Class of 2017 - CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

All due respect, Ify's Orange as long as no offer is on the table from UM. Whether he announces it or not doesn't really matter because if he gets the UM offer, IMO, he's out.

I'm willing to bet that his fax is one of the last one's in on NSD, if it comes.

All due respect, Ify's Orange as long as no offer is on the table from UM. Whether he announces it or not doesn't really matter because if he gets the UM offer, IMO, he's out.

I'm willing to bet that his fax is one of the last one's in on NSD, if it comes.

On this I am going to have to disagree with you B. I think you are selling SU and the coaching staff short. Not all kids respond to the siren song.

On this I am going to have to disagree with you B. I think you are selling SU and the coaching staff short. Not all kids respond to the siren song.
Very fair CL. I just want to note, my personal opinion in regards to this recruitment is not because I think our staff is dropping the ball... On the contrary, I think they are beyond excellent, truly lucky to have them from a coaching and recruiting standpoint.

My personal opinion on Ify is based off of how he's responded to a couple of things.

It may never even become an issue. I wont cry either way because that's the game, but, I really do hope that we get the chance to develop him.

Maybe he said no thanks to UM. Harbaugh and their DC were not even on campus when he visited. Not all kids see just bright lights.

I personally feel this dead period should be totally just that dead, no contact, any way any how. This way the the kids can talk with their parents and coaches the last few days before NSD. The college coaches have had all year to wine and dine these kids.

I personally feel this dead period should be totally just that dead, no contact, any way any how. This way the the kids can talk with their parents and coaches the last few days before NSD. The college coaches have had all year to wine and dine these kids.
The kid always has the option of not answering a phone call, text or dm.

My personal opinion on Ify is based off of how he's responded to a couple of things.

Interested in what these things would be. Since from what I've seen, most of the doubt is based on his coach's comments, and a newspaper reporter, both of whom I don't think cast a lot of insight into this situation.

Interested in what these things would be. Since from what I've seen, most of the doubt is based on his coach's comments, and a newspaper reporter, both of whom I don't think cast a lot of insight into this situation.
Has nothing at all to do with a small reporter sensationalizing for clicks with literally no information...

Nothing to really say with this one. If Michigan offers tonight or tomorrow, he's gone. If they don't, he stays.

Cut and dry.

Maybe he said no thanks to UM. Harbaugh and their DC were not even on campus when he visited. Not all kids see just bright lights.

Oh really? Thats an interesting bit of info. Slap in the face that they were not there if i am a recruit.

Sam Webb ‏@SamWebb77 1m1 minute ago
Hearing 2017 Grafton (Mass.) S Ifeatu Melifonwu decided to stick with Syracuse pledge. Michigan may have been considering extending an offer
If true, great news. Glad to eat crow. ✅ 1 for Dino and the boys...

Never disagree with the wise words of our very own...
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Update from the mgoblog dbag

Ifeatu Melifonwu: I think I can pronounce it now
MA S Ifeatu Melifonwu did not immediately flip from Syracuse after his official; in fact, Wiltfong reports that he returned to Syracuse this weekend. It's unclear whether Michigan has offered at this point or if they're waiting to see how things work out with the non-weird guys on the board.

Either way, Melifonwu has decided to do a hat thing on NSD:

It's odd, but Melifonwu is a guy I'd really like Michigan to add. They don't have a lot of safeties, is brother is headed for the early rounds of the NFL draft, and Don Brown is familiar with the area and the family. I'd be more bummed about missing out on him than one of the WRs despite the WRs being highly touted folks.

mgoblog.com/content/monday-recruitin-just-two-days-away

Yep. Sure no news available to be reported out of that OV weekend. :bat:
I don't think Ifeatu confirmed to any member of the media about any decision from his OV this weekend. More likely Sam Webb, who is a Michigan insider for Scout, is hearing things from Michigan about who will be signing on Wed.

I don't think Ifeatu confirmed to any member of the media about any decision from his OV this weekend. More likely Sam Webb, who is a Michigan insider for Scout, is hearing things from Michigan about who will be signing on Wed.

Melifonwu may not have but a member of the media is reporting information on it. I would imagine the Syracuse staff also knows who will and won't be signing on Wednesday and a member of the media with a connection to the staff could probably report on that just like Sam Webb did with Michigan.

Melifonwu may not have but a member of the media is reporting information on it. I would imagine the Syracuse staff also knows who will and won't be signing on Wednesday and a member of the media with a connection to the staff could probably report on that just like Sam Webb did with Michigan.

Maybe, unless our staff is going to let the kid have his moment of suspense.

Ding ding ding ding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom