CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_8593.jpeg
but really

Nova Scotia

Playing on a ten loss team didn’t hurt Andre. If you’re an NFL player, you will get drafted. If you can’t make the field, doesn’t matter where you play.

I’d argue the extra playing time helps some of our fringe NFL guys get drafted. But it’s hard to turn down an Ohio State or LSU. Guys bet on themselves.

I still think long term transfer portal improves parity and helps teams like Syracuse. With a decent NiL program, we can retain the key guys and improve through the portal. We won’t keep every guy but having respected coaches who don’t oversell, helps us. Guys ultimately want to play, especially after sitting at a factory or seeing other transfers fail to play. The guys we get to transfer in are seeing the field.
I still believe with the “New” NIL portal will land us on the net negative side, but being able to point to cases like Duce/Carter/Geer could be references to point out for the next years class of transfers. Despite their lack of production at their new schools they were proven, all-league, commodities at SU. It looks like Wohlabaugh and potentially More could have been our best portal pick ups, but we have yet to see More compete so that’s still a question mark. I do ultimately think Jerry > Duce so if Duce leaving saved Jerry from the portal that’s an ultimate win.

i think this years in/out portal action will tell a lot whether it will benefit or hurt Cuse in the long run.

Both will have to really show out at the combine, but I suspect now they’ll both have to make teams as UDFA’s.

I believe both would’ve been drafted staying at Syracuse, being starters and piling up stats.
they might get an invite to the combine

Don’t know why people get so up and arms about this stuff lol, it’s so small and just takes from your life
It’s the world we live in, so relax and enjoy what you have and not what you don’t have

We are living in a world where either you keep up with it or you get left behind, it’s that simple.
And I’m not saying that’s necessarily a bad thing, I can empathize with people not wanting to proceed with where the word is going
But to be steadily in denial about the fact that things are fast changing and still wanting to live in that past version of history..
There’s a good chance you might miss the good things that are still right in front of you.
Do I wish my grandma was still around to cheer for me on the sidelines?
Yes of course, without a question.
But do I live everyday wishing she was still here… Absolutely not.
Sometimes you have to just take the good with the bad and keep it pushing.
Let the good memories stay forever if you will…

Duce made a decision that he felt was best for him, just like Jahad Carter did, just like Garrett Shrader did….and just like bunch of our other players did and thousands of young people are doing all around the country, in all sports.
These athletes wanted to be treated more like professionals for decades and now that’s reality for them. There’s no point in critiquing and criticizing all these athletes decisions. It’s their life and they get to choose what to do with it and they have to live with the results, just like you do just like I do.
The game has changed. Duce transferred to one of the top universities for football, a place that he had dreams about as a kid.
Can you fault him?
I certainly can’t and anyway his story is still being written and I actually wish him well and hope his dreams become reality. He is a junior and has a senior season left and can still turn pro after that. No ill will and best of luck Duce ✌

I’m focused on enjoying our team and our guys that are trying to bring Cuse football back to the top and am ready to stand with them through thick and thin..

There’s life outside of this

But still represent for Orange !
Welcome to the syracusefan message board

JR...we need to reach out to CNY Central to do a story
CNY Central will be at the Clemson tailgate to cover the drawing for the Floyd Little jersey. Samantha Croston is trying to sell a story the week of the game highlighting Lorna’s background and what led her to donate the jersey. Texted with Sam last night.

Duce is apparently #2 on the LSU depth chart. If accurate and NIL aside, did he do himself any good to transfer to an SEC team as a backup rather than starting for us?

Interesting question- only time will tell.

Duce is apparently #2 on the LSU depth chart. If accurate and NIL aside, did he do himself any good to transfer to an SEC team as a backup rather than starting for us?

I think if Duce stays…Jerry bounces….I like where we are currently. Loved what Duce did for us. Hope he kills it.

I forget, is this his last year of eligibility?

If I win the Mega Millions or Power Ball I'll set up the matching collective. Essentially any player we don't want to leave come to my collective and give us a chance to match or beat any NIL offer you get.

He was actually 3rd string on the pre game Arkansas depth chart. The transfer from SE Louisiana was starting and then another underclassman i believe

He was actually 3rd string on the pre game Arkansas depth chart. The transfer from SE Louisiana was starting and then another underclassman i believe
Yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors