CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he regressed? He was great as a true freshman when he was picked on when teams tried to stay away from Garrett Williams. Soph season he was still a good tackler but he got picked on pretty often, especially on double moves. He does look a little heavier than he used to. Who knows what happened? Maybe he got some money and wasn't as hungry as before? All we know is that he has clearly regressed.
Anything can happen if you transfer to a school that recruits like that. He could come back here and be better than ever.

It is what it is. I’ll root against players that transfer to schools we play. Worried about Girard hitting circus shots against us he’d never hit if he was playing for us.

Chestnut would have to put in major academic work to make a transfer back to Syracuse possible as a grad transfer.. Its not impossible but he'd have to have a major course load in the spring at LSU and probably summer school. Not impossible but I also wouldn't get my hopes up.

Chestnut would have to put in major academic work to make a transfer back to Syracuse possible as a grad transfer.. Its not impossible but he'd have to have a major course load in the spring at LSU and probably summer school. Not impossible but I also wouldn't get my hopes up.
Keep in mind he was an early enrollee, so assuming he is in school somewhere through May he will have had 7 semesters plus summer sessions. Not that much of a stretch.

Keep in mind he was an early enrollee, so assuming he is in school somewhere through May he will have had 7 semesters plus summer sessions. Not that much of a stretch.

That's true but again even as an early enrollee its unlikely he was taking a massive case load and often players are taking reduced course loads during fball season for obvious reasons. Hopefully he has done some solid work in summer school and he would in theory have the coming spring semester and summer school to potentially get his degree.

Where is all this speculation of him coming back to SU originating from? Him not getting on the field? NIL money seemed like a big factor in him leaving. I don't see him coming back to Cuse and checking that box if that was the reason why he left.

Where is all this speculation of him coming back to SU originating from? Him not getting on the field? NIL money seemed like a big factor in him leaving. I don't see him coming back to Cuse and checking that box if that was the reason why he left.

Well, he attended the Pinstripe bowl after he transferred

All he shares is Syracuse stuff on his instagram

He suddenly was left off of the travel roster last week

He was rumored to be at the game on Saturday

It’s all completely speculation…

if they're only 4 games into the season, couldn't he take this as a redshirt/transfer year if enters the portal and be eligible immediately grad transfer or not?

Well, he attended the Pinstripe bowl after he transferred

All he shares is Syracuse stuff on his instagram

He suddenly was left off of the travel roster last week

He was rumored to be at the game on Saturday

It’s all completely speculation…
he also posted something to the effect of, "Syracuse will always be my home."

if they're only 4 games into the season, couldn't he take this as a redshirt/transfer year if enters the portal and be eligible immediately grad transfer or not?
No, he used his one free pass to go to LSU.
To not sit he would have to be a grad transfer.

No, he used his one free pass to go to LSU.
To not sit he would have to be a grad transfer.
There is always the mental health defense.

season 3 GIF

I have mixed feelings. He left and I have let him go. But if he wants to come back, he starts at bottom and fights his way back. I'm concerned he can't get on field for his current team. what sort of state does that put us in with our defensive backfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom