Class of 2017 - CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Update from the mgoblog dbag

Ifeatu Melifonwu: I think I can pronounce it now
MA S Ifeatu Melifonwu did not immediately flip from Syracuse after his official; in fact, Wiltfong reports that he returned to Syracuse this weekend. It's unclear whether Michigan has offered at this point or if they're waiting to see how things work out with the non-weird guys on the board.

Either way, Melifonwu has decided to do a hat thing on NSD:

It's odd, but Melifonwu is a guy I'd really like Michigan to add. They don't have a lot of safeties, is brother is headed for the early rounds of the NFL draft, and Don Brown is familiar with the area and the family. I'd be more bummed about missing out on him than one of the WRs despite the WRs being highly touted folks.

mgoblog.com/content/monday-recruitin-just-two-days-away

[Update: Sam's latest update says Michigan has four slots left, but "could push it to five." A sweep of the offered guys other than Tufele would apparently shut Melifonwu out.]

Sad!

[Update: Sam's latest update says Michigan has four slots left, but "could push it to five." A sweep of the offered guys other than Tufele would apparently shut Melifonwu out.]

Sad!
Sad but good

Yes.. then why did this news leak out from the Michigan Scout guy and not the one covering SU?

The point is that our PS guys have zero ability to even report on something like this if it could come out because they have zero sources in the program to work.

That has and will always be my biggest gripe with how their format has changed. We've traded less timely recruiting information (i.e. signing day summaries) and insight into the program's inner workings for more timely recruiting information (recruiting website regurgitations and nicely formatted articles of public domain information about recruits) and zero insight into the program.

Practically everything the PS reports on for recruiting I can get from Scout, with more detailed insight and insider information in addition. What do I need the PS's info for? Half of it or more I can look up on Google anyway.

The point is that our PS guys have zero ability to even report on something like this if it could come out because they have zero sources in the program to work.

That has and will always be my biggest gripe with how their format has changed. We've traded less timely recruiting information (i.e. signing day summaries) and insight into the program's inner workings for more timely recruiting information (recruiting website regurgitations and nicely formatted articles of public domain information about recruits) and zero insight into the program.

Practically everything the PS reports on for recruiting I can get from Scout, with more detailed insight and insider information in addition. What do I need the PS's info for? Half of it or more I can look up on Google anyway.
Point taken. You don't need it but it does fills a need for some. Personally I would never pay for recruiting info as I can find most of what is of interest to me from the web or other sources.

They don't report on good things, only news. They refuse to do PR. ;)

giphy.gif

In Dino & Co. I trust. Just give him a shot and he can seal the deal!

I really don't like that Michigan is pulling a bunch of kids from NJ and New England. Glad this kid stuck with us though, Michigan isn't just taking borderline kids to fill out a class. They will be top 5 or top 10 recruiting class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom