CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is he announces when bowls are done as to not distract from the team

How exactly would his announcement distract the team?
He said distract from the team, not distract the team.
Meaning the focus should be on the players playing this week, not the ones opting out. Not sure if that is the actual reason though.

He said distract from the team, not distract the team.
Meaning the focus should be on the players playing this week, not the ones opting out. Not sure if that is the actual reason though.
Or maybe distract the team he’s going to. Ooh, so many ways to interpret the cryptic post!

congrats to all the "NIL pay the players " crowd. this is what you have wrought. destruction of college sports.
Disagree in the medium term. I think incumbent players will eventually recognize that their future will be better served staying with the program they are in the starting spot with. Transferring for a bit of NIL but not starting or worse yet, not seeing the playing field is a bad decision - even if you don't like your current coach et al. Being on the field and demonstrating what you are should be the most important part of the stay/transfer decision for most top players.

Last edited:
This thing with announcing alma mater in NFL games fascinates me. Does that really matter to any player or recruit?

Does it matter more than winning? No.

Does having SU come up as an alma mater for players on Sunday and Monday night football, as well as during the draft, help our image in the eyes of 16-18 year olds, and also make it harder to negatively recruit against us? Yes.

Impossible to measure, but it’s relevant.

This thing with announcing alma mater in NFL games fascinates me. Does that really matter to any player or recruit?
I think they should include his history, not just the last school.

One thing that is cool about the announcement is that we as viewers can see that many of the starters on NFL teams come from diverse background's - they are not all from P5.

people were happy to allow Wilson to come back. If Duce or Jahad decided to return, SU fans would take them back with open arms and likely be very excited to see them on the field in the fall.

sure some peoples feelings would be hurt, because people largely take a player (or recruit) choosing to go elsewhere as a personal attack on themselves, almost as if the player is saying “you aren’t good enough” to their face, and that causes a lot of hurt feelings. First INT of the season 99.4% of people would forget all about that and be excited he’s still competing for us. Not to mention 4 years later when he’s starting in a MNF game and he says “Duce Chestnut - Syracuse” we’d all be thrilled to have him have stayed

Wilson changed his mind within a couple of days. Clearly made an irrational decision without thinking it through over a coaching change.

Last edited:
Agree. The staff's will highlight the former players, as they always have. I don't think the NFL bios are a deciding factor. I also don't think having a track record of recruiting and developing players to Portal to bigger schools and ultimately the NFL isn't helpful either. I know Syracuse fans don't want to be on that wrung of the pecking order but, here we are.

I think they should include his history, not just the last school.

One thing that is cool about the announcement is that we as viewers can see that many of the starters on NFL teams come from diverse background's - they are not all from P5.
Not fer long

Disagree in the medium term. I think incumbent players will eventually recognize that their future will be better served staying with the program they are in the starting spot with. Transferring for a bit of NIL but not starting or worse yet, not seeing the playing field is a bad decision - even if you don't like your current coach et al. Being on the field and demonstrating what you are should be the most important part of the stay/transfer decision for most top players.
ingenue. what color is your sky ? must be green.

people were happy to allow Wilson to come back. If Duce or Jahad decided to return, SU fans would take them back with open arms and likely be very excited to see them on the field in the fall.

sure some peoples feelings would be hurt, because people largely take a player (or recruit) choosing to go elsewhere as a personal attack on themselves, almost as if the player is saying “you aren’t good enough” to their face, and that causes a lot of hurt feelings. First INT of the season 99.4% of people would forget all about that and be excited he’s still competing for us. Not to mention 4 years later when he’s starting in a MNF game and he says “Duce Chestnut - Syracuse” we’d all be thrilled to have him have stayed
Duce should have played in the bowl game “with his brothers”, and after the season was over transferred to wherever he decided to go. Jeremiah quickly changed his mind and played in the bowl game.

I think it used to mean something. Many players mention the high school they attended. It doesn’t mean anything to anyone anymore. Just an opinion.

Duce should do what's best for himself. Wilson is not in the same situation as him.

He absolutely should do what’s best for him but it would have been nice if he helped his brothers finish the season. I don’t know if it’s possible for him to come back even if he wanted to now. As a player I wouldn’t want him back after abandoning the team.

He absolutely should do what’s best for him but it would have been nice if he helped his brothers finish the season. I don’t know if it’s possible for him to come back even if he wanted to now. As a player I wouldn’t want him back after abandoning the team.
Of course , losing impact players hurts. They would have helped all these teams in their bowl games but they all have different situations that makes it hard to do that. How many impact portal guys played in the bowl games so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom