CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what we want but you can take advantage of being a feeder program to at least beat out our peers for the under the radar 3 star kids.
You can't spin this.

If we knew LSU was involved you could have locked this up weeks ago. They paid Orgeron 17.1M to go away. Whatever collective SU cannot compete with that.

This will probably continue to happen. SU finds kids that are underrated and coaches them up. They then bolt for bigger programs. Carter and Duce were both freshman All Americans. It’s tough to move up in the ACC standings when you lose two of your very best defensive players. I don’t care who you’re bringing in.
Happy for Duce and any player who can improve their situation, but I can’t hide my disdain for the unbalance this is going to bring. Schools like Cuse identify talent, make them qualified pro players, and then lose the player with limited benefit. As much as I’m happy for the players who benefit, my allegiance is to Cuse and this sucks.

Happy for Duce and any player who can improve their situation, but I can’t hide my disdain for the unbalance this is going to bring. Schools like Cuse identify talent, make them qualified pro players, and then lose the player with limited benefit. As much as I’m happy for the players who benefit, my allegiance is to Cuse and this sucks.
We’re the Montreal Expos and these Big Ten and SEC powers are the Yankees.

What is this improving your situation I keep seeing on this board? Are people living out of a hotel or going hungry? They're cashing out and that's fine, but stop using imaginary stories as a cover.

A feeder program for the big boys. Awesome
On the other hand we have players coming in from ND and Nebraska, both highly recruited kids, so there’s that.

Sucks we lost him but he went to L$U.

He made bank, and still has good things to say about Cuse.

He will play Sunday's.

He gave us good years.

Lock down the thread and let's move on.
I wonder when he is in the NFL if he will identify his college as Cuse or LSU during the game intros….

Thanks to Duce for his contributions to the program while he was here. I hope he gets a lot of money from the LSU donors who bought him and wish him well in the future.

Last edited:
Nonsense. Two guys. BFD

And SU has brought in guys from the SEC and B10. Talent is going to cycle.
Two of the best players leaving your team to go play somewhere else in college is not normal.

Usually the guys that transfer don’t play and want a new start….like the guys we’re bringing in.

We aren’t bringing in anyone’s best players.

Two of the best players leaving your team to go play somewhere else in college is not normal.

Usually the guys that transfer don’t play and want a new start….like the guys we’re bringing in.

We aren’t bringing in anyone’s best players.
Actually it’s happened to a lot of teams.

This is a curious choice. If he wanted to showcase himself as a lockdown corner for next year’s draft (which is where the big NFL money is, not for nickels or even safeties) staying at SU was arguably a better choice. CBS listed the talent LSU has at cb and it’s really deep; there’s a decent chance he may not be starting by mid year.

People just need to move on, he’s gone got paid a bunch of money to fill some holes, hopefully he gets to the NFL. Other than that don’t care. This is what will happen in college football every year now. Lose 7-10 to the portal every year and some will hurt more than others.

But honestly good for this kid. 100k fans at games. Their team is going to be loaded next year and will compete for natty. And he def got some money. For the kid, those are all wins. Obviously this comes at the fans and SU’s expense but I’m all for 20 year olds helping themselves and their families

I hope he doesnt play and heres why. We cant have our best players leaving every year. We have it hard enough. We need a precedent of players leaving and it not being greener. Sorry Duce, its not personal.

That said, I otherwise wish him much success and happiness.

I hope he doesnt play and heres why. We cant have our best players leaving every year. We have it hard enough. We need a precedent of players leaving and it not being greener. Sorry Duce, its not personal.

That said, I otherwise wish him much success and happiness.
He may not play. But he got paid.

This is a curious choice. If he wanted to showcase himself as a lockdown corner for next year’s draft (which is where the big NFL money is, not for nickels or even safeties) staying at SU was arguably a better choice. CBS listed the talent LSU has at cb and it’s really deep; there’s a decent chance he may not be starting by mid year.
JK Johnson is transferring to LSU.

The former Ohio State cornerback announced his commitment to LSU on Sunday, becoming the second former Buckeye cornerback in as many years to take his talents to Baton Rouge.

So an OSU CB is also transferring to LSU. New world of the transfer portal is that all schools are losing people so it is not just SU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom