players in the NFL
Yep, they wouldn't be my top choice as an offensive player (except for TE) - but they are a heck of a defensive program. That's the only thing that's kept them competitive the last 2 seasons.

Is he transferring strictly for NIL $$? Seems really weird considering he will be going pro after next season. He was in a really good situation as far as pt and being allowed to play on an island at ‘Cuse and show his skills for next level.

I think some of these transfers are the grass isn’t always greener type situation.

I would not want to play for Iowa. To each their own but not a team I would transfer to from here.

Thing is they have no issue putting their defense out there most of the game. B10 gets lots of exposure too. Pair that with the amount of pros from that D and could see a lot of reasons to go there as a defender.

I would like to point out that Iowa….IOWA!!!!….has deep pockets because of the B1G TV contract.

We are in an uphill battle.
That tv contract money doesn’t apply to NIL.

I would like to point out that Iowa….IOWA!!!!….has deep pockets because of the B1G TV contract.

We are in an uphill battle.
I don’t think we’re in a battle at all. He’s gone and SU replaced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom