Class of 2025 - CG Derek Dixon (DC) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 CG Derek Dixon (DC) Offered

If so we're balls to the wall for Lewis.

We are.

But so is every other blue chip program. We're kind of in new / semi-uncharted territory, because the previous head coach didn't go after players like this for the better part of a decade, or initially would but would then opt out when the competition level ratcheted up a notch. And now we have B. Straughn, who is supposed to be a bulldog recruiter.

But we have an uphill climb for Lewis. Still in the fight, but it is tough when you face the Dukes, Kansases, UNCs etc. of the world. And by the way, I'm not predicting that we can't land him, or that we won't -- just that when you target an elite prospect, said prospect is going to have elite offers.

Portal helps mitigate that risk, to some extent; when you push the chips in on an elite prospect, you miss out on other HS prospects who might be close in talent [or at least, good fits for your team]. And if you miss on the elite prospect you're chasing, those other guys are usually gone by then, because most players don't want to be second priority -- they find other programs that prioritize them more. But if you swing and miss, the portal gives you a mulligan opportunity, in the sense that you can go out and get a proven commodity at that same position [versus having to "settle" for a last minute alternative].

Last edited:
We are.

But so is every other blue chip program. We're kind of in new / semi-uncharted territory, because the previous head coach didn't go after players like this for the better part of a decade, or initially would but would then opt out when the competition level ratcheted up a notch. And now we have B. Straughn, who is supposed to be a bulldog recruiter.

But we have an uphill climb for Lewis. Still in the fight, but it is tough when you face the Dukes, Kansases, UNCs etc. of the world.
Yup but at least now we have the portal to fall back on and offer a ton of PT too if a top pg is not plucked from hs this cycle. Love the no fear attitude, was missing for a longggg time

We are.

But we have an uphill climb for Lewis. Still in the fight, but it is tough when you face the Dukes, Kansases, UNCs etc. of the world. And by the way, I'm not predicting that we can't land him, or that we won't -- just that when you target an elite prospect, said prospect is going to have elite offers.

Portal helps mitigate that risk, to some extent; when you push the chips in on an elite prospect, you miss out on other HS prospects who might be close in talent [or at least, good fits for your team]. And if you miss on the elite prospect you're chasing, those other guys are usually gone by then, because most players don't want to be second priority -- they find other programs that prioritize them more. But if you swing and miss, the portal gives you a mulligan opportunity, in the sense that you can go out and get a proven commodity at that same position [versus having to "settle" for a last minute alternative].
Acaden is down to Uconn, Duke, Syracuse

One thing we have a leg up on the other schools recruiting Lewis…we have told him from day 1, you will be our starting pg from day 1. Every other school has some type of logjam.
Nice. Hopefully we start using the Dome as an advantage again. There is no place else where you can play in front of 30,000 crazy fans. That might not suit every kid, but I know that would be a huge plus for me.

One thing we have a leg up on the other schools recruiting Lewis…we have told him from day 1, you will be our starting pg from day 1. Every other school has some type of logjam.
Is Acaden friends with Sadiq and Kiyan?

light competition for us. :)
Awesome.

But I think my point from above stands. To those programs are recruiting at the pinnacle, and our considered elite programs right now. We're trying to get back to that status.

Again, doesn't mean that we can't prevail, just that it's a tough uphill crime against that level of competition.

Nice. Hopefully we start using the Dome as an advantage again. There is no place else where you can play in front of 30,000 crazy fans. That might not suit every kid, but I know that would be a huge plus for me.
Absolutely. And we need to start winning again, to increase attendance totals and make the impression that we are a program on the rise, instead of one that is on the decline.

Got it. Not sure that's info we should be sharing here...it's a VIP forum, right?
I have a question:
Why is it that if I buy a news paper, a magazine, a book, streaming show, etc., no one bats an eye if I share information which I have purchased.
Hey, turns out Harry Potter is a horcrux!
But if information comes from a paid website, people are concerned that it is being shared.
It’s all information which someone has purchased.
I am curious as to the rationale.

I have a question:
Why is it that if I buy a news paper, a magazine, a book, streaming show, etc., no one bats an eye if I share information which I have purchased.
But if information comes from a paid website, people are concerned that it is being shared.
The web site has been threatened with lawsuits by several sites for inadvertently allowing their premium content to appear here.

We don’t like that.

I have a question:
I hear ya, buddy. I'm not an admin of this site, but ever since I joined, the admins have said not to share premium content here. By extension, at the site I run, we are not allowed to use premium/VIP content either as source material. It's a no-no. I see other media outlets/fan sites run with VIP content, but I can't/don't.

The web site has been threatened with lawsuits by several sites for inadvertently allowing their premium content to appear here.

We don’t like that.
I understand the rule. I abide by the rule and nobody wants to deal with the hassles and costs of litigation even if the claims are baseless.

That said once someone sells me their information I am free to do with it whatever I want unless the terms of the sale preclude a specific use. If A buys the info and tells B, can B post it? They are just strong-arming this site to protect their pocketbook.

I have a question:
I've wondered that too. I can understand that we shouldn't copy content from a paid site and post it here. However, there is nothing illegal about saying something like "I read an article on xyz that I pay for and they're saying this...". People do that all the time.

IMHO media gatekeeping information is absurd in 2024. Information is instant now. It's like trying to contain the air.

We don’t like that.
I can understand that from your end, but I guess my question would be do they have a legal leg to stand on? (Not that you want to be defending a lawsuit even if you are right.)
What if there was attribution or a link?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom